Raspberry Ketone - does it work?

Options
13»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...Not sure why Dr Oz is promoting them so much...
    Same reason he promotes other diet hoaxes - because he's paid quite handsomely to endorse them. Same reason pro bodybuilders promote supplements they've never used (or are irrelevant when their steroid usage is what has actually helped them achieve the gains they've made). Read a fitness/bodybuilding magazine and look at the insane claims companies make about their supplements. "6 pounds of muscle mass in 2 weeks!" "Get huge overnight!!!!"

The diet industry is a multi-billion dollar machine which preys upon desperate people looking for a quick fix. Although regulated by the FDA, they're still able to make outlandish (and untrue) claims about their products as long as they provide the proper disclaimers in small print. Read any supplement ad and you'll see things like "*Results not typical."; "**When combined with a restricted-calorie diet and exercise program"; etc.
  • rufflestx
    Options
    I so hope someone read this account and I am curious to see if I am the only one who has the same reactions. I've taken Raspberry Ketone for several months, and I feel a very clear difference between days I'm taking the tables and days I don't. After taking the tablets I feel like I have done a few too many sit ups or I have a mild case of morning sickness. I break the tablet in two because I think it devolves quicker and within an hour I will feel my tummy muscles shiver like the morning after sit ups at the gym. It doesn't slow me down at all, in fact, while I feel the "touch" of morning sickness I am doubly aware of what I'm eating, cause I just don't feel like eating. Anyone else on MFP get this reaction?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I so hope someone read this account and I am curious to see if I am the only one who has the same reactions. I've taken Raspberry Ketone for several months, and I feel a very clear difference between days I'm taking the tables and days I don't. After taking the tablets I feel like I have done a few too many sit ups or I have a mild case of morning sickness. I break the tablet in two because I think it devolves quicker and within an hour I will feel my tummy muscles shiver like the morning after sit ups at the gym. It doesn't slow me down at all, in fact, while I feel the "touch" of morning sickness I am doubly aware of what I'm eating, cause I just don't feel like eating. Anyone else on MFP get this reaction?
    A pill that makes you shiver and not want to eat. doesn't sound like something I'd want to keep taking.
  • lyninit2winit
    lyninit2winit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Update - with diet and exercise working out like 4-5 days per week ... the verdict is: They do not work. I stopped taking them.
  • lyninit2winit
    lyninit2winit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also I believe I have lost since i stopped taking them. I think they were bloating and constipating me aggrivating my IBS. ... I am doing Visalus shakes now but eating healthy with any supplement please use wisdom and watch your body signals.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry if this sounds condescending, because it's really not my aim, and I happen to have a bit of a blunt way of putting things:
    I don't know why people don't just Google for more information. Places like MFP and other similar sites are not just used by weight loss enthusiasts, but my marketeers, advertisers, and people posing as regular members in order to up sell these products.

Raspberry ketones have had no scientific trials, and preliminary studies have shown they do nothing to help boost any kind of weight loss.
    Any 'supplement' comes with the instructions to be used as part of a well balanced life style, so any weight loss can actually be attributed to the exercise and better eating, than whatever tablets you've been taking along side.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not only this, but I remember reading that you take them for two weeks, and then they boost your metabolism.
    If you want to boost your metabolism with immediate effect, any kind of exercise will do, rather than taking a tablet which works in two weeks time (and may not even work...)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    No.

Save your money.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry if this sounds condescending, because it's really not my aim, and I happen to have a bit of a blunt way of putting things:
    I don't know why people don't just Google for more information. Places like MFP and other similar sites are not just used by weight loss enthusiasts, but my marketeers, advertisers, and people posing as regular members in order to up sell these products.

Actually, if you stick around you'll see that threads like these are always met with a resounding NO. I can't say that I've seen anyone actually marketing these quick fixes on here ans I don't think they would survive the barrage of abuse and vitriol if they tried.