Setting SHORT-TERM goals

Options

Replies

• kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    1. Learn some new things to do with free weights for more variety to my workouts
    2. Up my dumbbells to the next KG
  • BuhbyeBooty
    Options
    I agree completely! I always have at least 3 goals: 1 for the week, one for 3 months out and my end goal. Having a lot of weight to lose can be really overwhelming, and it's easy to get frustrated with your long-term goal because it might be years away. Having mini goals along the way definitely increase my motivation and keep me on track.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    What a good post! I actually haven't thought about any "short-term" goals except for making the gym 3 days a week (at least). I'll have to think this over!
  • marine71
    Options
    My short term goals are simple: do at least one house chore a day, do not buy what I do not need, feed my body wholesome foods only when I am hungry, engage in a conversation with my teenage son on whatever topic he wants to talk about, do not worry about what I cannot control, remember that I only exist in the present. All those small goals often leave me at the end of the day with a warm feeling of accomplishment.

I never reward myself with food or something I need to buy. My reward is usually to take a day off and go hike or go on a mini road trip.
  • peilover010202
    peilover010202 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    love this! My first short-term goal was to loose 5lbs. Got that done!!

Daily goals:
    find healthier, lower calorie meals/foods that I LOVE! (without using artificial sweeteners)
    exercise daily!

My weekly goal is to exercise 6 days/wk.

My first monthly goal is to reward myself with new shoes if I meet my 6 day/wk exercise plan for 4 straight weeks. =)
  • espy1975
    espy1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never thought of them as short-term goals, but yea I do that every day. "Stick to the plan" is the most popular one.
    with exercise I set a goal I want to achieve and cant quit til i get there.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Eat more delicious things.

I like the cut of your jib!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    each day that I stick to my calories is a mini goal achieved :D I was thinking of non food treats such as a new bit of make-up for 10lbs off. At the moment though I am just celebrating every time I "Don't" you know- have a bun, cheese sandwich, bag of crisps...I can fit these things in - BUT they are crow bars with which my diet saboteur brakes out so not yet x
  • magdalen13
    magdalen13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My short term goals are simple: do at least one house chore a day, do not buy what I do not need, feed my body wholesome foods only when I am hungry, engage in a conversation with my teenage son on whatever topic he wants to talk about, do not worry about what I cannot control, remember that I only exist in the present. All those small goals often leave me at the end of the day with a warm feeling of accomplishment.

I never reward myself with food or something I need to buy. My reward is usually to take a day off and go hike or go on a mini road trip.

That just about sums up what we all should be doing :) thanks!
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My mini goals are to try 2 completely new meals every week. I have always been kind of stuck in what I like to eat and not huge on trying new foods. My ongoing short term is to lose 7% of my body weight.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    To be 190lbs by late march when I go on vacation in Hawaii
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I set myself weekly goals like amount of water, exercise, things from the previous week I need to modify in order to eat healthier.

Fitbit sets me weekly goals in order to up my normal daily activity and I strive to reach those.

I also have my weight loss goals broken down into certain increments, some of which are marked by getting a new bead for my bracelet. Others are pride based. Right now I'm three pounds away from having lost a quarter of what I needed to lose when I started.
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I got out my wii-fit yesturday. I want to use it at least 2 times a week working on my balance. This will be on top of my 4 trips to they gym.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Short term goals -
    1) spend quality time with my family without television/computer each night by reading books and snuggling
    2) menu plan every week HEALTHY, filling meals that are nutritious to me and my family (also must make my calorie goals daily)
    3) hit the gym at least 4 days a week, walk 10,000 steps a day, 10 flights of stairs
    4) and be kind to myself - I am in a lifestyle change in finding the new me. i am going to make mistakes but I can do it.

Long term -
    Get my weight down between 125 - 130, wear a size 6 - 8 (of course depending on the clothing) and to be CONFIDENT, FIT and HEALTHY
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 14 of the 30 day shred. I've never done ANYTHING every single day, so I'm on a mission to finish the 30 days without a break!
    In February, I want to increase my workout time to 40 mins.
    March 1st I'm going to start Insanity - it scares the heck out of me right now, but that's my goal
    To be a size 8 by the end of March so I can go spring clothes shopping for size 8 - I'm JUST begininning to fit into size 10, so it's not too unrealistic
    My ultimate goal is to be 140 by July 1st - hubby and I have agreed to a little reward at that time of a shopping spree and spa weekend - just me :) (I have 4 kids, so half the joy in that is being by myself for 48 hours!!)
    Now that I think about it - my ULTIMATE goal is to REMAIN at 140lbs for the rest of my life (give or take) I REALLY don't want to yoyo like I watched my mother do her whole life!!
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! My goal is to stop eating so much sugar this week! I LOVE sugar!

Chocolate bars where on sale again and I ate a chocolate bar for breakfast on Sunday lol!!!
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get through Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30....6 days a week, doing 3 days, 1 day of rest, 3 days on. When I get through this first week, I'll be super proud of myself lol

go girl!!!! we're here for you!
  • Janey142
    Janey142 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Short term goal for me is to be able to do 10 full push ups.. currently doing 10 knee push ups a night trying to get those arms working!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

That just about sums up what we all should be doing :) thanks!

I concur! Except for one thing- i've been craving ice cream lately (maybe it's one of those pregnancy things, idk) but I'm not allowing myself that treat until after my 16wk appt. If I've met my goal for this month, I am treating myself to a small ice cream. :)
  • Jordyn321
    Options
    my short time goal is 5 pounds by march