Kimberly Snyder - Beauty Detox - Glowing Green Smoothie

Options
lmr9
lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
Have any of you read it? Any of you follow her advice? I've just started reading it, and I'm curious to hear from people who actually eat like she suggests. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/
http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/the-beauty-detox-solution/
http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/ggs/

Replies

• lmr9
    Options
    Bump!
  • mamamadden
    Options
    I did the detox after i had my baby last year. It helped me loose about 40 lbs in 3 months. Its super fast weight loss and your skin and hair look so good ,you glow. But the bad part is, its hard to stick with. So Just started it again, and hope to loose the weight I gained when I went off of it. Well good luck with it I hope you can do it!!!
  • lmr9
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I knew there had to be someone out there. :smile:

I've never done it before, and had never even heard of Kim Snyder before, but two friends said how great she was. I like to read about different nutrition plans, so I decided to check her out. I'm about half way through her book, and it seems very interesting. It's a big change from how I've eaten for many years now...which is high protein/low carb. I'm a runner, and do boot camps every day - every boot camp instructor I've had endorses the high protein/low carb eating style...eating 5-7 small meals a day.

So far the biggest change I've noticed is depending on plant protein and not animal protein. I love meat! But I think there's something to it. I believe what she says about stomach/intestine acidity...and increased cancer rates for high animal protein diets...and fruits and veggies are packed full of good stuff that we need. We'll see how I feel after finishing the book, but I think I'm going to try to incorporate her GGS in the mornings, and still have some animal protein in my diet. Not sure I could (or would want to!) ever go totally vegetarian! :laugh:
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have never read her book but I was getting her emails and reading her blogs a little. Personally I think she is strange and I'm not crazy about some of her ideas. I know there are a lot of people who are vegan or vegetarians on here and they may have more insight into her ideas....the smoothy sounds good but otherwise I would never do her program....I love my meat too much!
  • jotapaula
    jotapaula Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been taking detox juices on a daily basis for a while. I think it is great, and I have noticed a big improvement on my skin and digestive system. I have not followed Kimberly's diet, I read a book written by a chemist, who explains what vegetables and fruits, as well as what nuts to use.

I will write here some of her tips.

For adults:
    2 tablespoons of whole flexseeds
    some veggies and fruits, but always include 1 lemon
    1 teaspoon of honey
    water

Add the whole flexseeds to water - about 10 times the amount of water, leave it for 8 hours. The seeds will soak the water and become slimey. Add the "slimey" seeds to a blender, add the other veggies/fruits with some water. Drink it all.

It is important to drink it on an empty stomach, and wait 30 minutes before eating anything else - this is because the seeds after being soaked in water for that long becomes a "live food" and when mixed with processed and cooked foods, expands in the stomach.

Flexseeds is a great source of Omega 3, fiber and protein.

The juice I think feels me up the most is: red beet, kiwi, lemon, honey and cucumber. If I want to skip dinner all together, I eat a carrot right after drinking the juice.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I liked checking out her refrigerator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLl58JdYg4M

That mossy stuff was weird.... never seen anyone eat that in real life before.
  • lmr9
    Options
    So far I've only incorporated her Glowing Green Smoothie. I'm still reading through the book and trying to determine "how far" I want to go with her methods. I'm used to eating a very high protein diet, so this is quite the change, needless to say...
  • trtmom
    trtmom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the GGS for 2 weeks now and I'm addicted. I've noticed an increase in my energy and a decrease in my sweet cravings. I've also noticed how nice my nails are growing! I'm only doing a GGS for breakfast, but it's so good and filling, I'm thinking about having it for dinner too.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Cleanse by bathsheba_c

To cleanse or not to cleanse? That is the question.
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of non-specific toxins
    Or to take arms against a sea of imagined bowel obstructions
    And by opposing, perforate one's colon. To juice; to detox;
    No more; and by a detox to say we end
    The pH and the balance of intestinal flora
    That guts are heir to, 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be avoided. To juice; to detox;
    To detox: perchance to puke: aye, there's the rub;
    For in the pangs of indigestion what side-effects may come
    When we go and leave our undies soiled.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Cleanse by bathsheba_c

To cleanse or not to cleanse? That is the question.
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of non-specific toxins
    Or to take arms against a sea of imagined bowel obstructions
    And by opposing, perforate one's colon. To juice; to detox;
    No more; and by a detox to say we end
    The pH and the balance of intestinal flora
    That guts are heir to, 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be avoided. To juice; to detox;
    To detox: perchance to puke: aye, there's the rub;
    For in the pangs of indigestion what side-effects may come
    When we go and leave our undies soiled.

I like you! :flowerforyou:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    How is any type of cleanse or "detox" going to translate into a lifelong change in nutrition and fitness?
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    How is any type of cleanse or "detox" going to translate into a lifelong change in nutrition and fitness?

Sometimes you got to do a short detox regiment to clean out junk and give your body chance to heal itself. Like pulling out a bad tooth or fixing a cavity does not become a lifelong thing you do every day, but rather when you need it. Our bodies were never created to process all the artificial junk we eat these times & days. Most of gluten, dairy... and other allergies are due to eating fortified, modified and over-processed food.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Sometimes you got to do a short detox regiment to clean out junk and give your body chance to heal itself. Like pulling out a bad tooth or fixing a cavity does not become a lifelong thing you do every day, but rather when you need it. Our bodies were never created to process all the artificial junk we eat these times & days. Most of gluten, dairy... and other allergies are due to eating fortified, modified and over-processed food.

Nope.

You're sending the spider in to catch the fly and the fly doesn't even exist.
    (super sophisticated literary reference FTW http://www.askbaby.com/there-was-an-old-lady-nursery-rhyme.htm)
  • ElektraKing
    Options
    O.k. of you who have been drinking this GGS have you had any digestive or intestinal discomfort??
  • lmr9
    Options
    O.k. of you who have been drinking this GGS have you had any digestive or intestinal discomfort??

No, I have not.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Sometimes you got to do a short detox regiment to clean out junk and give your body chance to heal itself. Like pulling out a bad tooth or fixing a cavity does not become a lifelong thing you do every day, but rather when you need it. Our bodies were never created to process all the artificial junk we eat these times & days.

Yah, you have organs for that. Detoxes and cleanses are completely unnecessary.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I prefer to let my organs detox my body...after all, they arent taking up space for nothing.
  • kkdfitpal
    kkdfitpal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started drinking the GGS a year ago and this past fall I did Dr. Junger's CLEAN detox and felt great! I didnt buy any of the program's supplements, I used my own and just followed the clean eating and some of the smoothies are similar to GGS. I still have a smoothie almost every morning for breakfast.

http://my.cleanprogram.com/

Best of luck in finding your way!
  • RachMarie247
    RachMarie247 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There are lots of scientists/dieticians/doctors who perscribe the same diet (and have science that proves animal protien causes cancer). Check out the China Study, PCRM: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine Engine 2 Diet... etc.

The documentary Forks Over Knives is also really great.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Sometimes you got to do a short detox regiment to clean out junk and give your body chance to heal itself. Like pulling out a bad tooth or fixing a cavity does not become a lifelong thing you do every day, but rather when you need it. Our bodies were never created to process all the artificial junk we eat these times & days.

Yah, you have organs for that. Detoxes and cleanses are completely unnecessary.

No kidding. The only thing I'm gonna drink with that many names might be some off-the-wall rare beer... and it better not be green.

OP, it's hype. You can buy into it and follow blindly (blinded), or you can choose not to. There isn't going to be much support of the "sure, detox shakes are fab" route here. Not because we're bullies, we just love science.