I want to add a Vegan day to my current diet.

Options
13»

Replies

• freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ask a gorilla. they are vegan and sure as heck have a lot of lean muscle mass, and are pretty closely related to us humans. I doubt they get that much protein however.

The link I posted was all about vegan body building and they listed several diet plans...I didnt look at them all but it sure sounds like it could answer your question. I just dont think you should be so hung up on the protein....if your body has plenty of good quality carbs from good sources to burn for fuel, then all the protein goes to muscle development and repair, not being burned for fuel which is our bodies last resort after it burns the carbs and fats.

Actually gorillas are not vegan. Unless termites and other insects are made from tofu. Or perhaps the occasional birds egg. Gorillas are omnivores just like humans, chimps and monkeys.
    I think you can get adequate amounts of protein as a vegan but avoiding soy makes it even more difficult. Personaly I'll stick to eating the tasty critters.

about 3% of a gorillas diet is insects, mostly termites. I dont know many omnivores that consume 3% animal products.
    and if its so tasty..eat it just boiled without any seasoning or cooking method that bowns it adding flavor.

Decomposing flesh is not tasty.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Are insects vegan?

You could convince me to eat escamole. Other things, not so much.