Tracy Anderson is an idiot
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    LOL Tracy Anderson.

Ever seen this? Preposterous
    http://www.oprah.com/health/Gwyneth-Paltrows-Workout-Routine
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    That sounds like another 80s myth that got recycled. I remember in the 80s they used to say that lifting weights would build muscle, but as soon as you quit lifting, your muscles would magically turn into fat. :noway:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I would like to write some hate mail.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Preposterous
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    an overworked aging muscle produces an undesirable skin tone

what
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    LOL Tracy Anderson.

Wow. They both look frail.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Now that's just a big load of ****. Every woman I know who lifts heavy and has stuck with it looks awesome. If you're going to lift 3 pound weights, you might as well do nothing at all...you'll get just about the same benefit and save yourself an hour in the gym. When you get old and your connective tissue starts to break down, you're going to look old and saggy regardless...actually, I'll bet the ones who lifted heavy look a lot less saggy and wrinkled than the ones who either did nothing or spent endless hours droning away on a treadmill or elliptical.

I'm so sick of these women's magazines and write ups discouraging lifting heavy...my wife chucked hers in the trash and has been lifting heavy...this motivated me to start because she looks friggin' awesome.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    This is the first time in the history of the forums I would like to see caligirls pictures posted to counter this myth.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    This is the first time in the history of the forums I would like to see caligirls pictures posted to counter this myth.
    QFT
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

This is serious guys.

Really, though. I'd never thought to see Tracy Anderson's name even mentioned on this site. She got raked over the coals in the old pop culture community I used to be on... I never fathomed she'd be brought up here.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    <--- I lift heavy and I'm 40 years old.

The only thing that's drooping are my jeans that are falling off my ever-shrinking waist.

This. Anyone who has read your blog is fully aware that that article is crap. You are perfection.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    HA HA HA HA AH AH AH HA

NO
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    She is a joke
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    LOL Tracy Anderson.

F*cking EW!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Tracy Anderson! I was wondering why that name seemed so familiar...I have a friend who was doing her 'Method' early last year, it involved lots of leaping about and only eating pureed beets and such. Sounded very extreme to me, and I declined to do it also.

I would take anything she says with a grain, no a whole box, of salt.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Lol can this even be considered serious?
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    hahahaha.... the only thing that I lift that is less than 3 lbs is my water bottle!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Weird. Maybe they mean that if you have huge muscles from lifting heavy, THEN you stop and they sag? What's better? Lifting and being healthy with saggy muscles later or having fat that makes you physically ill? Id' rather sag later, I probably will anyway. Who cares?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    One of the comments on that Gwyneth Paltrow page....

"it's called repetition! rather than lifting 30-40 for 10 reps....you life 3-5 for 24 x 3 (just for example) - it keeps you long and lean and toned, rather than building bulk.
    some people like bulk....others like long and lean...perhaps for a more elegant look."

Who ever started the 'elegant, long, lean muscle' thing really did a fantastic marketing campaign.