How often to you weigh and do you record each time?

Options
13»

Replies

• CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Butt naked before the shower every morning. Best way to track exactly what does and doesn't cause the weight to fluctuate.
  • Kamile69
    Options
    I weigh once a week only and record ups and downs from that weigh in. :smile:
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I do it in the morning but when ever i want. I dont have a set day i just do it for fun. for me im more focused on bf% and inches.
  • ElaineRochelle
    Options
    I weigh myself once every day or every other day. I only record losses.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Butt naked before the shower every morning. Best way to track exactly what does and doesn't cause the weight to fluctuate.
    pics or your lying:tongue:
  • judith0622
    judith0622 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Once a week and only on tuesday.
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself every morning, before dressing for work if I remember.

p.s. don't weigh yourself in your uniform/clothing, I don't know but according to my scale my uniform adds anywhere from 4-5 extra pounds, don't know how because they sure as heck don't feel that heavy coming out of the closet.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I weigh & record every Sunday.
  • KazSmith68
    Options
    Usually once a week and only record losses
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i check daily when i wake up and record only once a week loses only on my profile but will comment and post the gains on the group i'm on.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i weigh in on Monday and and record it regardless. one group i'm with has a weigh in on Friday so i weigh in hten as well and sometimes i record that but not always i do record it for the group i'm with though
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and record it once a week no matter if its good or bad.
  • Prettyskinny69
    Options
    I know you're not supposed to but I weigh myself about 5 times a week. I know, I know, muscle weighs more than fat and your weight can fluctuate from bloating and water weight and little things like that but if I get over a certain weight I go into hardcore diet/workout mode to get myself back under the weight again.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to go back to weighing once a week and not be so obsessive about it, but while I've been weighing myself each day (same time each morning), I only record gains if they last for more than three days and I record all losses. Once I hit my goal weight, I plan on putting the scale away and just use my jeans as a barometer for how I'm doing.
  • glow_muffin
    glow_muffin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, record once a week!

Me too!
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Like most here I weigh every morning bit record once a week.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i weigh in and log it everyday, probably could do it every thursday or friday(little more accurate). but, why buy something if you're not gonna use it
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily because I'm impatient, log weekly because I'm realistic. Log gains and losses.
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today is the reason I am glad I weigh myself daily. I started a week ago at 310.4 lbs (I know horrible). I weighed myself each morning and by day 3 I was at 307 (or in that area). I hovered there for the next 3 days and thought a 3-4 lb weight loss would be great. Official weigh in day comes and I am at 304.2. I didn't do anything different to manipulate my weigh in but now I was 6+ lbs down. The next day I was still in the 304 range, but today I am back up to 307. I eat the same basic menu this week that I ate last week. I have to figure that I will be working all week to really get down to 304. But if I had weighed myself once on weigh in day and then again the next week I would have been disappointed when/if the scale read the exact same despite being good all week.