Alli for weight loss

Options
Trying to decide if I should try Alli ( over the counter weight loss pill) to aid in my journey. Any opinions?

Replies

• MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Greasy anal leakage... I can not say more.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    oh man.. I wanted to be the first to say greasy anal leakage...
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I personally havent used it but my sister did and caused her alot of bad bowel movements.... I always say if it sounds too good to be true, it more than likely is..
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    oh man.. I wanted to be the first to say greasy anal leakage...

:smokin: lol
  • eddied91
    eddied91 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you stick to the alli rules, which is dont eat a high fat diet (more than 15g per meal) then you wont get any of the nasty side effects people talk about. It could help you lose an extra one pound per two you usually lose.
    Ive just started and I havent had any side effects and am losing weight.
  • sheilapie
    sheilapie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i wasnt impressed with it... i took it for over 6 months. no big change... its basic.. exercise, calories in, calories out.. no quick fix. we have to work for it. my doctor said no to alli
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options

Hey I was gonna say that :sad: :grumble:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I used alli before for 2 months and the slightest bit of fat you eat and your running to the bathroom. And your lucky if you make it in time. Can't eat any cheese at all while taking it or peanut butter, butter or even I can't believe its not butter etc etc. Don't even try to eat beef or chicken with the skin on it. Even low fat salad dressings will ruin your day.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Risk of pooping myself in public? or eating a healthy diet?.....hhmmmm? Decisions decisions.

Seriously though, I guess it works for some people but you have to eat a low fat diet to avoid the side effects so why not try lowering your fat consumption slightly first and see what happens weight wise before spending your money.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Why put a chemical into your body when you can get results by eating right and exercising and taking your time. Expecting instant results by using weight loss gimmicks will give you results but rarely lasting ones.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    sounds like fun..................NOT.
  • teagensmommy
    teagensmommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I dont mean for it to be a end all cure all for my weight loss, I know and understand the concept of eating right and working hard to obtain goals. I have read the articles on the drug and know the nasty side effects, just wondering if any of you have tried it and of your results, or lack there of. If the things they say about the drug are true, and it can help a person loose an extra pound to every three to five they loose on their own, thats a huge boost. And thats what I need, a solid push in the right direction.
  • harryandsally
    harryandsally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the best thing about it is making sure you adhere to an extremely low-fat diet to avoid the..... um..... unpleasant side effect.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I for one am happy to see yet another post about anal leakage today. I can't get enough of it. Yay - greasy orange oil dripping out your butt! Sounds fantastic!! I don't know why everyone doesn't try it.

Even their ads say you'll maybe lose an extra pound - likely that grease dripping out your butt.
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    Whatever it is i consider we should all follow safe weight loss programs for an effective overall weight loss. :) nowadays you can find many good diet programs where you would not have any side effect; moreover, you would not waste your hard-earned money.
    Guys!! if you do try this weight-loss drug at least make sure it isn't fake one. if u want u can read reviews of alli here http://www.thinreport.com/alli.html
    Take care of your-selves. gud luck :)
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I think the reason it works is that people are so scared to eat much for risk of pooping themselves! And if they do eat a bit bad, they diarrhea it out!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the best thing about it is making sure you adhere to an extremely low-fat diet to avoid the..... um..... unpleasant side effect.
    Why is adhering to an "extremely low-fat diet" a good thing? Your body needs fat for several reasons (proper hormone regulation among them). Ever hear of EFA (Essential Fatty Acids)? The recommendations are usually around 0.3 - 0.4g fat per pound of bodyweight. Also, dietary fat =/= body fat.

Alli is not beneficial in the long term. It doesn't help teach proper eating habits and it isn't sustainable. Once you stop taking it because you get tired of orange grease staining your underwear and running down your leg, you'll be no better off than when you started.
  • harryandsally
    harryandsally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Why is adhering to an "extremely low-fat diet" a good thing? Your body needs fat for several reasons (proper hormone regulation among them). Ever hear of EFA (Essential Fatty Acids)? The recommendations are usually around 0.3 - 0.4g fat per pound of bodyweight. Also, dietary fat =/= body fat.

Alli is not beneficial in the long term. It doesn't help teach proper eating habits and it isn't sustainable. Once you stop taking it because you get tired of orange grease staining your underwear and running down your leg, you'll be no better off than when you started.

I wasn't advocating for an extremely low-fat diet.... Just saying that that might be the only way to avoid the side effect.
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not only do you get greasy oily discharge from your butt as a side effect, there is also a possibility of damaging your gall bladder from it.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

HOT