Alli for weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Not only do you get greasy oily discharge from your butt [...]
    I got such a good laugh at this my stomach muscles hurt.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    http://thewvsr.com/alli.htm

Go there and read the review it's friggin hilarious
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide if I should try Alli ( over the counter weight loss pill) to aid in my journey. Any opinions?

Seems legit as long as you don't mind crapping yourself.
  • Adarob12
    Options
    I think the reason it works is that people are so scared to eat much for risk of pooping themselves! And if they do eat a bit bad, they diarrhea it out!

LOL
    I agree with this. Cheeseburger and crap myself or salad and dont....decisions decisions.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i don't use it but i have done. my mum uses it and has helped her lose 2 stone. she's 49 years old, had pcos and endometriosis all her life until she had a full hysterectomy and gained weight (she found it hard to lose weight before because of her illnesses). alli was the only thing which helped her lose and she has a lot of allergies and intolerances. but it works differently for everyone so give it a try if you want but i really don't think you should unless you really do need the extra help.
  • secretfatdiary
    Options
    There's a lot of scaremongering about Alli. If you use it as you're supposed to use it, you don't get the, er...poo problems.

I have used Alli in the past, but stopped because I developed a stomach ulcer (Dr says it was unrelated to Alli, I'm not convinced but then I'm not a Dr) and Alli aggravated it.

I ate well with it. I lost weight quite well. (10lbs/month) I suffered no dodgy bum side-effects.

I wouldn't take it again due to the ol' ulcer, but I would encourage anyone who wants to take it to go to the Dr for a prescription (UK peoples definitely - no idea how it works abroad). It's cheaper from a Dr as you only pay the prescription fee, and it's stronger than the over the counter version - that pharmacy version is 50% strength of the prescription pill.

If you're going to take Alli and then eat a pizza, you're going to poo yourself. Possibly. It's not a miracle cure - you still have to make good choices.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Alli only 'works' because you have to stick to under 15g of fat per meal. If you have 3 meals a day and they each have less than 15g of fat in them then it is unlikely that you'll be eating huge amounts of calories. Therefore Alli is effectively a way of restricting your calories.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    A girl at work was using that and although she lost weight, I overheard her in the work bathroom one day, lets just say it didn't sound good and I felt really bad for her.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If you can read this without crying through laughter, then you're a better man than me.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If you're going to take Alli and then eat a pizza, you're going to poo yourself. Possibly. It's not a miracle cure - you still have to make good choices.

There's definitely no mistaking it for a miracle cure... Not unless your name is Mr Creosote.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    If you can read this without crying through laughter, then you're a better man than me.

I can't believe they actually put in their official literature to wear dark pants! I mean, it's good advice, but FUNNY! :laugh:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Go there and read the review it's friggin hilarious

OMG THIS IS AWESOME! BWAHAHAHAHA!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what it is... I wouldn't use any weight loss product for fear of doing long term damage. In saying that, I have tried pills when I was younger and misinformed, anyone using this site should be aware of the dangers.
  • Dolci07
    Dolci07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I took Alli for about 2 months. One day I went to work and as soon as I got there I had to go so bad I was running to the bathroom. I didn't make it. I was pooping myself like a baby. It was so embarressing! I had to call family to bring in new clothing. I am never taking that again.
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine used it a few years ago regularly. It is not a cure-all pill that will allow you to eat whatever you want. It is designed to help you only if you eat well. She never had any side effects with it and lost a lot of weight using it along with a well-balanced diet and exercise. Once she reached her goal weight, she stopped taking it and gained only about 5 or so pounds back (of the 60 she lost in total so not too bad) and she really liked it. I haven't tried it yet, but was considering it
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine used it a few years ago regularly. It is not a cure-all pill that will allow you to eat whatever you want. It is designed to help you only if you eat well. She never had any side effects with it and lost a lot of weight using it along with a well-balanced diet and exercise. Once she reached her goal weight, she stopped taking it and gained only about 5 or so pounds back (of the 60 she lost in total so not too bad) and she really liked it. I haven't tried it yet, but was considering it
    I'd be willing to bet that the bolded/underlined part would have done the job just as well. If the Alli had any effect at all, it was most likely the fact that she restricted calories in fear of pooping herself - not a way I'd like to live. Oily, foul, orange anal leakage has the potential to be highly detrimental to one's social life.