What foods are you cutting out to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• nachodman
    nachodman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The one thing to remember, this is NOT a diet, but a change in your lifestyle (if you want the weight loss to be permanent). So what you must ask yourself is, 'how bad do I want the junk food?' If you are willing to walk/run/swim/bike etc more to be able to eat what you want, then go for it. If you want to lose weight, reduce your caloric intake to an amount less than what you are burning on a daily basis. Of course, the road to a new you can, and usually is rough, so reward yourself along the way...just don't go overboard. I used to eat what I wanted but worked out to keep/maintain my weight, since I changed my nutrition habits (about 3 weeks now) I have lost about 7 pounds. Now that may not be much, but the changes have been so small that I can see keeping them. You must set goals you can reach (to boost your self-esteem and confidence in your abilities), they must be realistic and measureable. So again, the question is, what do you like to eat and are you willing to do more for it? You can have ANYTHING you want and of course the key to that is....MODERATION. Measure your portion sizes. Best of luck and I am sure you will do great.
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am eating junky food less often, and less of it when I do.

I am not cutting anything out entirely.

^^This
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I am eating junky food less often, and less of it when I do.

I am not cutting anything out entirely.

^^^ THIS. ^^^
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Fizzy drinks I'm cutting. But I eat everything else. I eat junk if I really want to.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything, I just try to eat things in moderation. But I don't drink soda or alcohol anyway, so it's not like I'm "cutting it out"
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Trying to control my cookie intake. Its really stretching my willpower!
  • KyleO101
    Options
    Don't eat or drink anything that begins with the letter B...Booze, Beer, Baked Potatoe, Bread, Beef, Brautworst etc....lol:drinker:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Not really cutting out anything in particular, however, I am avoiding buying my trigger foods... that being said, if I go somewhere and it is there I will probably eat it! I don't believe in giving up a particular food group, unless you need to for medical reasons... I just need to learn portion control.
  • bobbiguy
    Options
    So far I haven't cut anything out. I ate 3 meals today no snacks and drack alot of water. Plus got in a good workout ( insanity but it is only my second day doing it). I want to also ad some pilates and yoga into my routine daily to see where it gets me. This is my second day of this so we will see. I started eating out a lot more than usual the past 4 months and went from 113 to 121 since October. Need to get the extra pounds off plus tone up.
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MacDonalds, chicken wings and pizza ! will still have last two but only as a treat and only half as much.:smile:
  • NSP85
    NSP85 Posts: 27
    Options
    Fast food for sure and pop. Pop is my evil enemy.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Nope not cutting anything out. Just cutting back on portions.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I just control portions. I haven't cut out anything.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Don't eat or drink anything that begins with the letter B...Booze, Beer, Baked Potatoe, Bread, Beef, Brautworst etc....lol:drinker:

Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Beans. . . seems legit :laugh:
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    No more soda. I refuse to drink diet, so I cut it out altogether. I am also desperately trying to avoid the drive thru.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Not cutting anything out completely. I can't imagine a life without cookies, so I have learned how to eat & live in a way that allows me to fit any food into my diet. Now THAT I can live with.

This. All the "bad" things will still be around me so I've got to learn to live with them and make them a small part of my diet. I don't plan on not eating something; I hope and plan to keep it all in moderation.
  • x_pix_x
    x_pix_x Posts: 21
    Options
    I had told myself I wouldn't cut anything out entirely as this is a lifestyle change not a diet, however I seem to have substituted butter for extra light laughing cow triangles. The logic being that if I'm having butter on bread I like plenty of it which I cannot justify wasting calories on, the triangles I have instead are much lower in cals than actually only having a small amount of butter or spread and still tastes just as creamy, so technically I've cut it out but I see it as choosing to keep the creamy taste I enjoy rather than reducing the amount of butter which means I don't feel like I'm depriving myself.

Oh and I haven't touched pizza, can't find one with a low enough amount of calories to justify it to myself, it would wipe out far too many and I'd rather have more food instead! So in my logic it's not cutting out as much as allowing myself to eat more with other choices of food, positive spin makes it easy to do lol! I haven't missed it but I'm sure at some point in my life I'll have one just not right now.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    Nothing :) everything in moderation here! I'm losing weight eating the same foods I plan to maintain on
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    anything from time to time but things I have cut way back on over the past 2 years:

soda
    cake
    frozen foods
    fast food
    candy
    bread/pasta
    anything high in sodium-especially soup, chef boyardee, etc
    large portions
    etc :)

More fruits/veg/healthy protein. I'm tryin so hard! I've been stuck losing and gaining these 5 lbs for a looooong time but I am trying really hard!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sugar.

Aside from the occasional apricot or apple, I just can't seem to find portion control with the good stuff :(