ShamROCKIN' Sixers Week 2

Options

Replies

• pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, Only 10 days until vacation. i cannot wait. I am not going to diet per se on vacation but how can you resist all that fresh salad fixings that is already cut up for you or even all those fresh fruit everyday. I am just glad that they do small portions on the ship.

Starting Weight on Dec 1 - 215 lbs
    Current Weight - 198.5 lbs
    Lost 16.5 lbs so far.

I have also logged my food at least 5/7 days.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Cathy & Lauryn - I hope your injuries get better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    izzypup.......................................SW 181.4 lbs / GW 180 lbs / CW 179 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4lbs
    Heidi(orangeoldies88)..........SW 188.0 lbs / GW 180.0 lbs / CW 188.0 lbs / PROGRESS - 0 lbs
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 146.0 lbs / GW 134.0 lbs / CW 142.0 lb/ PROGRESS - 4 lbs
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241.6 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 242.2 lbs / PROGRESS +.6 lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)............SW 266 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 266 lbs / PROGRESS 0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 178.5 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 178.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Verda (vhuber).........................SW 150.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs/ CW 149.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -1 lb
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 157.0 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 155.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Rhiannon (PedalHound).......SW 000.0lbs / GW -8lbs /CW -4.2lbs / PROGRESS -4.2lbs bigsmile
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 159 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.2 lbs / PROGRESS -1.8 lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 219.8 lbs/ GW 207 lbs / CW 219.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.8 lbs
    Kelly (redneckwoman)...........SW 149.0 lbs / GW 144.0 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 204.6 lbs/ GW 195lbs/ CW 206.8 lbs/ PROGRESS + 2.2 lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 200.6 lbs/ GW 188.0 lbs/ CW 200.00 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.6 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 145.2 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 147.7 lbs / PROGRESS +2.5lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.6 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 225.6 lbs / PROGRESS +/-0 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 201.0lbs / GW 196lbs / CW 201.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW 149lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 149 lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 166.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 2 lb
    Tamara (IKnowICan)..............SW 162.0 lbs/GW 157lbs/CW 162.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0 lb
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 132.5 / PROGRESS -4.5 lbs
    Em (greenerme) ......................SW 160.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    moonq8.....................................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 201.6 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs

Sorry I'm so late to check in, unfortunately not very good news. I'm somehow up 2.5 lbs!!! what?!?!

Oh and the test yesterday did not go so well so we shall see how that turns out. :(
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I am having a very bad day today, so I must share.......This morning my dog jumps up onto the bed as she does every morning. She is getting up there in age as you all know. Well her bladder leaked. So off to the laundry mat I go to wash all of the covers. After I get the blankets started I thought I would walk to the post office and mail off somethings and check our mail at the same time. So Whiskey(my dog) and I get to the parking lot entry to the post office and here are two little dogs. One runs across the road and barks at the other as to say "come on we need to get home." So the other little pup darts across the road and a car hits it. He backs up and says sorry and drives off. So here I am standing in the middle of the road tryijng to hold my big dog on her leash mail in the other hand, Trying to pick up this poor little dog who is suffering. I yell at a guy at the gas station to come help me and he just stands there. Finally I get the pup and my dog out of the road over to the gas station and the poor thing dies in my arms. Tony thank god just happened to pull into the gas station came over to see what was going on. The lady runs the gas station brought out some towels to cover the pup. Tony and decided to take the pup to the vets office which was just around the corner to see if they knew it by chance. They scanned it for a micro chip but had none. It did have a collar on it but no tags. So they told me that we could take up to the SPCA and they would take it. Or we could pay to have its remains creamated by them. So Tony is now late for work but takes the pup up there anyway. So I get back to the laundry mat and I tell the girl working there what just happpened. She asks if the other dog was a little black dog. I said yes and she said that they belong to her neighbor. So she said she would let them know where to find the poor little guy.

So after all that I put the blankets in the dryer and head over to the second hand store to see if I could find a bed skirt for our new bed. I get one that matches this comforter that I have been hanging on too. I thought it was a queen size comforter. Only to find out its a double. So now I am mad because I found the perfect skirt to go with it and it too short for our bed. The skirt looks great. So back to the old comforter that I have had for years now and wasted $6.00 washing the new one. But every thing is clean and I guess I will sell the other one at our yard sale we have later in the summer.

So now I have over eaten and dont feel like working out and its only 3p.m. I think I will have a glass wine to top it off.

Thanks for the listen...

Kel:heart:
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi all:D

So far today has been pretty great, although the weather is a bit of a bummer. Very snowy and really cold. Last night I went to a power pump class that really kicked my butt, and I am sure feeling it today. I am going to head to the gym so that I wont be even more sore tomorrow, or at least not as sore as I could be.

Kelly(redneckwoman) What a tramatic experience! I sincerely hope that your day goes better after all of that!

Everyone have an AWESOME day!!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Awwh.... Kel- That experience would have made ANYONES DAY BAD. I'm so sorry and can't imagine experiencing it. Glad Tony is always there when you need him, he sounds like a great guy for you! Sweet dreams at least!

Lauryn- Hope your back gets well. Do rest, it helps us feel better! The body does a great job healing if we allow it the time.

Cathy- Sorry to hear about your ham. AWWW.

Amy Lou- Sorry to hear about your feelings on the test... I remember feeling like that so vividly. It will turn out ok!

AFM:

I'm busy and running on BORROWED TIME EVERYDAY. Taking it as it comes. I've done classes at the gym for the past three days. Terrible days at work but tomorrow is the last one this week then off to Danville to look at a potential house to purchase and WHEW....1000 other things. I'm just trying to stay SANE.

Take care ladies,

Tamm
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Tamm - Good luck on the house hunt. I know it can be frustrating and fun to buy a house.
    Kel - What an aweful day. I would have had a glass of wine as well. Maybe 2!
    Amy - You can never tell. Maybe the test was fine.
    Cathy - Hope the Ham gets better.

I am having a really lazy week. I don't really feel like doing anything. I haven't been drinking my water this week and I can tell i have less energy. I need to get this thing back in gear!

Sandy
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Kel, that truly does sound like an awful day! What a sad thing :frown: I hope you get a good rest tonight and that tomorrow starts with fresh possibility! :heart:

Tamm, make sure you're taking the moments when you can to breathe, close your eyes and just connect with silence! Lots going on - just don't let it get the best of you! :heart:

Amy, you can overcome these hurdles! It's not easy to wait for what you feel will be bad news, but it will come and you will deal. HUGS!

Lauryn, sorry to hear your back is bothering you. Rest is a good idea!! Our bodies speak very clearly to us if we are willing to listen :wink:

Well, I have a poem by Rumi called 'The Guest House' that I want to share with you guys. I hope you can find something helpful in it!:

This being human is a guest house.
    Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
    some momentary awareness comes
    as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
    Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
    who violently sweep your house
    empty of its furniture,
    still, treat each guest honorably.
    She may be clearing you out
    for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
    meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
    because each has been sent
    as a guide from beyond.

-- Jelaluddin Rumi
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    izzypup.......................................SW 181.4 lbs / GW 180 lbs / CW 179 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4lbs
    Heidi(orangeoldies88)..........SW 188.0 lbs / GW 180.0 lbs / CW 188.0 lbs / PROGRESS - 0 lbs
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 146.0 lbs / GW 134.0 lbs / CW 142.0 lb/ PROGRESS - 4 lbs
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241.6 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 242.2 lbs / PROGRESS +.6 lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)............SW 266 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 266 lbs / PROGRESS 0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 178.5 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 178.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Verda (vhuber).........................SW 150.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs/ CW 149.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -1 lb
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 157.0 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 155.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Rhiannon (PedalHound).......SW 000.0lbs / GW -8lbs /CW -4.2lbs / PROGRESS -4.2lbs bigsmile
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 159 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.2 lbs / PROGRESS -1.8 lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 219.8 lbs/ GW 207 lbs / CW 219.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.8 lbs
    Kelly (redneckwoman)...........SW 149.0 lbs / GW 144.0 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 204.6 lbs/ GW 195lbs/ CW 206.8 lbs/ PROGRESS + 2.2 lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 200.6 lbs/ GW 188.0 lbs/ CW 200.00 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.6 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 145.2 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 147.7 lbs / PROGRESS +2.5lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.6 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 225.4 lbs / PROGRESS -0.2 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 201.0lbs / GW 196lbs / CW 201.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW 149lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 149 lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 166.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 2 lb
    Tamara (IKnowICan)..............SW 162.0 lbs/GW 157lbs/CW 162.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0 lb
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 132.5 / PROGRESS -4.5 lbs
    Em (greenerme) ......................SW 160.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    moonq8.....................................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 201.6 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs

I lost a little this week. I finally had time tonight to log my weight! Yesterday I left my house at 6:30am to get to work early to go to court in a few counties over, and didn't get home until 11:00pm. I did remember to weigh yesterday morning though - just didn't have time to log until tonight.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm just having super busy week - seems to be the story of my life the last few weeks.

Edited to add: I'm loving my job though! Even though I'm super tired, I'm excited to get to my work again tomorrow.

-Alison
  • amypyr
    Options
    Whew!! I found 30 Day Shred on Netflix. Thought I'd check it out before buying another exercise DVD. It looks like it might be better for me right now than the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism since it has 3 levels. I tried it tonight. I am sad to say that I am so completely out of shape that I couldn't get through most of level 1. But considering how my heart rate was, I'd say I burned some cals! I really need a HRM. I'm going to ask for one for Mother's Day. I was also under my calorie goal for the 1st time in months! Although I was way over in sodium. Didn't get all my water in either. But tomorrow's another day! :smile:

Good night everyone! I'm going to bed to crash!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Kelly...Your story brought me to tears (I am such an animal lover). Bless your heart for taking care of the poor pup...there are so many people who would just leave it. Hope today is a better day for you.

Amypyr...a heart rate monitor is a GREAT investment! I have a Polar F6 and I LOVE it! That way whatever exercise I do, I know exactly how many calories I burn! I hope you get one!

Ali...nice job on the loss! And glad to hear you're liking your job!

Rhiannon...I LOVE the poem! Thank you so much for sharing! Something each of us should listen to!

Sandy...I can totally relate to being lazy...I wish I could find my motivation again!

Tamm...House hunting...I remember how stressful! I wish you the best of luck...and just remember, what's meant to be will be! Don't stress too much!

Heidi...power pump sounds fun! Is that with weights? Sounds like a Body Pump class I used to take regularly.

AmyLou...Hope the test turns out okay. And don't fret about the small gain! I'm sure it will come off again quickly!

Pam...where are you going for vacation? I can't remember if you told us or not.

Cathy and Lauryn...take care of those injuries, girls! I can tell you from experience, that if you keep working it can make it SO much worse! Take some time to recover!

Lula...did you make it to the gym? Hope it was a good workout!

Amy S...hope you have fun on the main island! Look forward to hearing back from you tomorrow!

I'm sure I missed some people. To you...good morning!

AFM: I went on a lovely 2 mile walk yesterday after work with Kadence! It was about 50 degrees and felt like Spring! Made my day! And I know I was going at a good pace, because my legs are feeling it this morning. I forgot to put on my chest strap for my HRM so I don't know how many calories I burned, but I feel good about doing something! Pretty sure it's going to be raining this afternoon, but if not, the plan is to walk again!

Hope you are all well! I'll check back later!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Kadence's 6 month photo shoot!

2.jpg
    14.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.jpg
    35.jpg
    18.jpg
    27.jpg
    43.jpg
    47.jpg
    50.jpg
    52.jpg
    61.jpg
    63.jpg
    72.jpg
    76.jpg
    82.jpg
    103.jpg
    88.jpg
    91.jpg
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Woo hoo! A new day! A new chance for better progress and learning!

Kristin- The power pump class is the same as body pump. I am really feeling all of those lunges we did, just a big reminder of how I pushed myself and how I can do it again today! Those pictures are ADORABLE! You have such a beautiful little family, and your daughter is so photogenic! Thanks so much for sharing!

-Heidi :happy:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good pics kisten...soooo cute. brings back memories.

everyone is doing a great job and just cruising along.

trainer today. we will redo the kettle balls with sprawls. 20 kettle ball swings, than do 10 sprawls, 18 kettle swings, 9 sprawls, count down in this way until we get to 10 kettle, 5 sprawls. all in 10 mins. i was one of the first to do it tuesday. i just focused on a spot on the wall and swung. i enjoyed the kettle balls.

eating ok, not great, but, ok. still in my funk.

later
  • amypyr
    Options
    Good morning!

Kristin - Kadence is beautiful!!!!

I am so excited! I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself every day, but I can't help myself. I try not to let what it tells me mid week get me down, it's what it says on Tuesday mornings that really counts. But I weighed in at 156.3 this morning! I'm not updating any MFP stuff with this new weight. I'll wait and see what I weigh on Tuesday, but it felt so good to see the scale finally moving down again twice!

I am also really sore and stiff from my Shred last night. But I know it's good for me. I'm going to do it again today and try to make it a little bit further than I did last night (emphasis on little). If I don't, that's fine. I will at least make it to the same point I did last night.

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 198.5 lbs / PROGRESS -5 lbs

9 Days and counting. Here i come Mexican Riveria.
  • amypyr
    Options
    Pam - Whoo hoo!!! You go girl!! You're doing great!:flowerforyou:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Okay I am keeping up with the posts but still having a hard time making time for things, and right now the only thing i have time to say is:

KRISTIN THOSE PICS ARE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

<3 Y'al
    B
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options

treadmill.gif
    Hi Kristin, This is Motivation talking. Good morning. Sorry I haven't been around much. Got a little distracted by Maybe Later. I tell you, she always gets in the way of things. But you and me, we are going to get on the treadmill tonight. We refuse to let the rain get us down. Hey, I'll be happy with maybe 20 minutes. But if you really think we should do more, then I guess I'll keep up with you. Just don't leave me behind. See you tonight.

Lorna - you are too funny!! I'm printing this out and taping it to my forehead. Love the treadmill smiley!!
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Cathy - How are you liking the new treadmill? Feeling guilty because I haven't gotten on mine in a month. Don't sweat that 6/10 of a pound. You have done so great with your new training program. I've really been wanting to try some kettle bells. I hope your hamstring feels better soon.

Rhiannon - It sounds like the yoga has set you on the right path. 4.2 pounds - wow!! Great job.

Lorna - 4 pounds! Way to go!!

Kristin - Me too - bad food choices and no exercise. My motivation is up and down like a roller coaster these days. Love the pictures - Kadence is adorable!

Heidi - Welcome to the group! Great job on the exercise!!

Lauryn - Fantastic!! You lost 2 pounds AND joined the gym. Way to go girl! Lovin' that you are bursting with sunshine and happiness. It helps when the weather is nice! Cold here but at least it isn't raining today (like it did the last 2 days). Have I mentioned I live in the desert - crazy weather. I'm sorry you've got an injury - isn't that the way it always goes. Motivation is up then - bam injury. Take it easy - start back with easy exercise like walking. Don't push it.

Verda - I'm sorry you're having struggles with your thyroid. My stepdaughter has hypothyroidism. She went to a new doctor to try to get her meds right. Two weeks on the new med and she feels even worse and has now gained another 20 lbs. She is just miserable. It's a helpless feeling to not have control over your body - especially when you are doing everything right. I hope it gets better for you soon.

B - Hang in there!!

Tamm - I'm a procrastinator too! If I wasn't, I'd have probably lost weight by now. LOL Moving is so overwhelming. Remember to keep breathing, stay focused, and it'll be over soon enough. How exciting to move to a new place though! And top of all that you are STILL going to the gym. Great job!

Amylou - sorry about the gain and the test. It sounds like you have a lot of stress right now. Hang in there!

Kel - Poor doggie. That's just terrible! Some people are just so inconsiderate to not even stop and help that dog. It's nice that you were kind enough to stop and it sounds like Tony is a great guy. I hope today is A LOT better for you!

Amypyr - Way to go on the shred! I have that dvd and it makes me feel WAY out of shape too. I'm sticking to walking for a while. I have a Polar F6 HRM - it works great when I remember to put it on.

Lorna, Lauryn, Verda, Kristin, Rhiannon, Amypyr, Amy(pdxmom), Sandy, Pam, Ali - great job on the loses this week. If I missed someone, I'm sorry.