Are you the pretty FAT chick?

Options
Hey guys anyone try the Dukan Diet? I'm sorry but I'm online everyday at least 10-12 hrs.a day due to work so I may ask a million questions and have a million and 1 different topic post. Hope I'm not getting on anyone nerves. I'm just really trying to stay focus on getting this weight off. I'm really looking for something that works for me. Not a quick fix, just something that works besides counting calories. Not saying anything is wrong with counting calories. I'm 4 months into counting calories. I have an office job so I'm sitting a whole lot.
I want to do the lapband but I'm scared. Ive thought about juicing ..eww I have a weak stomach, I think I may vomit. Fasting I have tried but afterwards not a whole lot difference. Diet pills you name it and I've tried it. Exercise, yoga, gym, Pilate's yep tried that too.
Eating one big meal a day or 5-6 small ones tried it. No bread, rice, sodas etc. Yep tried that too! What about just straight fish veggies and water?

Suggest something please ..and Thank You I'm really tired of being the cute or pretty FAT chick.

P.S. Please don't leave any negative comments..if you don't have anything nice to say Please move on and say nothing at all.

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    How about eat a bit less, move a bit more and the weight drops off. Worked for me.
  • foodmuscle
    Options
    "Not a quick fix, just something that works besides counting calories. Not saying anything is wrong with counting calories."

Count 'em.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I find that the best thing is a lifestyle change. Portion control, learning to maintain a balanced of nutrients and working out regularly are the only way to go. Quick fixes usually have fleeting results. Eat at deficit and keep chuggin. It takes longer, but it also lasts longer. :smile:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    . Not saying anything is wrong with counting calories.

Then what's the problem?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit, FTW!
  • foodmuscle
    Options
    How long did you try all that stuff for? A week? a month? This fitness stuff takes time. It can take an entire summer to lose 12 pounds. Thats the reality. Dont believe those supermarket magazines that say "lose 20 pounds in 6 weeks! " They aren telling you the truth. Exercise hard, eat less calories than you expend, and you will start to see improvements. This could take months or weeks depending on how many calories you burn. You HAVE to eat enough food. Put energy into your body by eating and burn it off by exercising and you will maintain your current weight.

Put less energy (calories are just units of energy) into your body than you burn off and that is how weight is lost. But dont think you can starve yourself and get away with it. Start at 1300-1400 calories or even more....eat so you can fuel your workouts.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've been on the search for a magic bullet.

Unfortunately, it doesn't exist.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    How about eat a bit less, move a bit more and the weight drops off. Worked for me.

Different strokes for different folks. You look amazing btw
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Looks like you've been on the search for a magic bullet.

Unfortunately, it doesn't exist.

Nope didn't find magic at the gym or track
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    P.S. Please don't leave any negative comments..if you don't have anything nice to say Please move on and say nothing at all.

So you don't want advice from people who've counted calories and lost weight?

And by "nice", do you mean people who will validate your search for a magic potion? Sorry, but it doesn't exist.

Newsflash: the lap band won't do it for you. You'll still have to count calories.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    I know a guy that tried the Dukan diet , he lost a bit first up , then nothing really, and put more back on.
    I think you have to consider Nutrition as well as calories.
    some folk think they can eat 1200 cal worth of crap and lose weight, but really it gets back to healthy choices not just calories,
    you should eat fruit , veg, good protein,
    forget slipping in a chocolate bar because you did a bit of walking,
    just thought I would say that ....
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    "Not a quick fix, just something that works besides counting calories. Not saying anything is wrong with counting calories."

Count 'em.

I'm counting..Lol
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You're listening to a lot of noise. Reading your post was like a cacophony. You need to tune it out. Counting calories will work. A small deficit and some patience are all you need. You don't need to make radical changes- just eat less than what is keeping you at your current weight. Count the calories.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

So you don't want advice from people who've counted calories and lost weight?

And by "nice", do you mean people who will validate your search for a magic potion? Sorry, but it doesn't exist.

Newsflash: the lap band won't do it for you. You'll still have to count calories.

I never said I didn't want to count calories..I'm looking for new ideas to go along with the counting calories
  • rockingranny45
    rockingranny45 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try eating healthy and drink lots of water. Also don't diet try to make a lifestyle change. That's what has been working for me. I wish you luck.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    You're listening to a lot of noise. Reading your post was like a cacophony. You need to tune it out. Counting calories will work. A small deficit and some patience are all you need. You don't need to make radical changes- just eat less than what is keeping you at your current weight. Count the calories.

Thanks..I am counting calories
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Try eating healthy and drink lots of water. Also don't diet try to make a lifestyle change. That's what has been working for me. I wish you luck.

Thank you sooo much. Yes I try to remember to say healthy eating
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Check out a book called "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. He advocates eating all you want of the right foods. Eating more nutrient dense foods instead of eating more calorie dense foods. His plan just makes sense to me. Maybe it will work for you.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Different strokes for different folks. You look amazing btw
    No, it's not different strokes for different folks.

Unless you have a medical condition that prevents/inhibits weightloss, anyone and everyone can lose weight via a calorie deficit.

If you think you might have a medical reason that is preventing you from losing weight, see your doctor. But if your ticker is correct, and you have lost 14 lbs since October, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you don't.