Do any of you do apple cider vinegar to aid weight loss?

Options
A friend in one of my groups does two tablespoons three times a day and swears by it, does anyone else do this? How does it help? I could google it but I'd rather hear from people that do it.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar to help clean up pee-pee stains caused by my cats and dog.

For weight loss, I swear by eating a well balanced reduced calorie diet and exercise. No gimmicky fads required.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't aid weight loss. But it's good to add to crock pot pulled pork.
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    it helps me with my digestion. I also use it as a facial cleanser, as a salad dressing and on my tuna.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Mmmm...that sounds tasty!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I never heard of it up until now. I looked it up, and from what I read, it seems to prolong the feeling of fullness after eating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider_vinegar

Might be worth a shot.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You can also use it as a conditioner for your hair.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No, a calorie deficit and exercise worked for me.
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Heard of that but never tried it...it's great for dandruff treatment though...I spray some on my scalp about 30 minutes before washing my hair :smile:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    apple cider vinger does EVERYTHING... or so the internet tells me
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I always prefer opinions and anecdotal experience to research, too.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If I forget about a load of laundry I'll put a little apple cider vinegar in the wash to get the stinky smell out.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Me too. I wish grocers would divide their sections accordingly. Dr. Oz sponsored crap, isles 1-10; validated and independently-backed goods, everywhere else.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Me too. I wish grocers would divide their sections accordingly. Dr. Oz sponsored crap, isles 1-10; validated and independently-backed goods, everywhere else.

Sometimes when I walk into a GNC-type store (which is very rarely), I visualize what it would look like if all the bull**** products were removed. I guess it would look like the last day of a going-out-of-business sale, with just a few products scattered on mostly empty shelves.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I cook with it showing up in recipes occasionally, like...every three months or so....

I also have lost 146 pounds...

I don't know where the correlation in those two points are...

but i'm sure someone can find it....

right?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Correct on both counts! Mmmmm, pulled pork with vinegar!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    The impact of acetic acid on weight gain/loss and feelings of satiety is an active area of scientific research. There isn't any compelling, conclusive data that indicates you will have positive results. As folks have noted, the only thing that will really make a difference is burning more calories than you eat. It's not sexy but it's true.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar to help clean up pee-pee stains caused by my cats and dog.

Wow! Who would have thought! Will definately be trying this one. My dog doesnt like going in the garden when its wet and cold so has had a few "accidents" lately.
  • kimandgarybolton
    kimandgarybolton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my brother is en route to becoming a qualified homeopath and swears by this for many things including aiding digestion
    Kim x
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's great if you want an esphogeal ulcer and heartburn.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options

For weight loss, I swear by eating a well balanced reduced calorie diet and exercise. No gimmicky fads required.

^^^^ this

but apple cider vinegar is great for lower calorie salad dressings and cooking generally