Do any of you do apple cider vinegar to aid weight loss?

Options

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    This fad started up in the 70's and rolls back around every 10-15 years. It didn't work then, it doesn't work now.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar to help clean up pee-pee stains caused by my cats and dog.

For weight loss, I swear by eating a well balanced reduced calorie diet and exercise. No gimmicky fads required.

This.

But it does aid digestion.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    my brother is en route to becoming a qualified homeopath and swears by this for many things including aiding digestion
    Kim x

Well I can imagine that pouring acid in your digestive acid might well aid digestion.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Tried it pre-MFP, it works better as an additive to my salad dressing.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I always prefer opinions and anecdotal experience to research, too.
    Me too. I wish grocers would divide their sections accordingly. Dr. Oz sponsored crap, isles 1-10; validated and independently-backed goods, everywhere else.

Sometimes when I walk into a GNC-type store (which is very rarely), I visualize what it would look like if all the bull**** products were removed. I guess it would look like the last day of a going-out-of-business sale, with just a few products scattered on mostly empty shelves.

I wish there was a like button.
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks. I had just heard that a few said it helped, I didn't say I was so ignorant as to think perhaps it was an alternative to exercise and good diet. I simply was wondering if I knew a few people already that did it perhaps more did as well and there was really something to it. I wanted experience from people who HAD tried it. Once again, people just love to be snarky for NO forseeably helpful reason other than to feel good about themselves. Thanks to those that gave just plain old positive input :)
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I always prefer opinions and anecdotal experience to research, too.
    Me too. I wish grocers would divide their sections accordingly. Dr. Oz sponsored crap, isles 1-10; validated and independently-backed goods, everywhere else.

Sometimes when I walk into a GNC-type store (which is very rarely), I visualize what it would look like if all the bull**** products were removed. I guess it would look like the last day of a going-out-of-business sale, with just a few products scattered on mostly empty shelves.
    ^^^ Bravo, great assumption!
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it for weight loss and most likely wouldn't but I have had gall bladder troubles in the past and sometimes take a shot of vinegar straight to help with that. It works for me.
  • marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A friend in one of my groups does two tablespoons three times a day and swears by it, does anyone else do this? How does it help? I could google it but I'd rather hear from people that do it.

i heard of this too and that it helps you flatten your stomach. i dont drink it and woudnt be able too but i drown my salad in vinegar lol
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    my brother is en route to becoming a qualified homeopath and swears by this for many things including aiding digestion
    Kim x
    Speaking of "crocks" and apple cider vinegar...
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I use it for nausea, dandruff, sore throats & pulled pork but not weight loss.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks. I had just heard that a few said it helped, I didn't say I was so ignorant as to think perhaps it was an alternative to exercise and good diet. I simply was wondering if I knew a few people already that did it perhaps more did as well and there was really something to it. I wanted experience from people who HAD tried it. Once again, people just love to be snarky for NO forseeably helpful reason other than to feel good about themselves. Thanks to those that gave just plain old positive input :)

I couldn't agree with you more. Don't let them bother you. They're generally people who have had some success and thus believe they're the bible on weight loss. It's simple arrogance. They also get there kicks from getting a ton of "lol's" from complete strangers on the internet with equally unimpressive credibility.

They should make a forum called "I Enjoy Making Unhelpful Snarky Comments b/c My Life is Just that Lame." That would at least give them something better to do so they would stop interfering with people who genuinely need some guidance.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time in BBQ sauce.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It does nothing. HOWEVER, a little vinegar adds zing to a lot of foods that would otherwise need more fat and salt to be palatable. Try adding a little to soup or stew just before eating, on cooked greens, chicken... it's great!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to suppress hunger I think... I tried it when my eating got out of control when I my insomnia got so severe I didn't sleep for many days on end and I didn't think it worked at all.

Honestly the best combo is healthy and sustainable diet, sleep and exercise.
  • misshaylynn
    misshaylynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When I was sick I drank 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (make sure you get the one with "the mother") mixed with 1 tbsp honey and 1 cup of hot water. It really helped clear up my cough and sore throat. I've also heard it helps with digestion and acne. Hope this helps! :)
  • realdog2usa
    realdog2usa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If it's on the internet it must be true. I heard they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true! And I'll be going out with my French model later today, I met her on the internet! Bon Jour! :)

Do your research... inquiring minds want to know, Right!

24731816.png
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out about cider vinegar being acidic. It is good for digestion and probably doesn't harm most people (maybe if you're already prone to ulcers?). Especially since it's about a 4.6 on the pH scale, which is fairly weak for an acid. Don't knock OP for asking, either. I've heard that it assists in satiety, but I'm not going to just throw it into my diet without proof.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...They should make a forum called "I Enjoy Making Unhelpful Snarky Comments b/c My Life is Just that Lame." That would at least give them something better to do so they would stop interfering with people who genuinely need some guidance.
    While they're at it, they should make a forum called "I'm Looking For a Magic Pill Because I Don't Want To Put Any Effort Into Losing Weight". Then everybody who wants to can go there and discuss apple cider vinegar, raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract, african mango, cleanses, detoxes and all the other worthless, ineffective diet scams.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I rinse my hair with it, it's great for shine and condition.... I don't imagine it seriously helps with weight loss.