motivated by pants

Options

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I have a pair hanging from my closet door right now that I hope to fit in very soon. I suppose they motivate me, not more than other things I suppose, but I do really want to wear these pants!
  • wvtrap
    wvtrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My goals started with a pair of swimming trunks i bought 3 years ago that are a size 38. i was a size 42-44 and ended up at a 46 before getting started. I'm on track now and should comfortably be wearing them for summer.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    For me its not just one pair of pants, but there's one store that I'd like to be able to shop from. As of right now, they don't even make jeans in my size (by a few sizes). When I can fit into their jeans comfortably I'll have hit a HUGE mile stone.
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Yep... a pair of white skinny jeans that fit me 3 months ago!
  • moostrodamus
    Options
    I'll give it a day and see if anyone has any other ideas too...maybe we could just be the "Motivated by Pants" group...lets see. Either way yall get a invite.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    Good idea. I was motivated by an upcoming vacation that cost me too much money and involved a bathing suit.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I have a really old pair of jeans that I'm dying to fit in again. I can almost button them sans-muffin top so, yay!

They're way out of fashion and 10 years old, but I'm wearing them anyway when I can.
  • DynamitePink
    DynamitePink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I just bought a pair of 28 jeans! My goal is 26! This summer I'm going to wear 26 white skinny jeans!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My once very tight, muffin top falling out pants are now baggy and I need a belt!
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    PANTS. YES.

This past summer, I purchased a pair of jeans that I had been lusting after forever. They were on sale and I got them wonderfully cheap, but the largest size the store had in stock in the hue that I wanted is a size smaller than I have been in a number of years. I want to wear these pants SO BAD.

I'm also motivated by a LBD that I also purchased on sale quite some time ago. I can fit into it, but it doesn't look good. My old roommates call this my "hoe dress", so you might imagine that it shows a lot of skin. I can't wait to slip into it without a stray lump or bump and go to a club.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of old pink ice jeans that I very much want to fit into again, that would be a goal completed when I get there (they are size 7...)
  • Ansie13
    Ansie13 Posts: 86
    Options
    haha yes!! all my old jeans i used to fit into :)
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    When I had to buy 44s, I decided it was TIME.
    Wore them once before giving them to the Salvation Army.
    I'm wearing 36s today and have two pair of 35s.
    I put on my 'big' belt the other day, just to see ....
    The end of it goes past the side seam, almost even with my hip pocket!
    -:)
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    I had a pair of really cool light weight green pants my aunt gave me years ago that I kept around just because I thought they were so pretty and hip. I couldn't even get them over my hips. I would take them out once in a while and hang them on a chair near the fridge, but still never stopped me from eating too much. Joined MFP last Jan. Lost 60 lbs by Aug and the pants are now huge on me. Was pretty sad when I had to give them away. But was fun to fit into them for a month or so.
  • lilicov81
    Options
    I keep on a pair of the " pre-kids" jeans too...lol...I hope to fit back in them soon
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Gotta tell this pants story:
    Last spring, my wife asked me to help her pot some plants.
    I put on my crappy shorts so my new ones wouldn't get soiled.
    Yeah, these yard-work shorts were baggy, but they'd be suitable for the task at hand.
    I filled a large pot with potting soil and carried it from the patio to where my wife was working.
    Didn't quite make the whole trip.
    I'd walked about halfway when I felt my waistband sliding lower and lower with each step.
    After about three more steps, it was "pants on the ground."
    Yes, we have a privacy fence, thank goodness.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Um yes :)!

When I staretd MFP I had a pair of size M yoga pants that were my "goal" pants! I started out at a 18/16 pant sizes and to date I have a pile of jeans ranging from size 22-18-16-14-12 lol... I am currently eye balling a size 8 at the store and skipping the 10s since They are already to loose on the legs... So yes! pants motivate me in a lot of different ways. If I am having a bad day and feeling down about not losing any weight I pull out my starting pants (size 22) and that shuts me up :)!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't measure anything just weigh in...i have some 32inch waist jeans that i figure if i can get into them and not have anything hanging over I'll have reached my goal.

Anyone else motivated by pants?

I'm motivated by pants! My waist is 10 inches larger than yours, so I have a while before I can wear normal people pants. :laugh:
  • moostrodamus
    Options
    There is now a group "Motivated by Pants"...i have no idea what i'm doing starting a group so anyone know something about groups want to help let me know.

I tried to invite a mess of people, don't know if it worked...otherwise just go join...mebbe post a picture of your "dream pants".

Also...i will make a logo with blue jeans instead of yoga pants if that makes more sense to one other person.

:)
  • moostrodamus
    Options
    hehe good one!