Support from Singles

Options
Hey everyone! I know the challenges we all face are different but as a single young professional sometimes I find myself really wishing I had a few more friends on here that were in the same circumstances....

Not to say I would reject a request from anyone! the more the merrier!

But none the less would love to get in touch with those who are facing the world of losing weight, dating, and working as an early careerist etc.

I log every day and love the community that MFP provides! Can't wait to hear from you!!!!

Replies

• oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i wish i had time to date!

i've been on a few, and they've all been disasters. i'm also a bit of a workaholic (2 jobs, 60 hours a week, plus i'm a volunteer), so i've decided to just focus on me. if mr. right walks in, that's great. but i'm not looking for him...

this is my time :)

proud to be your single buddy :)
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    Add me, I'm single! Currently on match, have date on Thursday and currently 2 lined up for Friday, just haven't decided which one to go on yet hahaha
  • tris57
    tris57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Single young professional here too. Feel free to add.
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've gone on a few dates lately but honestly just have not prioritized it as worth my time... I've taken on a couple volunteer positions recently now that I don't work 3 jobs and go to school haha and I'm looking forward to traveling while still making sure I schedule 1-1 1/2 hrs each day for exercise... But I'm def learning to be happy with these choices!
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Well Im single, and I work....don't quite fit into the young bracket anymore :sad: but I don't feel any different from when I was in my 20's! Feel free to add....
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am a single mother of two. I have a full time job. I would love to be your single friend. Feel free to add.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Single here...feel free to add me. It is tough to prioritize it all, but it's possible :)
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yup, single 27 year old shop manager with very little time to date! Haha!
    So I basically need to find a fit man for gym dates!
    :drinker:
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    There is a singles group on here. It's not very active but you all could help change that :-)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm single! Currently on match, have date on Thursday and currently 2 lined up for Friday, just haven't decided which one to go on yet hahaha

why choose ? :)
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of posting the exact same thread!
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options

why choose ? :)

Haha, good point
  • speedgoose
    Options
    Hello hello! I am a young professional as well. I am single as in not married, but have a bf......but I want to be your friend still! =)
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Single here...feel free to add me anyone, I still think I'm young but I'll be 44 on Sunday!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i wish i had time to date!

i've been on a few, and they've all been disasters. i'm also a bit of a workaholic (2 jobs, 60 hours a week, plus i'm a volunteer), so i've decided to just focus on me. if mr. right walks in, that's great. but i'm not looking for him...

this is my time :)

proud to be your single buddy :)

I was just thinking this last night!!! Who has time to date???? I think that some people think that I'm being selfish with my time right now, but for the first time I'm putting ME first to better myself. Yes, I'd like to date and find someone, but right now is about ME!

PS Feel free to add me! :)
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 26 yr old professional in NYC. Trying to date, but finding it hard to wade through the fake people. I feel like this journey is going to give me confidence in myself, and hopefully will attract more positive people!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Single and working. I've always put my professional goals above everything else, but as of late I've grown bored always being by myself. That's one reason I like MFP...so many people!
  • timpaulding
    timpaulding Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just got out of a 5 year relationship so now its time to do something for myself. Feel free to add me anyone.