Jillian Michaels dvds??

Options
2»

Replies

• denise8986
    denise8986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If using Jillian Michaels dvd, how does everyone record that here in MFP??
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have:

30 Day Shred (completed the first time through is in December)
    Ripped In 30 (currently on Week 3, day 5)
    6 Week 6 Pack
    Yoga Meltdown (tried this a while back, but wasn't mentally ready to commit. Going to give it another go)
    Shred It with Weights (borrowed this from my friend, but I don't have a kettleball, so probably won't get to it)

I plan on borrowing Total Body Revolution from my friend as well...but will see as I am planning on starting the NROL4W workouts in February.

I do love Jillian Michaels though.

For the poster who asked, I log 30 Day Shred/Ripped In 30 as circuit training, and wear my HRM to get a rough idea of my cals.
  • denise8986
    denise8986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting my know how you log the dvd
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Cardio - circuit training ..... pretty much all the same (I can't stand her) ..... different strokes ....
  • gabby840
    gabby840 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have No More Trouble Zones and 30 Day Shred -- both are VERY effective if you go all-in (like most exercise routines). I personally LOVE 30 Day Shred but I CAN'T STAND Jillian Michaels as an instructor. Maybe it's her VOICE, maybe it's my annoyance that her presence in the video is spent almost entirely walking around looking awesome and not-sweaty showing me how her model buddies are doing an exercise in two different ways while I'm figuring out if I'm doing it right at all? MAAYYYYBE (ok, most likely) it's just me mad when everything of mine hurts and I know I have to do it for another 29, 21, 17, etc days just to start over and do it again? lol I usually listen to tunes and mute her out which saves me some frustration. :) Fantastic workout, though!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have No More Trouble Zones and 30 Day Shred -- both are VERY effective if you go all-in (like most exercise routines). I personally LOVE 30 Day Shred but I CAN'T STAND Jillian Michaels as an instructor. Maybe it's her VOICE, maybe it's my annoyance that her presence in the video is spent almost entirely walking around looking awesome and not-sweaty showing me how her model buddies are doing an exercise in two different ways while I'm figuring out if I'm doing it right at all? MAAYYYYBE (ok, most likely) it's just me mad when everything of mine hurts and I know I have to do it for another 29, 21, 17, etc days just to start over and do it again? lol I usually listen to tunes and mute her out which saves me some frustration. :) Fantastic workout, though!

The are thousands of exercise videos out there ..... you don't have to "settle" for muting the sound. Try renting videos from the library, or Netflix rental has a good selection.

Kelly Coffey Meyer is one of my favorite instructors ..... she DOES the workout with you, & doesn't talk down to you ... not syrupy sweet either (I hate that) .

collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com are a couple of websites that specialize in fitness videos. You get video clips & reviews.
  • crystalep13
    crystalep13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just watch the videos on youtube.. Im on the BIG DAY 2 ... 30 day shred
  • chtownsend
    Options
    Love, love, love Jillian Michaels! So far haven't found a bad DVD yet. I have the 30 day shred, burn fat boost metabolism, trouble zones, a few of the biggest loser ones, and I just added the 6 week six pack. I'll let you know how that one goes. Good luck!

PS I love pugs and you are welcome to add me as a friend ; )
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options

I have a heart rate monitor that tracks my calories, so I just use that. If you don't have one, I HIGHLY recommend it!
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i love jillian michaels dvds! i'm currently doing 30 day shred, and i like that its pretty short because the days where i feel super lazy and don't want to exercise i just think '25 minutes, and i'll be done!' also, the workout its pretty much as difficult as you want it to be. the moves are pretty hard (level 2 anyway..) & if you push yourself, you'll get an awesome workout in. from the first 10 days i lost about 1.5lbs and around 5inches. it may not seem much, but its the only workout where i've really been able to see physical changes in my body in such a short period of time. but i also add in extra cardio as well (walking, running, HIIT, elliptical)
  • Cellothere00
    Options
    They are fantastic and really difficult in the beginning.. and they burn A LOT of calories!
  • ahansohn
    Options
    I did yoga meltdown for the first time, and jillian kicked my *kitten*. I got 30 day shred too, just because the dvds push me.

For logging, i have found that 30 mins level one is about 300 calories including warm up and cool down. I'm 5'5" and 194 lbs. If anyone has the same general height and weight, you can log that under 'My Exercises'.
  • kolais
    kolais Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose 30lbs?
  • purplebohemian
    Options
    I've got several of her DVDs but I haven't been using them lately (I should start using them again). I have a love/hate relationship with them. I usually end up swearing at the tv while I work out to them, but I always feel so good and proud of myself after I get done with them. :) I love her DVDs and her attitude.

If you are still debating as to whether you want to get her DVDs, I suggest you check them out from your local library. But I bet you will end up buying them!