Struggling to eat more than 1500 calories daily

Options
2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Also, is there a reason you are trying to get to about 98-100lbs? Have you thought about including weight training into your exercise routine and aiming for a bodyfat % instead of of a goal weight?
    I missed this. Where did she say this?

I too have missed where you have got this from? If its anywhere on my profile - i created this account a long time ago and recently over the past few weeks I have started to use this. Mainly to fix up my eating habits first. And yes I have been weight training..

Sorry yes. I was looking at your profile and I apologize. Miscalculated. I took the weight you were trying to lose total and not the 3kg..my bad! Is that still your goal?

Well I don't really have a goal weight as I know muscle weighs more than fat so since I have started weight training I rarely weigh myself.

Just been doing a lot of reading - my main goal is to have nice abs (!! Don't we all) so I started this journey in the kitchen which is why I wanted advice about my eating!

Well, as others have said, definitely look at foods that are higher in calorie. Things like peanut butter, milk, etc. Don't be afraid to eat these. Also, you said you were worried about eating too much protein. Don't be. In fact, too little protein can cause edema, hair loss/thinning, trigger depression and some other things. Check your macros.

For info about your macros (proteins/fats/carbs) - check out this link. It will give you the formula to figure out your #s and also how to custom change them in MFP:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

For more information about fitness and nutrition, I highly suggest checking out and joining this group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

Read all the stickies. It's great information to know.
  • Annewx
    Annewx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also, is there a reason you are trying to get to about 98-100lbs? Have you thought about including weight training into your exercise routine and aiming for a bodyfat % instead of of a goal weight?

I too have missed where you have got this from? If its anywhere on my profile - i created this account a long time ago and recently over the past few weeks I have started to use this. Mainly to fix up my eating habits first. And yes I have been weight training..

Sorry yes. I was looking at your profile and I apologize. Miscalculated. I took the weight you were trying to lose total and not the 3kg..my bad! Is that still your goal?

Well I don't really have a goal weight as I know muscle weighs more than fat so since I have started weight training I rarely weigh myself.

Just been doing a lot of reading - my main goal is to have nice abs (!! Don't we all) so I started this journey in the kitchen which is why I wanted advice about my eating!

Well, as others have said, definitely look at foods that are higher in calorie. Things like peanut butter, milk, etc. Don't be afraid to eat these. Also, you said you were worried about eating too much protein. Don't be. In fact, too little protein can cause edema, hair loss/thinning, trigger depression and some other things. Check your macros.

For info about your macros (proteins/fats/carbs) - check out this link. It will give you the formula to figure out your #s and also how to custom change them in MFP:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

For more information about fitness and nutrition, I highly suggest checking out and joining this group:

Thank you, will look into them! I guess I just need to eat full fat foods rather than light etc. although I'm just using up what's already in my fridge at the moment with the light salad cream etc.

Thank you :-)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Thank you, will look into them! I guess I just need to eat full fat foods rather than light etc. although I'm just using up what's already in my fridge at the moment with the light salad cream etc.

Thank you :-)

Oh, I feel you on that..hahaha. I'm just starting on that - "haven't been to the store so let's pull out the hidden leftovers" stage..hehehe.