c25k

Options
13»

Replies

• Noelle11hf
    Noelle11hf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I ran for 20 whole minutes yesterday for the end of week 5! I'm not going to say I loved it, but I did it haha. How's everyone else doing?
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Noelle wow that is wonderful 20 mints to me that sound like ruining a small marathon even tho it isn't. I am starting week four and I am so nervous about it. week 2 and 3 has taken me longer then the 3 days they say it should. But I will not quite I am going to run my 5k in July somehow.
  • Noelle11hf
    Options
    Good job, Nancy! You can totally do it by your July 5k. Keep it up!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Well did my c25k today 1st time in a week due to being sick. Before I got sick I was going to start week 4 but today I did week 2. It went gr8 tuesday will do week 3 and see how that gose. Want to get back to week 4 A.S.A.P. My legs are just killing me tonight. Hope every one is doing in there c25k plase do tell.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    I did day one week 4 today and I made it thur all 4 runs I am a slow runner I usely fun at 3.5 but to day I did 3.1 but I care as long as I made it thur I can work on speed latter on.

How is every one doing let me know.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Just noticed this thread and wanted to add my encouragement: well done all of you! I started two years ago this July with the C25K program. It kicked my bum, but I stuck to it! Now I've done three half marathons and am training for my first marathon this July. Stick with the plan because it works!

Run on!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Be careful not to work your legs too hard in addition to the running. I was getting some killer leg cramps when trying to do aerobics on my off days from running. My calves were rock hard and swollen. I work other muscle groups on the days I don't run.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    I usely do elliptical on my off days of running and yoga one day a week I also work my abs every other day to. Like I said before I don't care how slow I run I can work on speed latter or if a week takes longer I just want to run my first 5 k. As far as more well see about that after I get done with my 1 st one.
  • Noelle11hf
    Options
    I ran my 5k on Saturday, and I was not dead at the end of it! It was really fun, and I already signed up for another one. The program definitely works. Anyone else getting close?
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Noelle way to go on your 5k was it easier then the last time you ran a 5k? When is your next 5k? Today I did week 4 day one and it went good made it threw all 3 5 mint runs Wednesday will be my 2 8 mint runs and we will see how it goes I am a little nervous.
    How is every one doing?
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Okay I am nervous about today work out I have been doing the c25k program and well tomorrow is my first 20 min run and my first run where I don't have walking time during the run. Maybe I am making it out to be a much bigger deal in my
    mind then it is. I just can't believe I am running for any amount of time never would have image that I could do this at all. Well talk with you all latter.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    I did it ran 20 min stright not the fastest started out with an incline but that didn't last and like I said it was slow only a 3.3 at the end. But I ran it.