IS IT NECESSARY TO WATCH YOUR MACROS IN ORDER TO LOSE WEIGHT

Options
13»

Replies

• BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It was my experience that watching calories resulted in a natural reduction of carbs and fat because I like bigger portions and low-cal big portions usually involve lots of veggies. But this also resulted in sub optimal protein levels. So like others I do watch protein now, especially since I'm trying to tone. Other than that I attempt to reduce sodium but usually fail.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not necessary to lose weight. If you're trying to achieve other goals, perhaps.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just watch calories in and out, trying to get close to my net goal ea. day. While I'm at it, I try to get most -- certainly not all -- of my calories from reasonably healthy food. And I don't mean I sit here eating carots and beans all day. :tongue:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No it is not necessary.

But, there are benefits, and MFP tracks it automatically, so it doesn't make sense to me to NOT track it.

This ^^ . If you are going to take the time to input all your food, why not see the whole picture? I wouldn't obsess over it, but it is nice information to have.

^^ Definitely

I make a conscious effort to get enough protein and stay under 2000 calories, but I get plenty of fat and carbs without trying.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Not to lose weight, but I think it is important to follow a balanced diet for life.