I'm desperate

Options
13»

Replies

• monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    have you ever thought about weight loss surgery?

Yes take the easy and dangerous way out. What a fantastic suggestion! Why learn how to eat better and exercise and live a healthier life when you can get your stomach cut in half!

I would not go the weight loss surgery route. I would eat healthy and exercise

i'll respectfully agree to disagree with you on the "easy way out" comment. i run 15 - 20 k a week, and eat a healthy diet. After having weight loss surgery.
  • rich66
    rich66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nikki,
    I hear ya. I have the same problems and even when I lose the weight, I have a tendency to put it back on and I get depressed agai.

The MyFitnessPal website seems to be perfect for me and the friends support is extremely helpful.

Don't give up, take it one day at a time and it will work for you. If you need more support, feel free to ask.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Rich66
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I will be forty in 2 months and my blood pressure is extremely high. I am 80lbs overweight, I take 5 pills a day, and I feel sluggish on most days. My physician informed me that the only way I can overcome my problem is to loss the weight. I have been struggling with my weight for about 19yrs. I have always said this is the year to do it, but I never hold up to it. I have been to WW about 10 times, took diet pills, Quick weight Loss Centers,etc. I need this to work for me so I AM "SCREAMING" out for help/support. If anyone have suggestions please share them with me. Thank you all in advance and congratulations to those who have stayed on track!!!!
    Desire and commitment are 2 different things. If you're committed to something, you do it come hell or high water. You're not committed and until you totally do it, you'll just do a little here, do a little there until some event that causes a health issue (like a heart attack) forces you to commit. There's really no other way to put it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Surgery DOESN'T teach one how to control weight. It addresses a symptom, not the problem.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I would recommend going to a nutritionist to have them help you come up with a weight loss plan that will fit your individual needs. After that, you can get support from the people at this forum to keep on track.
    Actually a dietician would be a better choice. Nutritionist's don't need licenses.

IDEA Fitness member
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Set your diary to lose 1 pound a week and eat back your exercise calories. Slow and steady wins the race :) A moderate calorie deficit will make it easier to stick with it long term. Allow yourself to have the occasional treats just make sure it fits within your calorie goals, if you don't feel deprived of things you love to eat you'll be less likely to quit.

This is great advice. It is exactly what i am doing. I'm starting my third week and i'm losing and eating way more than when i did other diets that were so restrictive that i'd gain all my weight back because i was burned out on such a strict plan.

With being set to lose one pound a week.. i can eat 1650 calories a day..and when i work out..i get to eat another 710. I have fun putting snacks and meals together..and I always have plenty to eat. It really works.

Just get started and keep logging and trying..this is also way easier than WW ..when i did that once i was so darned hungry i thought i'd kill myself.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Surgery DOESN'T teach one how to control weight. It addresses a symptom, not the problem.

IDEA Fitness member

You are absolutely correct. So many people don't understand that. I'm glad that i'm working on all aspects of the problem, but the surgery sure was a big help for me.
  • Nikkidreamz
    Nikkidreamz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank for all of your encouraging words. I appreciate the steps I will go far with all of my support. Thanks
  • djseacow
    Options
    Honestly, My buddy was overweight (over 100 lbs) and she did Insanity with me (took two cycles) and she is as halthy as a horse now. The only issue was she needed motivation to not quit due to how she sturggled through the first session