Success with 2,000 calories?

Options

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You can't eat thousands and thousands of calories everyday and expect to lose weight
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do the best and lose at a steadier rate when I eat between 2000-2400 cals (based on my activity.) If I eat anything below that my weight loss immediately stalls and sometimes I gain. I have had success with eating a larger amount of calories. I do cardio 3-5 times a week and my burns are anywhere between 200-600 calories.

ETA: I have a binge eating problem as well and I find if I restrict myself too much I am much more likely to binge.
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    Your nutritionist/dietician, ostensibly, went to school and learned about what (s)he is talking about. And likely has experience in the field. Your friends likely didn't and don't. That's really all you need to know.

I like this answer - you don't see that much around here!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I easily eat 1800-2200 with regular activity. That's my total amount of calories though; your friends might be thinking in net numbers.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1900 and 2400 depending on activity.

Check my diary and lmk if you've got questions.

wow, you do look amazing!
  • chunkydunk714
    Options
    I lost all my weight eating 2000 cals on average. It was slow, but I never felt like I was on a "diet" so I was very happy with that. I also struggle with binges, and I can tell you that if I restrict myself too much, it always leads to a binge. I also worked out pretty much 7 days a week (just for full disclosure) with a combination of lifting and cardio. So my vote is to try it for a few months...you can always tweak as needed. :)

Freak ;) j/k! (i read ur profile)

You look awesome too!!
  • chunkydunk714
    Options
    Man, I feel really excited now....and love the support!

And yes, my dietician obviously went to school for this so that should mean something!

I feel SO SO SO much better now...thanks again everyone.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    When I got a personal trainer, he told me to up my calories to 2000-2100. This was scary, but I took a leap of faith. Most days I eat fewer calories than this, but usually pretty close to 2000 so I am never hungry. And I have been losing steadily since the end of July. I do work out or do cardio for about an hour 5-6 days per week but do not "eat back" exercise calories.
  • roguestates
    Options
    This is such an awesome thread for anyone who's struggling with low calorie allowances to see. Thanks, everyone!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I understand Im male but I started excersise 3-5 times a week running as my main and some pushups/core bodyweight resistance stuff nothing major mind you but some and ive lost almost 100lbs look at my pic the fat face pic was taken about 2 years before I started being more active and eating healthier. I shot for about 500 cal per meal with another 500 cal or so for snacks and such. Latley ive been eating a bit too much ice cream.

My intake today vaires between 2000-3000 calories. more just maintaining interested in lowering my BF but not real serious about it yet. Today I still run average 3-5 times a week 8 miles a shot and still do some core/pushup variations no real weight training yet.
  • CynthiaGetsFitClinard
    Options
    IMG_3093.JPG[img]2400 cals per day :)[/img]
  • CynthiaGetsFitClinard
    Options
    uggggh. why pics no post?!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I honestly think the best way to beat binges is to eat enough. Personally 2400kcal gross is about right to prevent me from getting too hungry and slowly lose weight. 2000kcal involves rather more will power :laugh:
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat anywhere between 1800-2500 calories and only hit the gym 3x a week.
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    I also eat 1900-2400 a day relative to my daily activity. If I am having a lazy day I eat less. The goal for me has been to improve the quality of my caloric intake. Really cutting out as much processed and synthetic foods and going for REAL simple (reading labels for the 'weird' stuff)....

Success (i.e Health and well-being) is a combo of quantity and quality.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Between the first two I was eating 2000 (lost 11lbs). The 3rd and 4th I was eating 3000 (gained 10lbs). The last few I was eating around 2300-2500 (maintained).

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/rachel6503/Graphic2_zpsab57d7ab.jpg
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat anywhere from 1800-2200 on average and have lost over 115lbs. so yea, it works. Of course i do work out 5-6 days a week doing strength training, circuit training, pitaiyo, and running. :)
  • chunkydunk714
    Options
    Check out the "eat more to lose weight" group. And Helloitsdan (a member) has something called a road map which helps you to understand why you actually do need around 2000 calories. I am 5'4" and currently eating 2000 calories, lifting weights and running, and doing great. Please understand you may gain a little at first (I really really want to urge you to go read everything on the EM2LW group) but it will all even out when your body's metabolism smooths out. There is a LOT of support in that group. I feel so much better eating at 2000 than I did at the 1200 MFP suggested; my basal metabolic rate is 1424 (that is explained, I promise) so I was essentially starving myself!

You'll be glad you did this. good luck!

searching!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I eat 1900-2200/day (and more in a month or so when my marathon training mileage ramps up) and am maintaining the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!