To old,

Options
13»

Replies

• serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I feel like i'm to old to be doing this every post i look at they are only young. 49 ;(

I am 41 years.
  • daliotard
    Options
    I am 52 and have to go on this weight loss journey once again. You are never too old!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    There's a fair chance you've got just as much time ahead of you as you've put behind you. There are also people here who are older than you (including me!).

Besides, when you're not shouting at them to get off your [metaphorical] lawn, the young whippersnappers hanging out on here might teach you a thing or three. :tongue:
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm 55. If you search the groups you will find that there several dedicated groups for people our age.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Well, you're not getting any younger ........ do you still want to feel this way (or worse) when you're older ?

Just start ....... baby steps work just fine :flowerforyou:
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Tons of older people on MFP! Course I am one of the younger ones at 56! It works when you work it and it takes what it takes. Yes, the weight is coming off slowly, but its coming off! I didn't have a weight issue before I was 36 (thought I did at 130 lbs...sigh). There are several motivated groups of amazing women who are in their wiser decades.

Yes, there are many posts by younger people who say they need to lose 15 lbs, blah blah. Just read the ones that you find pertinent and keep on logging your food. It will happen!

C
  • murphyannette
    Options
    I'm 50! and your never to old....you are still young at heart and so AM I! I would enjoy us being motivators for each other during this living a healthy lifestyle walk! And yes, it works when you work it!
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    50 :-) and just started running intervals on the treadmill. If I can do that anyone can!
    Honestly I think I'm in the best shape of my life (that I can remember.. haha).
    Go for it.
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    Never to old ...get it out of your head ! I am 41 today :)
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Your not too old at all x
  • dbower18
    dbower18 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    61 and I am a month into my third (forth?) round of P90X. I think of myself as a young man with some medical issues.
  • hamilton040
    hamilton040 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    over the last 42 months I have went from not being able to stand @560 lbs. to now being able to do pretty much what i want 311 lbs. lost and I am 42 years old so no age is just a number..... Best of Luck

That is amazing and really inspiring :) so Fantastic!!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 and a grandma - and just got serious about taking care of myself in July. I do not feel old in any sense....in fact, I think I feel younger with every workout and every healthy meal.
  • janiececreasy
    janiececreasy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    68 and kicking! lol