When do you eat most of your calories?

Options
I have noticed most of the time by 6:30 I still have over 900 calories to eat. (I have breakfast, work out, go to school, have something small on the way to work then work until 6:30) My calorie goal each day is 1230 I beleive, not adding in the calories I earn from working out.

Is it still heathy to eat this many calories at the end of my day?
It is hard to eat more before that because of my schedule.

Thanks!

Replies

• CottonSox005
    Options
    Do you not have lunch?
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat them.

My day is similar. I don't eat breakfast, have a light lunch (typically 250-300 cals), then the rest of my cals at dinner time. On a big workout day, it can be a lot. I like it that way so I can have a decent dinner and not feel like I've been depriving myself.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do have lunch, its just usually quick. I am vegetarian so the choices for me to grab and go that are healthy on the way to work are limited. I usually have crackers and an apple, or salad or something like that (that I don't need to have the time to cook it)
  • groversa
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat them.

My day is similar. I don't eat breakfast, have a light lunch (typically 250-300 cals), then the rest of my cals at dinner time. On a big workout day, it can be a lot. I like it that way so I can have a decent dinner and not feel like I've been depriving myself.

I feel like that too, I feel like I like to have dinner as my "biggest" meal, after school and work and everything.
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You have breakfast...that is great and can splurge a little more as have whole day to work it. Sounds like you grab a quick bite as lunch but not much? Personally, I don't think 7 pm eating is so much an issue, but maybe try to find some healthy snacks to have between lunch and end of work to keep metabolism stoked. BTW, have you tried sardines? Great lunch item, but have some mouthwash and a remote trash can for container available.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I'd sleep in and have a large (approx 2000 calorie) meal around noon, and then have a light snack around 8pm...which is exactly what happens on the weekends. Due to my weekday schedule, I tend to have something small in the morning, a moderate lunch and a larger dinner.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1/3 of my calories between 6 and 8 pm
  • groversa
    Options
    You have breakfast...that is great and can splurge a little more as have whole day to work it. Sounds like you grab a quick bite as lunch but not much? Personally, I don't think 7 pm eating is so much an issue, but maybe try to find some healthy snacks to have between lunch and end of work to keep metabolism stoked. BTW, have you tried sardines? Great lunch item, but have some mouthwash and a remote trash can for container available.

I don't eat meat of seafood/fish... lol thanks for the advice though!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine in the evening, dinner and dessert.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I, too, eat a large percentage of my calories later at night...a 500-900 calorie meal between 9 pm and 11 pm is pretty much a regular thing. Does. Not. Matter. Although many will tell you it does.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal is always dinner and I eat anywhere from 6pm-9:30pm, depending on when I get home and whether I'm doing cardio or weights that night
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 50% before dinner time. The other 50% for dinner and night time snacks.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1/3 of my calories between 6 and 8 pm

Me too.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I like my biggest meal in the evening:-) 1/2 daily cals-6-10pm
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter really when you get your calories but eating throughout the day would give you more energy so if you find you are tired try sneaking in some quick healthy snacks.
    Generally I eat more for breakfast than I do for dinner but of course it varies!
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I eat about 1/2 my daily calories from suppertime on. Did that while losing weight and my (almost) 2 years of maintenance..
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    whenever i'm hungry. i really just eat when i'm hungry, i don't really pay attention to when i eat.
  • ganxtakrizab
    Options
    Morning, definitely
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Try to spread them throughout the day, but usually dinner (supper) is the biggest meal of the day.
  • brendddda
    Options
    If your breakfast and lunch only add up to 330 calories, maybe you should try eating more for breakfast when you have time? I personally can't imagine going that long without eating much.