coffee creamer alternatives

Options

Replies

• corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I go to Sams and buy Sugar Free syrups and then add in fat free coffee mate. 40 caloires total for 2 cups of coffee
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I use the "So Delicious" brand coconut milk coffee cream. I get the french vanilla flavor. It's really good and 20 cals for 1 tbsp. A little goes a long way. I usually use 1/2 tbsp.

^^this^^
  • whyntme
    whyntme Posts: 27
    Options
    I use the sugar free Coffee mate creamer hazlenut
  • paradisecat
    Options
    try almond coconut milk...its a nice alternative and it does the trick.
    i used it for the longest time and now i just drink my coffee black..
  • coastalpines
    Options
    Skim & Splenda for me. I can't trust myself with fat-free creamers or half & half, i use too much.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I can't use that stuff. I use the real thing, cream....it gets the job done better. I use half and half, too.
    The fake stuff contains carrageenan, a food additive, which gives me IBS symptoms everytime! I have no other allergies, just that one.
  • ka7iug
    ka7iug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the Chocolate and Carameerl cream but was worried about the extra calories since I drink three cups of coffee every morning. So I bought it and one of the fat free French Vanilla flavored creamers and mixed them together. It reduces the calories and I still am enjoying my coffee every morning.
  • dorothy1355
    Options
    Maybe not the healthiest solution but I use fat free Coffeemate. Just a little to give it coffee a creamier taste. I only have about 2-3 cups in the morning, so I dont make a big deal about it. Its only 10 calories per tsp. We have to pick our battles ya know? That one I am not going to fight. Just sayin...... :)
  • Victœria
    Victœria Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd use soya,coconut,almond or oat milk. All the alternative milks taste great in hot drinks & even as a substitute for cream/milk in homemade soup recipes :-)
  • maballow
    Options
    I use the "So Delicious" brand coconut milk coffee cream. I get the french vanilla flavor. It's really good and 20 cals for 1 tbsp. A little goes a long way. I usually use 1/2 tbsp.

I love So Delicious creamer! So glad I made the switch. :) I have to give french vanilla a try, my fav is the hazelnut flavor.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (15 calories for 1/2 cup); I warm it up then add my coffee for a great latte.
  • JennyferZ
    JennyferZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use a powder coffee whitener. They come in low fat options and actually taste creamy (I made the change from double cream double sugar, to sweetener & whitener and was surprised how easy the change was/still great tasting coffee!)

My whitener is only 10 calories per 1 tsp and ZERO fat, ZERO sodium, ZERO sugar (zero everything)

Best way I found to not drink my calories!:drinker:
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use Fat Free French Vanilla cream by International Delight. It's something like 35 calories a cup & you don't need sugar with it.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    SO Delicious Coconut Milk Creamers (several flavors) only 20 cals per tbs! SOOO Yummy!
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    SO Delicious Coconut Milk Creamers (several flavors) only 20 cals per tbs! SOOO Yummy!
    I love their coconut milk, I really need to check our the creamers!!!! I've never seen them though! Hmmm...
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    How much freaking creamer are you putting in your coffee??!!

^^ this? and I use an Organic Trader Joes Hazelnut thats 30 cals per T - and only 2g carb

I didn't know Trader's had Organic Creamer!! I have been buying normal Organic Half & Half....glad I saw this! Gonna have to go get me some! Love Trader Joe's!!
  • tonicook890
    Options
    I seriously only use 2 teaspons and i works for me but i also dont drink really dark coffee but to each there own!!!
    ]
    i use coffee mate light its 10 calories in a teaspoon and occasionally i use skim milk but it is water and the coffee mate with 2 teaspoons turns ur coffee a nice creamy color with less calories. Try it!!

I'm wondering if you are really just using 2 teaspoons? In an 8 oz cup of coffee, that would hardly add any color at all. I like my coffee dark, but tend to use at least 2 tablespoons at the minimum in an 8oz cup of coffee. That would be 60 calories for 2 tablespoons of coffeemate light-- the same as 2 tablespoons of half and half.
    [/quote]
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have mines with condensed milk....it's creamy n makes it sweet at the same time... Yumm- I'm drinking my coffee as I type
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free syrups like Torani are great and zero cals. If you get a skinny vanilla latte from starbucks that is what they use to add the vanilla flavor. There are many different flavors to choose from. 0 cals, 0 fat.

^^^Yep, I do the sugar free syrups too- last longer, don't need much, I put 1% milk with it as well, and use good coffee. You dno't need a lot - I think mine is about 45 calories total (2 cups).
  • Debbie_Dunn
    Debbie_Dunn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been adding half a scoop of Vanilla whey protein to my coffee with a pinch of cocoa powder and some peppermint extract. Yummie ! Now I have a wholesome replacement for the sweet pastry or cookie I used to reach for with my black coffee. It hits the spot for me as a light breakfast or snack.