Totally ruined my diet tonight

Options
13»

Replies

• Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    nothing is done or undone in one snack, one meal, one binge, one day, one week or even one month. Weight loss is a comilation of all of your efforts over a period of time. You haven't ruined anything, just refocus and carry on, leaving the guilt behind as it'll only weigh you down.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I like to think about it this way:

We aren't defined by the days when we screw up - because EVERYONE does that.

We are defined by what we do the next day.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Had the worst week ever. They laid off people at my job and now this evening I had a fender bender. I went and had Buffalo Wild Wings and didn't pay attention to calories at all. I feel bad for blowing the hard work today and could really use some motivation to keep at the weight loss goal.

One day will never ruin an entire diet/lifestyle change. We are allowed to struggle and we are allowed to treat ourselves. Just get back at it the next day. Let the guilt go and move on :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Who among us hasn't done that!?

Me, because I am bloody great.

Sorry, 'tis true.

You asked ;)
  • suchastruggle
    suchastruggle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The last time I had a big "cave-in" meal, I tried to put it in perspective - out of the past X meals, I had one bad one. My next meal was back to what it should be. Don't beat yourself up about it. You didn't totally ruin your diet - you had one really slammin' meal and now you're back on track. :smile:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. Every day is a new day and one day in context of 30 days isn't the end. There are going to be holidays, weddings, birthdays, life events. You'll have days where counting calories just isn't the most important thing for the day. Get back on it and you'll be fine.
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I posted on here earlier this week paniking that I had a dinner to go to, Set meal wasnt going to be low in calories
    I tried to limit the damamge but I was over
    SO today and tomorrow I have scheduled a little more exercise (to help balance thigs out) and I made sure I got on with loggin the following day.
    2 days later I had lost 3lbs in a week xxx keep going
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So, you "ruined" your diet for one day. That is only a big deal if you let it spiral into ruining every day. It's completely unrealistic to think that you can through life never having a day where you eat too much. What's done is done. Move on.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Who among us hasn't done that!?

Me, because I am bloody great.

Sorry, 'tis true.

You asked ;)

Meh, what's so great about never splurging? Sounds bloody awful to me.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    So, do better today. It's only "ruined" if you give up.