Uhh... self sabotaged.. HELP pls?!?!?

Options
13»

Replies

• XoXoLJFitness
    Options
    Reflect on the choice you made. Remember how it made you feel next time you crave something. Always try to analyze what you are putting into your body AKA: temple.

It is ok to have some of those foods such as chips and soda as long as it is not frequent. Some will say that as long as it is in your calories for the day you are fine but there is a larger picture of healthy nutrition to take into consideration.

Good luck and to answer your question about fighting cravings I usually drink a crap ton of water. If I am still having the craving I eat what I was craving but about a forth of what I would consider a portion to be to kick the craving. But I encourage you to ask yourself WHO is in control?
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    After ice cream and candy, I'm right there with you. Lets do better starting now! :)
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ok so I totally just had a Dr Pepper and some chips.. totally unplanned and threw me off my diet. :/
    Why are you on a diet tho? Today I had a chocolate croissant and chocolate and other crap like that because I'm not on a diet. Whatever, I know I'll snap back to it over the next few days. You need to have this attitude to be successful with long-term weight loss, in my opinion. Just make sure your regular habit is eating at your calorie goal, and not 'throwing off your diet'
    How do you guys fight the cravings??
    Here are the 4 levels of options when it comes to cravings:

1. ignore cravings 'til they go away
    2. eat something similar but more nutritionally sound.
    3. give in and have a small amount so that it fits into your daily caloric intake.
    4. give in and eat the whole damn serving, whether it fits your daily intake or not. You don't want to reach level 4 often, but sometimes it might happen, and then you move on.
    Do you know of anything I can do to burn some of those cals fast???
    Move. Quickly, if possible :flowerforyou:

Well the thing is I've never been a healthy eater.. it's always been 'junk food' or meat. lol So I'm trying to eat better.. and then the weight loss is a plus.. I'm trying to eat healthier cause my son gets whatever I put into my body... I'm highly addicted to Dr Pepper. I'm not pregnant.. lol I'm breastfeeding and I account for that in my calorie goal for the day. I still ate under the calories set for me... but I feel like any time I have something like that then I'm gonna lapse and keep giving in. I didn't eat the entire bag of chips... I had one of the big bags. I only ate maybe the equivalent to a snack size bag. But the whole canned Dr Pepper. I'm really trying cause my son has been sick with pneumonia and he's having a hard time with it and I feel like he needs the better nutrients... I did have a salad today though... still taking vitamins.. I really don't want to put him on formula. He's 5 months old and has never had formula.. and only tiny tastes of solids here and there. I have 3 kids so exercising is kinda difficult to fit into the day... I have my 5 month old in my arms as I'm typing this. I'd love to be able to go for a run every day... but I have no one to keep the kids.
  • Joanneea
    Options
    I agree with Jenilla's post 'it's about a long and steady lifestyle change'. Look at some of the foods that are good for you, and see if you can add them to your diet, calorie counting is fine if you are eating sugars and processed foods, most fruit nuts and veg are the stuff your body burns easily anyway and give you the nutrition your body needs when you reach for the sugared beverages to fight a craving,. Have a slice of advocado, capsicum, almonds on hand or even a few boiled eggs. Maybe try squeezing la few drops of lemon in your water. Turn on the music and dance! Try - Aretha Franklin - Respect
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    One Dr. Pepper and a few chips?

No offense, but...so what?

You don't have to completely deprive yourself. The decision to eat those things is not what is important. It is the decisions you make after you eat them. Just don't let yourself go down a binge path, and you're fine. And even if you do eat way too much. Shrug it off, and reduce your daily calories for the rest of the week appropriately. Or go out for an extra walk or two.

Log it into your food log, and work the rest of your meals for the day around it.

I've lost 56 pounds in the last 6 months, and during that time I have eaten, pizza, beer, chips, soda, candy bars, ice cream, cookies, cake, hamburgers, fries, taco bell, etc. etc. etc. Just in smaller quantities and less frequently than I did before.

But log everything. And if you go over your calories today, go under them tomorrow. No big deal. THAT'S how you stick with a proper diet; by eating healthy MOST of the time. Not eating healthy ALL the time. You can still enjoy the bad stuff once in a while.

Cheers.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same thing today. I have eaten way more junk than usual but I look at the past week and I'm still at an appropriate deficit. I don't log my daily activity unless I break a sweat so I figure I'm actually ok to go over most days.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Tomorrow is a new day, and maybe you can make up for it later in the week. Or next month, or whenever you want to, really.
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ok so I totally just had a Dr Pepper and some chips.. totally unplanned and threw me off my diet. :/
    Why are you on a diet tho? Today I had a chocolate croissant and chocolate and other crap like that because I'm not on a diet. Whatever, I know I'll snap back to it over the next few days. You need to have this attitude to be successful with long-term weight loss, in my opinion. Just make sure your regular habit is eating at your calorie goal, and not 'throwing off your diet'
    How do you guys fight the cravings??
    Here are the 4 levels of options when it comes to cravings:

1. ignore cravings 'til they go away
    2. eat something similar but more nutritionally sound.
    3. give in and have a small amount so that it fits into your daily caloric intake.
    4. give in and eat the whole damn serving, whether it fits your daily intake or not. You don't want to reach level 4 often, but sometimes it might happen, and then you move on.
    Do you know of anything I can do to burn some of those cals fast???
    Move. Quickly, if possible :flowerforyou:

Well the thing is I've never been a healthy eater.. it's always been 'junk food' or meat. lol So I'm trying to eat better.. and then the weight loss is a plus.. I'm trying to eat healthier cause my son gets whatever I put into my body... I'm highly addicted to Dr Pepper. I'm not pregnant.. lol I'm breastfeeding and I account for that in my calorie goal for the day. I still ate under the calories set for me... but I feel like any time I have something like that then I'm gonna lapse and keep giving in. I didn't eat the entire bag of chips... I had one of the big bags. I only ate maybe the equivalent to a snack size bag. But the whole canned Dr Pepper. I'm really trying cause my son has been sick with pneumonia and he's having a hard time with it and I feel like he needs the better nutrients... I did have a salad today though... still taking vitamins.. I really don't want to put him on formula. He's 5 months old and has never had formula.. and only tiny tastes of solids here and there. I have 3 kids so exercising is kinda difficult to fit into the day... I have my 5 month old in my arms as I'm typing this. I'd love to be able to go for a run every day... but I have no one to keep the kids.

You are more likely to lapse and keep giving in if you are attempting to never give in. If you allow yourself these treats once in a while, you are less likely to have binge sessions.

And if you need to, avoid buying the big bags if you don't feel like you can stick to one serving. If you feel like a soda, or a bag of chips, stop off at a convenience store, and get a small snack size bag, and a can of soda. Then take it all the way home (don't eat it in the car) and enjoy it there.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    Options
    I want to thank everyone... especially the one who suggested Respect by Aretha Franklin.. it even entertained my son while I was able to dance. :) Made me feel lots better!!! Thank you all!! Tomorrow I'll do better... :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

Ok, trying to get healthier with weight loss being a "plus" is a great attitude to have, Good job, A+ :smile:
    If you are trying to get healthier you gotta break that Dr. Pepper addiction and start replacing it with water. I was a Diet Coke addict and I had to cut it out completely for a solid month to not crave it anymore. In my opinion with soda addicitons, you have to go cold turkey to kill them. I will still drink it once in a blue moon, but I don't crave it like I used to.

As far as breastfeeding, I don't know much about it except I do know that it actually burns a lot of calories, I read somewhere it can burn up to 500 calories per day, so make sure you are eating enough as well to account for that. Yes, that means tacking on up to 500 calories extra to the regular calorie intake MFP has figured out for you to eat. Forget exercising for now and focus your efforts on getting your nutrition right, and enough of it for you and your baby. Maybe there is a Breastfeeding group on MFP that you can join for more info and support?
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    Options

How did it throw off your diet?

Answer : it didn't.

This is why diet's fail. You do one thing wrong and it's ruined. This is not the case. To be successful in losing weight and then keeping it off, you need to realize that you're never going to be perfect. Get over it, move on and continue eating the best you can.

^I agree! :)
  • CherokeeTopaz
    Options

Ok, trying to get healthier with weight loss being a "plus" is a great attitude to have, Good job, A+ :smile:
    If you are trying to get healthier you gotta break that Dr. Pepper addiction and start replacing it with water. I was a Diet Coke addict and I had to cut it out completely for a solid month to not crave it anymore. In my opinion with soda addicitons, you have to go cold turkey to kill them. I will still drink it once in a blue moon, but I don't crave it like I used to.

As far as breastfeeding, I don't know much about it except I do know that it actually burns a lot of calories, I read somewhere it can burn up to 500 calories per day, so make sure you are eating enough as well to account for that. Yes, that means tacking on up to 500 calories extra to the regular calorie intake MFP has figured out for you to eat. Forget exercising for now and focus your efforts on getting your nutrition right, and enough of it for you and your baby. Maybe there is a Breastfeeding group on MFP that you can join for more info and support?

Yeah.. that addiction is rough... :/ I think it's the fizz of the soda I like most.. lol And yeah... I don't know that there are enough Breastfeeding members to start a group :/ idk