How late do you eat and when do you go to bed?

Options
How late do you eat and when do you go to bed? I don't eat after 9pm and go to sleep around 1 or 2 am. Just wondering if that is to late compared to what you guys do?

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I get off of work at 9 pm. Dinner is between 9:30-10:30 pm. Bedtime is 1-2 am.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    late and heavy are subjective terms. I eat if I'm hungry and most nights I'm in bed by 10:30 or 11.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i try to get ready for bed starting at 10 with the goal of being in bed around 10:30/11 but i have a new born so really i get to bed when he decides i can,. we eat dinner at 5 and i usually have a small snack around 8.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat immediately before bed. Doesn't matter for weight management if that's what you're worried about.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys stay up LATE!!! I am usually in bed by 8:30 or 9:00 and don't eat after 6pm. Unless I teach yoga and then I come home and have a snack and go to bed right away.... I am up by 5am to exercise before work, so that is why I get in bed so early!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    On a work night I try to be in bed before 10pm. Most nights I eat a snack between 9 and 9:30pm, hasn't really hurt my weight loss either (shock horror)
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set time either. It hasn't stopped me from losing or sleeping.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry, regardless of what time it is. During the week I usually go to bed around 10-11pm.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I go to bed anywhere between 10 and 12.

I don't have a cutoff time for food. I'll eat directly before bed if I wanna.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I get out of work at 1600, on the gym floor by 1630, workout for 60-120 mins, home by 1900, dinner ready (FINALLY!!!!) around 2045, I take my sweet time to eat, usually have an extra snack after I finish eating (which is what I'm doing now), then I try to be in bed by 2230 latest as I wake up at 0400 to workout before getting ready for work, in work by 0730 & starting the viciously pleasurable cycle again :bigsmile:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    How late do you eat and when do you go to bed? I don't eat after 9pm and go to sleep around 1 or 2 am. Just wondering if that is to late compared to what you guys do?

meal timing doesn't matter. spread it out, eat it all at once, whatever.

I work until around midnight, eat at 1 and go to bed around 2.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I get off of work at 9 pm. Dinner is between 9:30-10:30 pm. Bedtime is 1-2 am.

Same here for the most part. Been at it since April and am still losing....but I eat healthy and usually dinner is my lightest meal. But, everyone's different. As long as it works for you.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner between 5-6pm as I start the day with breakfast at 6am. I'm normally in bed by 9:30-10pm
  • murphinchina
    Options
    I sometimes eat immediately before bed. Doesn't matter for weight management if that's what you're worried about.

Doesn't matter for weight management? Interesting. I was always told, for a "normal" schedule, say bedtime is 10 or 11, to not eat after 7:00. Before I was got older, with a slower metabolism, I could drop 5-10 lbs in a month just by cutting back on sodas and not eating after 7:00.

Now, I usually do have a snack in the evening... just don't want to wake up and devour everything in the house. I hit the hay around 12 or 1.
  • mrsricta
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat last and when you go to bed. Stay within your net calorie goal intake for the day, eating when you are hungry and get enough sleep. The timing does not matter. The only way it can matter if you eat right before bed is that sometimes it effects the quality of sleep people get.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. That said I don't eat much after 9 because I'm just not hungry and I'm too lazy to re-clean the kitchen. Bedtime is typically between 11 and 1. And I'm up at 630 in the AM
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after 8 but that because generally if I do I tend to snack...and snack....and snack untill I am nine months food preg! I don't think it matters when you eat...I mean food is food, right? I go to bed between 11-1.. don't stress...trust me its never as serious and complicated as we make it. I mean really if you balance your checkbook at noon or midnight its all gonna show the same numbers
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options

^^This. If you are at or under your calorie goal, its going to make ZERO difference in weight loss. Just in case you were wondering. Me, my bedtime and mealtimes fluctuate. Sometimes have fallen asleep with a cheez its box in my bed. TRUE STORY.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry regardless of the time. I go to bed about 11:00-11:30. I am up about 4:30-5:00 to work out before work. I don't eat breakfast til about 9:30-10:00.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat right up to 30-40 minutes before bedtime.

It hasn't affected my ability to lose weight at all.