What are your measurements? Being called a liar!

Options
124»

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=403462336410924&set=pb.192899324133894.-2207520000.1360509979&type=3&theater

Check out that link about different body types. It is quite interesting to see the same weight on actual women of very different shapes.

And PS, who cares what all the haters think?!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's all about body composition, as others have already noted.

Last year at this time, I weighed 137 pounds, my waist and hip measurements were 29/38, and I had 27% body fat.
    This year, I weigh 141 pounds, my waist and hip measurements are 28/36, and I have 22% body fat.

I gained weight. BUT, I lost size and body fat%. I went from wearing size 10 to size 6. But...my weight up, lol.

It's all about the ratio of body fat to lean body mass. Some people can have very different weights yet wear the same clothes. Other people can weigh the same but have very different measurements and have to wear like 4 dress sizes different.

Some people don't understand the whole muscle/fat and weight thing...

This. When I had an eating disorder and was a stone to 21lb lighter, my waist was about 2" bigger. I was all flab.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    People's body's are always different. I've got a larger waist than average, but my legs are skinny! So, you never know. YOU know your body.
  • janmezzo
    Options
    I am just under 14 stone and 5ft 3ins. I have a large bust and always have had so my measurements are not the same as yours. I remain very much in proportion with an hourglass figure. I am a singer and so carry very little weight around my midriff. We are all different and our fat is distributed differently..
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    Don't sweat it... our bodies are all different and subsequently "normal" is different for the individual :smile:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    So, after writing a frank and honest blog post about my weight, bf % and measurements, I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements. e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 14 stone and my hips are 41 inches, my chest (under bust) is 34 inches and my waist is 31.5 inches.

Please someone else who is around my weight and hight tell me they have the same-ish measurements!

I'm 5'11" and 164 lbs and have about the same measurements as you. So I'm lighter but the same if that makes sense. Its all about your shape, composition, where the fat is stored more etc. I have long skinny legs, a long torso and most of my weight seems to be in my back end right now. :laugh: I would personally never compare myself to anyone else. We're all built different.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    almost all people my height and weight have smaller waist and hip measurements than me because i have wide hip bones. even people a lot heavier than me tend to have smaller measurements there than me.
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5, weigh 15 stone 7 lbs and my hips are 47inches, my chest (under bust) is 41inches and my waist is 36 inches.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    So, after writing a frank and honest blog post about my weight, bf % and measurements, I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements. e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 14 stone and my hips are 41 inches, my chest (under bust) is 34 inches and my waist is 31.5 inches.

Please someone else who is around my weight and hight tell me they have the same-ish measurements!

I don't think you're a liar!!!! Weirdly though, I'm 5'10, weigh 12stone and I've the same measurements....

Oi, we are twins, same height weight and inches! Now as long as that isn't you in the boat. Call me big headed but I thought I looked a little slimmer than that :wink:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same measurements as you and we're pretty close to the same weight. I had lost weight several years ago before my youngest was born and at that time was 20 pounds less than I am now wearing the same pants I can wear today. Twenty pounds heavier in the same size pants doesn't seem like it would be possible (and they're even looser now than they were back then!) I attribute it to the fact that I lift weights now and I didn't back then. You can weigh more and be a smaller size.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have that issue, on occasion. I'm 6', weight 152-155lbs, and my measurements (last I checked, it's been a while) are Bust - 37 Waist - 28 Hips - 38 and I'm wearing a size 6/8 pants depending on cut and size small tops.

Some have similar measurements but wear a different size. Some are those measurements but weigh much less and are shorter. It's all down to body shape. You could line me up next to someone the same height and weight, and we'd look totally different. Or someone with my measurements, and we'd weight very differently.

Everyone really IS a special snowflake.
  • Heaven829
    Heaven829 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't stress yourself out about what someone else thinks you don't come on mfp to worry if someone believes your weight loss or your measurements!!! It is your personal journey and your hips could be bigger from doing squats lounges and other exercises that plumps and rounds your butt as you are losing weight when you exercise and you work on sole parts of your body they gain muscle as you lose fat and that could be the reason some women are just built to carry more weight in the butt and hip area you can not surround yourself by negativity if you don't like the things someone say cut them out of your life because u don't need it continue to focus on you and stay positive your doing great!!!
  • TLTucker80
    TLTucker80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

I'm 5ft 3 and a different weight not even close to yours or neither is my measurements. I just wanted to comment and tell you don't worry about what other people say to you or about you. Not every one is the same and people hold weight in different places and have different body types and shapes. It doesn't matter if other people think you are lying. All that matters is that you are honest with yourself. You are doing this for yourself not others. I just wanted to say congrats!!!! and keep up the awesome work!!!!!!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Today I'm wearing trousers which I bought (slightly tight) 4 months ago and stopped wearing 3 months ago when I couldn't do them up any more. Today they are loose round the legs, hips and waist and are even a bit longer (through not beeing stretched over so much flab). But I'm still only 8lb down, its because I've toned up.