Keto diet - GOAL WEIGHT REACHED! 275-178

Options
Akraz
Akraz Posts: 41 Member
One of the proudest moments of my life. Hands down.

Obligatory scale photo ->
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/734118_10151345936399316_2077949531_n.jpg

Height: 5'10
Start Weight: 275+
Current Weight: 178 (as of Jan 16, 2013)
Time it took: 266 days (Between April 23/12 and January 13/13 I lost 85lbs (265-180)

I don't even know where to begin and who to thank... Keto has been everything to me, and a way of life that I am completely in love with.

Don't want to go on to long, and I'll gladly answer any questions people have..

But here is a few things I did to keep myself whipped up during my journey:
-ate only between 1250-1500 kcal/day
-never ate my exercise or cardio calories i burned
-counted calories like a mad scientist
-logged everything in MFP to keep myself in line
-measured all food i ate with food scale and measuring spoons
-drank nothing but water and coffee and occasional diet sodas
-walked wherever I went, took the stairs a lot
-play hockey twice a week and gym 1-2 times a week for 5K cardio jogs
-weight-lifting very sombre (but I will have to work on this more now to tone up)

I had made a document, for those of you that are new to Keto, hopefully this can help you and get you started and motivated! -> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2xaOHd77bi9ekd0SWJqaHVnM0U/edit

Progression photos -> http://imgur.com/a/8WCxT#0

Enjoy!

Replies

• stephaniehorwood
    Options
    That's awesome!! So happy for you! :)
  • lukasmy2k
    Options
    Mate that's amazing, I have recently been looking into a low carb diet myself! great work!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's amazing...well done!

You're height & target is very similar to mine so this is very inspirational. Thank you.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    wow what a difference!! way to go
  • AutumnDean
    Options
    I love keto. c:
    Congratulations, and you look incredible!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    good job bro. really inspirational
  • davlaur
    davlaur Posts: 34
    Options
    Well Done !!!
  • nopizzamakesmecry
    Options
    Hot damn man, that's fantastic. I'm actually right around your starting weight, Need to get in on that Keto action.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pics. When I go to your website, all I get is a big white box that covers everything. I block flash, so maybe that's it.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference - well done and congrats and thanks for sharing your pics. x
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Awesome! Good for you!
  • Akraz
    Akraz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the public image is on about Keto on MFP, but it worked for me when no other diet would. The secret is in carb consumption. I had to put an end to it.

Thank you all for your comments so far!
  • richytm
    richytm Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow, you look like a totally different person!

It's very impressive what you've done and I'm sure it's only the start of a new healthier lifestyle for yourself with all the added benefits that go along with that.

I'm guessing the keto is similar to the Atkins? I know it has its opponents but hey if it works it works!
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! You look amazing and so happy :) You should be sooo proud of your hard work and accomplishments!
  • siberianlilly
    siberianlilly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing and inspirational! I follow similar methods and am seeing great results from it. I still need to work on more veggies and fruits, verse the carbs, but I'm getting there in my own time. Congratulations on your success! You look happier and may many more blessings be poured into your life!
  • vivipr
    vivipr Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keto on!
  • pricedl01
    Options
    Congratulations! All of your hard work has paid off, now on to maintenance!
  • Lenapolt
    Options
    Great Job!!!!. I hope I will reach my goal !! Well done!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Gladius270
    Gladius270 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great to see you found a plan that works for you and you stuck to it. I am of the opinion that the best diet is the one that you are able to stick to - Keto, Paleo, Caveman, or just plain watching your calories (works best for me because I can't restrict food).
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work and success! :drinker:

Keto is working for me as well in a way no other weight loss program has. Yes, I've lost weight on high carb diets, but always with either pills or constant, misery-inducing cravings and hunger. For the first time in my life I can see myself being able to reach goal and then maintain instead of bouncing back up the scales when I 'let myself go'. Keto isn't a diet, it's forever. And it's not for everyone, but I'm so glad I tried it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!