Keto diet - GOAL WEIGHT REACHED! 275-178

Options

Replies

• rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You did good kid, but what is a Keto diet.
  • Akraz
    Akraz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You did good kid, but what is a Keto diet.

At the bottom of my post I linked to a google document for you to read about what Keto is.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2xaOHd77bi9ekd0SWJqaHVnM0U/edit
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and so much happier! Great job!
  • lismerie
    lismerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm reading your document now. Always been curious about keto.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Way to go. congrats on your fantastic weight loss. your dedication and determination have rewarded in a very great way. lbs down......
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You are amazing -way to go
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • neiljbrady
    neiljbrady Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I competed in amateur body building in 1997. 2nd USA, 2nd Worlds and 2nd Natural Universe. I would eat 100 % protein and fat for 5 days and carb for 2 then start again. I dropped from 195 to 155 "shredded" by the end of competition. It worked great for me. We considered protein "anything with eyes", and also eggs
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your fantastic results! Thanks for the great post!
  • Gabby82
    Options
    Very good!! Remarkable :)
  • jjulesss
    Options
    A Redditor! I'm very interested in this, and I've never heard of it before now! Is using the Keto diet for losing 20+ pounds/a pretty large amount, or can it be used to lose 10-20 pounds? In a healthy way of course, without "yo-yo-ing"?
  • Muffiewilmes
    Muffiewilmes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! For sharing I was starting to think this might be my best bet!! Printed your documemt!! :happy:
  • Akraz
    Options
    A Redditor! I'm very interested in this, and I've never heard of it before now! Is using the Keto diet for losing 20+ pounds/a pretty large amount, or can it be used to lose 10-20 pounds? In a healthy way of course, without "yo-yo-ing"?

Yes it can! I have never Yo-Yo'd on Keto! :)

If you're a redditor, go to /r/keto. Great community
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You.look.amazing!!!!
    Congratulations. :)
  • justjo83
    justjo83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
    Just curious if you kept track of your trans fats and cholesterol as well? And if it was balanced with unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats etc. I'd be worried about cholesterol with a lot of animal products? I remember watching the rebuttal documentary to super size me and he did the eating all animal fats etc and had his cholesterol checked and it went down!! Seemed like it didn't make a lot of sense for that to happen. But it did. The body works in weird ways I guess.
  • Akraz
    Options
    Great Job!!
    Just curious if you kept track of your trans fats and cholesterol as well? And if it was balanced with unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats etc. I'd be worried about cholesterol with a lot of animal products? I remember watching the rebuttal documentary to super size me and he did the eating all animal fats etc and had his cholesterol checked and it went down!! Seemed like it didn't make a lot of sense for that to happen. But it did. The body works in weird ways I guess.

I avoided trans fats as much as possible. But took in as much saturated as I could.

I am scheduled for my post-weightloss blood work and to make sure I am actually healthy. I don't see why I wouldnt be, but it's nice to see it all on paper.

I will post back my results when I get them.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow.
  • roof1966
    Options
    great job
  • triceever
    Options
    Great job!!! You look awesome.
  • bearii
    bearii Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great inspiration! I am basically in a similar place, just not as far along. Started at 288 on 11/27/12, CW 247, GW 175, 6' height.

One note for those wondering about keto/carbs/net carbs, etc., another good resource is the South Beach diet book. You're paper does a great job explaining it, thanks for putting that together. That is basically what I'm doing as well with a strong focus on net carbs (carbs-fiber). I keep mine lower than 35-40g on a daily basis and have been steadily losing as well. I have done 20g too and occasionally revert to that if I get stuck somewhere for a couple of days. It kind of kick starts my metabolism a bit.

What really struck me about your pics was the difference between you around 200 and you at your current weight. Even that difference in weight is so noticeable and you look even better, healthier. Lots of folks are saying I'll be too thin at 175, stop at 200, etc., etc. I think we've lost all sense of what "normal" weight looks like anymore (in America at least). Take a look at old movies, all those guys are "skinny" compared to today, but they were normal weight. You've proved my point, you look great at your weight! I'm going to keep shooting for my target!!

Congrats again and thanks for the inspiration. Keto on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!