wanting more vegetarian/vegan friends

Options
angmarie28
angmarie28 Posts: 2,794 Member
ive been on MFP for almost a year, and have some of the best friends on the sight, but most of then are meat eaters, which is all fine and dandy, but its hard to get ideas from others diaries when i dont eat what they eat. Im vegetarian, but like to eat vegan meals also. so if your a vegetarian or vegan, add me :)

Replies

• plantlyfe
    Options
    Vegetarian here!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Vegan, add me if you like. I also have quite a few friends, but not too many vegan/vegetarian ones!
  • rose_turtle
    rose_turtle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegetarian. Also check out Groups if you haven't already. Here's one of mine: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/45-happy-herbivores
  • angmarie28
    Options
    im new to this, havent had meat in 1 1/2 weeks, im loving it but struggling on new meal ideas, everything i eat is mainly taco/burritos, salad, and stir fry
  • alexie97
    alexie97 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i'll be vegetarian for a year in exactly a month! woo!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegetarian. Also check out Groups if you haven't already. Here's one of mine: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/45-happy-herbivores
    I just joined that group last week :)
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    im a flexatarian i go in spurts where i wont eat meat at all then i will eat it sometimes but i eat meatless alot
  • angmarie28
    Options
    i'll be vegetarian for a year in exactly a month! woo!
    I cant wait till its been that long for me, I feel like I sound rediculouse saying ive only been vegetarian for just over a week haha. I gave up beef once when I was a teen, and have wanted to become vegetarian for years, but I watched "Vegucated" and that was it, and im not going back
  • bubbaduts
    Options
    After watching food inc it made me go veggie for awhile now if i buy any meat i get it from the farm where i can see the animals.
  • angmarie28
    Options
    After watching food inc it made me go veggie for awhile now if i buy any meat i get it from the farm where i can see the animals.
    when I first started, I was talking to my brother (the biggest meat eater ever) and I told him I didnt want to be a part of these slaughter houses and the way they treat animals, so hes like what about hunted animals, I said well maybe i would eat like a hunted dear since it had a chance at life for awhile and wasnt tortured, well now he plans to hunt a dear so he can make he eat it, little does he know I changed my mind hahaha. I fear if I give in once, Ill start craving it and going back to eating it
  • deticxe
    deticxe Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, working my way to vegan! I eat a ton of beans and salad, also looking for other ideas!
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm Vegan, I added u:)
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian trying to eat mostly vegan.. though I do have dairy here and there sometimes. I'll send you a friend request. :D
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    Pescatarian here! Fell free to add me
  • bubbaduts
    Options
    when I first started, I was talking to my brother (the biggest meat eater ever) and I told him I didnt want to be a part of these slaughter houses and the way they treat animals, so hes like what about hunted animals, I said well maybe i would eat like a hunted dear since it had a chance at life for awhile and wasnt tortured, well now he plans to hunt a dear so he can make he eat it, little does he know I changed my mind hahaha. I fear if I give in once, Ill start craving it and going back to eating it

that was the problem i had some pork and it was all over after that i craved it. But i figure as long as its a moderation thing i can feel ok about it. But dairy will always be hard for me i love me some Chobani.
  • angmarie28
    Options

that was the problem i had some pork and it was all over after that i craved it. But i figure as long as its a moderation thing i can feel ok about it. But dairy will always be hard for me i love me some Chobani.
    ya, I LOVE buffalo wings, and the other day my mom was making finger steaks (my favorite) I had to leave for home right then, I wanted one so bad
  • fleurmegs
    Options
    Vegetarian here!
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    Vegetarian here! Feel free to add me! I love to cook and find new and different vegetarian/vegan dishes!!
  • KatRamsay
    KatRamsay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i am a vegetarian, been for about 18years. Although probably less so now as after i had my boys i really took to fish. I cook a lot of vegan foods due to lactose intolerant hubby. I do lots of veggie home cooked (simple meals). A good book is the veganomicon. My sister got me into that. Yummy recipes. Or google post punk kitchen. The author has a blog.

Good luck.
    Kat

p.s. feel free to add me as a friend
  • raegan1215
    Options
    lifelong vegetarian here! feel free to add me...i'm new here too and don't have any friends yet! (that sounds so sad...haha!)