wanting more vegetarian/vegan friends

Options

Replies

• BallofEnergy
    Options
    I am a flexatarian too. I am new (again) to this site and would love some more friends!
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i'll be vegetarian for a year in exactly a month! woo!
    I cant wait till its been that long for me, I feel like I sound rediculouse saying ive only been vegetarian for just over a week haha. I gave up beef once when I was a teen, and have wanted to become vegetarian for years, but I watched "Vegucated" and that was it, and im not going back

I just watched this yesterday! I've been toying with the idea of going veg for a while now. I tried to cut down on meat for a while a few months back and gave up, but it's still been in the back of my mind all this time. I'm giving it another go, not ready yet to claim the vegetarian label, but I'm really weighing this and making sure I can do it in the long term.

So, not quite veg yet, but heading there. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • fleurmegs
    Options
    For those that have recently become a veggie, here's a website with a lot of inspirational vegan recipes:

http://ohsheglows.com

I'm also gluten free, and this site has a ton of veggie/vegan ideas and I can vouch that the recipes are DIVINE:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com

This cookbook is also helpful, not only on recipes, but how to eat healthy as a vegetarian and the benefits it can have if followed properly:

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Vegetarian-Cookbook-Whitecap-Books/dp/155110752X/ref=pd_sim_b_2
  • ChristieNJFitnessAddict
    Options
    I'm not a 100% vegetarian. I was doing the vegetarian thing but it got so hard to keep eating the same thing and not getting enough protein. Between my work schedule, then I was playing softball or going to the gym the days I wasn't playing softball. I will admit I did remain eating fish, I can't give that up. Still to this day I will not eat red meat at all. I will have chicken and turkey but once in a while. I want to get off the poultry again though but I need to find more healthy recipes. Lately I love anything with avocados or beets. I would love to swap recipes.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    i'll be vegetarian for a year in exactly a month! woo!
    I cant wait till its been that long for me, I feel like I sound rediculouse saying ive only been vegetarian for just over a week haha. I gave up beef once when I was a teen, and have wanted to become vegetarian for years, but I watched "Vegucated" and that was it, and im not going back

I just watched this yesterday! I've been toying with the idea of going veg for a while now. I tried to cut down on meat for a while a few months back and gave up, but it's still been in the back of my mind all this time. I'm giving it another go, not ready yet to claim the vegetarian label, but I'm really weighing this and making sure I can do it in the long term.

So, not quite veg yet, but heading there. Feel free to add me if you like.
    I tried to cut back, but failed, now that I desided to just do it, its alot easier
  • Leo_Joy_HG
    Leo_Joy_HG Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm Vegan!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    I'm not a 100% vegetarian. I was doing the vegetarian thing but it got so hard to keep eating the same thing and not getting enough protein. Between my work schedule, then I was playing softball or going to the gym the days I wasn't playing softball. I will admit I did remain eating fish, I can't give that up. Still to this day I will not eat red meat at all. I will have chicken and turkey but once in a while. I want to get off the poultry again though but I need to find more healthy recipes. Lately I love anything with avocados or beets. I would love to swap recipes.
    chicken was pretty easy for me, they pump them chickens with so much steroids or whatever crap to give them such huge breasts they cant even walk, why would I want that crap in my body, as for turkey, thanksgiving is going to be hard, i love turkey, good thing its 10 months away
  • fleurmegs
    Options
    chicken was pretty easy for me, they pump them chickens with so much steroids or whatever crap to give them such huge breasts they cant even walk, why would I want that crap in my body, as for turkey, thanksgiving is going to be hard, i love turkey, good thing its 10 months away

Turkey was initially hard for me, because of the traditional factor - but my husband and I have made a new tradition with different, very yummy recipes, especially after I found out I had celiacs and couldn't eat anything. I don't feel left out anymore, and I'm still quite full and happy surrounded by meat-eaters! ;)
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    I have gone on and off the veg thing several times. It's hard to keep up, but lately I've been thinking that way again. I probably will soon. I need some good ideas, too!
  • angmarie28
    Options

Turkey was initially hard for me, because of the traditional factor - but my husband and I have made a new tradition with different, very yummy recipes, especially after I found out I had celiacs and couldn't eat anything. I don't feel left out anymore, and I'm still quite full and happy surrounded by meat-eaters! ;)
    I love mashed potatos, corn, and deviled eggs and pumpkin pie, so ill have plenty to stuff my face with haha
  • alexie97
    alexie97 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    amazing to see so many vegetarians! at first it was hard for me because i spent the first two weeks eating peanut butter on toast. i thought that was enough protein *shakes head* :P i was always lacking energy! it's crazy to see how far i've come since last year!

i'm also not a big fan of eggs nor dairy so i'm slowly becoming vegan.
  • CrazyDaisyMom
    CrazyDaisyMom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here. Sent you a friend request. I'm always looking for new vegetarian friends to support and steal recipe ideas from :wink:
  • Lucyk00
    Lucyk00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Almost vegan, been a veg for 17 years. Friended you. I'm also in need of some veg/vegan friends.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    im new to this, havent had meat in 1 1/2 weeks, im loving it but struggling on new meal ideas, everything i eat is mainly taco/burritos, salad, and stir fry

I ate like this too in the beginning. It is hard because if you have been eating meat your whole life, you have to learn a whole new way to cook! But hang in there, it gets easier. The longer I have done it the more I have varied my diet. The Happy Herbivore website and the Engine 2 Diet website both have a lot of good recipes that are fairly simple. I have three Happy Herbivore cookbooks, and I LOVE them. They use simple everyday ingredients, don't take too long to prepare, and are tasty.
  • Papayamaya5
    Papayamaya5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too gal! I also run a gf + vegan blog @ teenyteacakes.tumblr.com

xx
  • angmarie28
    Options
    thanks for all the ads, hopefully this helps
  • steamingcoffee
    steamingcoffee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not a true vegetarian, I was a vegetarian for the first 16 years of my life, had a brief rebellious stage where I ate chicken nuggets (which is sad since that's like the worst I could pick to try and eat meat) and now I only ever eat meat if my family offer absolutely no alternatives.

I would say I go about 90% of my days eating no meat, so looking at most of what I make would be easy to get ideas from since I really don't ever eat meat
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    For those that have recently become a veggie, here's a website with a lot of inspirational vegan recipes:

http://ohsheglows.com

I'm also gluten free, and this site has a ton of veggie/vegan ideas and I can vouch that the recipes are DIVINE:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com

This cookbook is also helpful, not only on recipes, but how to eat healthy as a vegetarian and the benefits it can have if followed properly:

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Vegetarian-Cookbook-Whitecap-Books/dp/155110752X/ref=pd_sim_b_2

I love oh she glows!
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 14 years. I love to look at fellow veg's diaries for ideas, especially lately since I've been trying to go protein heavy! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 9 yrs. I have done a small amount of fish the past couple of months. Not sure if I will continue. Add me.