Carrots are Icky

Options
Ok, I don't like carrots. There is only one way I'll eat carrots and that's when it's in my chicken chili.
Other than that, I pick them out and make my boyfriend eat them.
I don't know why I don't like them.

I want to know, is there anything similar to them that I can eat that I won't pick out? :laugh:

Replies

• Dianescraps
    Options
    I hear ya! I hate them cooked, but I am ok with them raw.
  • mushy201
    Options
    I like to put frozen carrots in stir frys and soup. I will eat them cooked but not raw...raw carrots taste really yucky to me...

hth!
    Michelle
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like to put frozen carrots in stir frys and soup. I will eat them cooked but not raw...raw carrots taste really yucky to me...

hth!
    Michelle

I don't like them period, unless it's in the chicken chili... I don't know why, it's weird lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you don't like them, don't eat them. I love them, so they are one of my go-to snacks.
  • krissielynn87
    Options
    I used to like them, I don't know what happened.
    I want to eat them again, but I'm not sure what I can do to change it.
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Give them to me!

But honestly, no one likes everything so there is no need to force yourself as long as there are other veggies you like. Tastes change so who knows, after a year of not eating them and trying them again might help. Do you like other sweet root vegetables?
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks or cucumber slices? Both have a nice crisp, crunch feel when eating them. I also like radishes and turnips but I know those are not for everyone.
  • sweatyboobies
    sweatyboobies Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always say if you don't like them don't force yourself to eat something
  • krissielynn87
    Options
    Give them to me!

But honestly, no one likes everything so there is no need to force yourself as long as there are other veggies you like. Tastes change so who knows, after a year of not eating them and trying them again might help. Do you like other sweet root vegetables?

I'm not sure, I tend to eat the same things, so I'm trying to fix that.
    I want to eat more veggies and what not, but I'm nervous to try.

I just started eating avocado, so I'm slowly moving into new things lol
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to try new things, and there are so many veggies out there that all taste so different and can be prepared in different ways I wouldn't worry if you come across something you don't like.

Roasting carrots can make them super tasty if you haven't tried that yet.

When I come across something I don't like I'll normally give it another go in a few years as tastes really do change, especially when your diet changes and you get used to new things.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Try other vegetables of similar color, see if you like them.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to try new things, and there are so many veggies out there that all taste so different and can be prepared in different ways I wouldn't worry if you come across something you don't like.

Roasting carrots can make them super tasty if you haven't tried that yet.

When I come across something I don't like I'll normally give it another go in a few years as tastes really do change, especially when your diet changes and you get used to new things.

I will have to ask the BF to try this. I can't stand carrots, they actually make me feel nauseas. But he really likes them and is bereft that he can't prepare them for our dinners. Maybe this will help us both out!
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You could shred them tiny in a food processor and add them to anything and not even know. I do this to trick my kids. Or I like parsnips, their flavor is much milder, or maybe sweet potatoes which have a lot of the same vitamins in them. Or just go for any other veggies. Whats in a carrot? Vitamin A and C which is in tomatoes I know. Beta Carotene I think this is in leafy greans, but I could be wrong. U can still get your vitamins without carrots. ( I HATE them cooked too ) lol
  • krissielynn87
    Options
    You could shred them tiny in a food processor and add them to anything and not even know. I do this to trick my kids. Or I like parsnips, their flavor is much milder, or maybe sweet potatoes which have a lot of the same vitamins in them. Or just go for any other veggies. Whats in a carrot? Vitamin A and C which is in tomatoes I know. Beta Carotene I think this is in leafy greans, but I could be wrong. U can still get your vitamins without carrots. ( I HATE them cooked too ) lol

I'll keep those in mind. Thank you!
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE carrots. I tried juicing and was actually able to drink carrot juice. It was better than I thought it would be. It's the ONLY way I will eat carrots.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options

I'll keep those in mind. Thank you!

:happy:
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    http://voraciousvander.com/2011/12/05/the-best-way-to-cook-zucchini-and-carrots/

or

Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes with some seasoning and a little olive oil. Then drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of honey, and about 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Pop them back into the oven for about 5 more minutes to achieve sweet, salty, still slightly cruchy perfection!
  • krissielynn87
    Options
    http://voraciousvander.com/2011/12/05/the-best-way-to-cook-zucchini-and-carrots/

or

Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes with some seasoning and a little olive oil. Then drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of honey, and about 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Pop them back into the oven for about 5 more minutes to achieve sweet, salty, still slightly cruchy perfection!

I shall try that, especially with the zuchinni!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Me neither. I'll eat them if they are grated up into small bits and cooked in a soup or other dish, but larger chunks... Actually, you can make a decent salad with raw carrots--grate them, then add some Greek yogurt and honey if you want a sweet version, or some garlic and Greek yogurt or mayo if you want a savory version.
  • krissielynn87
    Options
    Me neither. I'll eat them if they are grated up into small bits and cooked in a soup or other dish, but larger chunks... Actually, you can make a decent salad with raw carrots--grate them, then add some Greek yogurt and honey if you want a sweet version, or some garlic and Greek yogurt or mayo if you want a savory version.
    Greek yogurt, on salad?
    any suggestions??