A question about milk

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I drink milk...1%. My wife uses almond milk, but only because she's nursing and my baby has dairy allergy.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of almond milk, I prefer my protein shakes with chocolate milk. I freeze the milk in ice cube trays and then dump them in the vitamix blender with 2 scoops of ON and a spoon of peanut butter. Best milkshake IMO.... Best of Luck...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of almond milk, I prefer my protein shakes with chocolate milk. I freeze the milk in ice cube trays and then dump them in the vitamix blender with 2 scoops of ON and a spoon of peanut butter. Best milkshake IMO.... Best of Luck...

That sounds good!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is whole, full fat milk verboten? Use real milk!

Or Gatorade. I mix my protein powder in Gatorade
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I just like to get my fat from other places. Like olive oil and peanut butter.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what other people use. Use what you like. It's a protein shake, so I assume you've got plenty of protein in it anyway. Make it taste good and you'll be more likely to have it more often anyway.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I like Almond/Coconut milk blend. Blue diamond makes a really good one. No sugar, less calories, and the little bit of a protein difference will not hinder you.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    In before "MILK IS FOR INFANT COWS TO MAKE THEM FAT"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

:laugh:

What about in before "MILK CAUSES CANCER"
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Actually it's a consistency/taste preference. I don't like the thickness of whole milk, so I typically buy 2%. Sometimes skim if I want to save on some calories.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what other people use. Use what you like. It's a protein shake, so I assume you've got plenty of protein in it anyway. Make it taste good and you'll be more likely to have it more often anyway.

This is all true. I just was wondering why some people choose one over the other, if I was somehow missing something in translation.

Sounds like driving the choices are:
    1) taste preference
    2) dairy intolerance, or
    3) calories

Thanks for the responses.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I drink human milk from the source.

If I was drinking anything at the time it would have been all over my screen! LOL!:tongue:
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I drink human milk from the source.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12569011
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I drink Almond Milk for the taste, but Rice Milk has more of a consistency/texture to it........have you tried it..? (some people love, some people hate)....it's still pretty thin, though.....so not sure if that would help you out in this instance.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I drink whole milk when bulking, skim milk when cutting.

:laugh:

What about in before "MILK CAUSES CANCER"

You mean milk causes inflammation which causes every health malady known to man and plenty more we haven't yet discovered.....
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It's lower cal, richer texture, and has a great flavor. I don't drink enough milk for it to be a significant reduction in my daily protein.