Ladies who started around 280 please come in =)

Options

Replies

• mommybambi
    mommybambi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I officially started at 264 but I was probably around 272 at my heaviest. I started in a 22/24. I never really bought any size 20's since I just kept wearing my loose 22/24 pants. First time I bought anything I started getting into 16/18 around 230 lbs. Now those 16's are getting big. Right now I'm at 184 and wearing 14 but I think I will be ale to do 12 in another couple of lbs.
  • Ashley578
    Options
    I started at 270 (Maurices size 17/18) and I'm only down about 10 lbs so I have yet to drop a pant size
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You have lost a lot in the face (its noticeable other places too), you look so much younger and healthier. I know that doesn't help with your pants size question but I thought t was worth mentioning.
  • RagenGBrown
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I started at 278. I was in an 18 but they were getting too tight so i will say a 20. I'm still in 18's but they are loose but not loose enough to get into a 16. But then I purchased a pair of jeans last week that were still 20's. Crazy how each brand fits different. I have learned to not care about the size, I know that's hard to do in society today because like you I'm sure, I'm ready to get out of PLUS SIZE clothes!! They SUCK and are not as cute and way more expensive! We will get there, we've got this!
  • EmmaleighM
    EmmaleighM Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You have lost a lot in the face (its noticeable other places too), you look so much younger and healthier. I know that doesn't help with your pants size question but I thought t was worth mentioning.

aw. thanks! Yes I am very happy and feel MUCH better!!! I can definately tell in my face/neck/arms.... just ready to fit back into some of my old pants =) but I know it will come!
  • tishonamarie
    tishonamarie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to know the same thing! I was around 275 when I started and wished I could have worn a 18/20. I was wearing at 24, which was kinda big and a 22. Currently, I'm down 24 pounds and I can't really wear the 24 without them falling off in 10 minutes. the 22's I can wear, but they look and feel so loose. I can't wait to wear my 20's!! I can get them zipped and buttoned, but it looks like I'm sorta poured into them. I would love to just wear a 12 or 14 someday :-) I know that it doesn't matter what size it's how you look and feel when wearing them. I now I'm feeling amazing and I can't help but think I look pretty amazing too :-) Keep up the good work ladies!
  • EmmaleighM
    Options
    All I know is I'm jealous. My stomach is huge, always has been. I had to be 170 and was still size 18, although I could squeeze into a super tight 16.
    At 350 I was in a size 32, Lost 60 pounds and was able to just squeeze into a 28. Meanwhile I'm absolutely swimming in the butt and legs in those pants.
    Would love to find any other ladies with this problem.... ughhhhh.

you are doing awesome!!!! Just proves what I've always said... weight doesn't determine clothing size!! I was in a 16 until I hit about 240ish (so I guess I just answered my original question! haha!)...

but keep up the awesome work! You are doing great!!!!
  • EmmaleighM
    Options
    I'm ready to get out of PLUS SIZE clothes!! They SUCK and are not as cute and way more expensive!

Amen. Amen. Amen!!
  • EmmaleighM
    Options
    Ladies, you are ALL doing such an amazing job!!!!!! You are all inspirations to me.... we've got this! Lets kick its butt!!!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i started at 265 and im down to 245. im not even sure what size i am! i rarely wear jeans. usually athletic pants or dress black pants. but i think i may go try some on and see after reading this.
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I started at 274 and am 5'10. I have lost 30 lbs. and am still in a (very baggy esp. at the waist!) 22/24. An 18/20 is still too snug to be comfortable. Like the OP, I can only wear my chinos/jeans once before I have to wash them because they stretch out so much + are too baggy! lol I am thinking another 10-15 pounds. In the meantime, I either can get a belt or keep hitching up my pants all day! :happy:
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    but on a good note. i did buy a wedding dress last year and it was a size 24 and i went to try it on the other day and i could pull it off me without unzipping it! works for me! had to cancel the wedding and move to end of this year. long story. but my goal is to be able to get one i want. not just a plus size one that fits.
  • mbuczkowski
    Options
    Itis so refreshing to know I was not the only to lose in top and legs, but mid-section is staying the same. I can't wait to go down a dress size! Everything is fitting looser, though and I am happy with that.
  • carem_p
    Options
    wow, congratulations, from venezuela!!!
  • CoriGayle
    CoriGayle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started out at 295. I was in a 24/26. I'm now down to 196 and wear a size 14 in jeans. It took me a LONG time to switch sizes because I am very big in the stomach area. My legs started shrinking before my mid-section. People would say "Wow! Your pants are getting too big, you need a smaller size." But all they could see was my legs, not how tight it was on my stomach. Everyone is different. You will get there in time. I still have quite a way to go in the stomach area. That is where I hold almost all of my weight. You've done great so far! Congrats and keep it up!!!

P.S. I also lost a lot in the butt area!! It's so flat now haha I've started doing exercises that are supposed to help, but so far I've not noticed any results ;)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I started at 272 in size 20. About 20 pounds in I got into 16's. At 37 lbs got into 14's and now at 47 am getting into 12's. Brands still vary though.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I started in sizes 18/20. Last Saturday I purchased a pair of Lee Riders pants in a size 12 and they fit wonderfully. I was surprised they fit as well as they did. I still want to lose at least 25-30 lbs and I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing a size 10 by then.
  • rockermom5
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this because I was wondering the same thing! I started at 268 and I think I've been in a size 20 FOREVER. I am down 21 lbs and I'm still in my 20s or 18s depending on the brand. My old navy 18s are loose and I need a belt, a lot of my 20s are loose and need a belt, but I just can't get down into that next size yet. I am noticing tops getting looser as well. I am ready to start going to smaller clothes, but in the mean time, I'm happy that I'm fitting into what I already have better.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I remember having this same frustration. It sucked. I started at 277 lbs, size 22. It took 30 lbs until I dropped a size. Dropping those plus sizes took a long time. Eventually, after about a size 14 it went quicker (10-12 lbs sounds about right?). Now I'm a size 10. But yes those beginning sizes are rough.

Congrats ladies, you're doing awesome!!
  • kelcro40
    kelcro40 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see the different weights and sizes. I started at 274 (5' 4") and size 24 pants. I have lost right at 7 pounds, so I have a long way to go. I have had 5 kids including twins and my stomach is just huge and nasty. I hate the way it hangs down. I don't know what is going to happen with losing weight, but time will tell.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!