Ladies who started around 280 please come in =)

Options

Replies

• RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    It's good to see we all have each other to support! I started at 320 got down to 203 back in May. But have gained weight again and am back up to 240. I for some reason lost control, but now I'm focused and I'm running my weight back off. I have a full and a half marathon to prepare for. I completed my first half marathon back in October which means I can do ANYTHING! So can all of you! Reading this post really helped me and I have all of you to thank. It would be nice if some of you since we're all in or around the same weight could add each other for support. I sure know I could use it right now.

Love,
    Risya!
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This thread has given me some hope, motivation, and plenty of inspiration! :flowerforyou:

I am ALMOST under 300 (which would be a 10% loss - my first goal!) I take my measurements weekly, and I do see a decrease there even if I cannot see it when I look in the mirror. I am currently wearing 24/26 jeans (2x in yoga pants), but they are loose. (I haven't tried on the smaller jeans sitting in my closet lately, but I may need to do that soon...) And my shirts wouldn't be indicative of dropping because I wear baggy to cover up...

I am looking forward to being able to wear those 18/20 jeans again!
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    I started at 244 and a size 14 (squeezed). I haven't tried any new pant sizes yet but, I am now down to 237 pounds. I am trying to get down to 144 and I will continue to go strong. I would love to get some adds from you guys for motivation!

Keep up the great work!
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started at 300 and barely fitting into a size 24, but it took me about 50 pounds to get to a size 22! I've lost 30 more pounds since then and went down 2 more sizes! I'm guessing I just wasn't losing weight off my hips until after the first 50 pounds.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I started at 254! Size 20 shirts and 22 - 24 pants (AU sizing). I'm now a 16 shirt in most things and a 18 in pants! I just broke into onederland :)
  • ghettoluvly777
    ghettoluvly777 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago so far and my beginning weight was 295 and just in 2 weeks so far I am at 286.

Feel free to add me to keep up with my success.
  • ereach4731
    ereach4731 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    From the time I was 12 years old (200 lbs) until about age 29 (about 270lbs) I was a size 18/20. There was a brief period in there were I went from 235lbs and a size 18/20 to 220 lbs and could wear a size 14/16 on top, 18/20 on bottom. I think this is b/c I was just beginning to go to the gym and really toned some muscles.

In May 2012 I weighed about 289 lbs and realized when I pulled my summer clothes out for vacation that I clearly was busting out of my 18/20s and had to go up to a 22/24. I started losing around Thanksgiving and I'm now 271.8 lbs. I thought for sure I would be back into my 18/20s, but no such luck. Most 24s are too big, and 22s are still snug.

My point is that I get your frustration! Our bodies do what they want and they change as we go up and come back down. It's hard to predict. I'm 5'5" and hoping that by the time I"m 250 lbs, I'll be back into 18/20s. Interesting that you are 250 now and expected to be 14/16. How tall are you?
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1, started at 276 and am down to 272. I can't wait to start going down in sizes! (Although I'm sure it won't happen fast, since I have a booty.)
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started around 286 and am down 37 pounds. I used to wear 24/26 and am now in 18/20.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Different brand jeans, and even different colors, seem to vary so much! Also, if you were a tight 20-22, and now your jeans are loose, technically, you probably are the lower size now. I've gotten so used to my jeans being loose, that I hate wearing jeans that are tighter than I'm used to now.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    How can you upload pics on the here?
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must have no muscle at all! Reading some of these posts where the ladies are the same height as me or shorter, but are heavier than me and a smaller size, makes me really feel like a tub of lard! I am 5'5, 283lbs, and a size 26. I'm guessing these ladies have some muscle that must make them weigh more, whereas I'm just all fat :(

Back in HS I was 150-155 pounds and a size 15/16, still a big size for a short person.
  • dianebpotter
    Options
    Hi, Congrats on your weight loss. I lost 70 pounds two years ago and was 310 and went to 230 and was in a size 14 (tight ). I lose more weight on the bottom half and not as much on the top half . It is very frustrating.. I have started over as I gained it back due to a stressful job and no healthy food in site in the place. I started this year at 291 and am down 19 pounds so far and can feel my current 18/20 getting loser. So I agree with some of the other posters measure yourself, but don't let it get you discouraged.. Your doing awesome :)
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    How strange. I weighed 285, I'm 6'2 and I wore a size 24. Interesting how differently people can be shaped at the same weight. I went down to a 22 after 20lbs of loss. Are you working out? This will make you drop a size a LOT faster.
  • bethanykf
    Options
    I'm 256 at the moment and in a size 24. I wish I could wear a 20! My problem is a very large butt... and I have to buy xx2 tops because I have such a large chest. I'll probably never get below a 14 - I've always had quite a booty no matter what weight I am. :p
  • funnymum1995
    funnymum1995 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I cud i add you, really need the support =(, i am now 240lbs, seems to be sticking no matter what i do, anyone else out there who can help, luv to have sm friends. Have lost 28lbs, started on mpp this week. Pleeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz people need the support, thanks in advance.
  • RoseRyanUpdegroveKing
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hang in there I am also 5ft 51/2, I weighed 278 when I began too (a size 26).. I am down to 187, and a size 14. It does take time, and you will get there... MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS 135!:flowerforyou:
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    I started at 281 and am down to 263. I wear 22 in pants but those are feeling loose. Haven't tried on a smaller size yet. 24/26 in shirts and those are starting to fit looser as well.
  • ambermason1206
    ambermason1206 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im Amber just started to days ago and am really unsure of myself at this point. Im so impressed with the support and the level of success. I have gained a hundred pounds in five years. I dont look or feel like me anymore. I know I need incouragement and hope I too can be an inspiration one day!
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to get out of PLUS SIZE clothes!! They SUCK and are not as cute and way more expensive!

Amen. Amen. Amen!!

Totally agree! I can not wait for the day that I can walk in to a store and not head for the plus size department.... oh the freedom and choice... It will be a great day!!!

Keep up the great work ladies, that day will arrive for us all :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!