I'm 5'0" and eat 1500 calories. My story of weight loss.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Great read for me when I get back to exercise. Still struggling with the last 5lbs and of course consistency!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    bookmark for later reading...
    I am glad that finally someone said the truth, not simply judging other "you are not losing because you are eating more than you think...".

thank you ~:flowerforyou:
  • crestfallen2983
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiring advice, everyone!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    good post. i think you would have helped loads of people today
  • heathereve2102
    heathereve2102 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great post. I'm 5ft3 (5ft 21/2 if you ask my boyfriend!) and had been eating 1200 cals and was still hungry so have now upped it to 1400 gross and feeling much happier with this.
  • purple1220
    purple1220 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I wish that I had seen this when I started MFP 6 weeks ago!

I'm 5'2", SW 150, CW 144, GW 120. I put in all of my presets and blindly followed MFP for a while, which put me at 1200. I noticed I was starting to plateau a bit after losing some initial weight, so I did a bit of research on TDEE and found that I should probably be somewhere in the 1400-1500 ballpark. Basically, I've added some sunflower seeds, a banana, and a protein bar to what I normally eat. It's too early to say whether or not it's going to make any progress, but I definitely feel better and less "spacey". My muscle aches have gone away, and I feel much more alert and motivated to continue my routine. Yay for more calories! :-)
  • heathereve2102
    heathereve2102 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great post. I'm 5ft3 (5ft 21/2 if you ask my boyfriend!) and had been eating 1200 cals and was still hungry so have now upped it to 1400 gross and feeling much happier with this.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey for 6 1/2 months. I am 5'2". I started at 1500. Stayed there for six weeks, but I was losing too fast. Went to 1600. Only stayed there a couple of weeks because I was still losing too fast. Went to 1800. Stayed there for a while, eventually deciding to try 2000. It was a bit scary, but I've been there now for quite a while, and I'm still losing. I know I would not be able to eat this much without exercise, which really helps.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    great post. BUMP for later
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to eat back your exercise calories, that's why people are so hungry! I'm at 1200 calories, too...BUT I EAT back my exercise calories.... So I end up eating about 1400-1500 calories, but still netting 1200. No one ever clarifies if they are netting 1200 or grossing...big difference.