Wait, Manti Te’o dead girlfriend story was a hoax?

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    eek7.gif
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    this is unreal. this could be one of the craziest sports related stories we will ever hear.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I don't even follow sports (like, seriously, I'm the most clueless about sports EVER) and I'm like :noway:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    If it's true, it's totally facked up.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    :noway:
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    I saw this on Deadspin's twitter feed. Just when you think you've seen it all...
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    On espn radio, they just brought up that it's now possible that the girlfriend might have existed. It's just that it was an online relationship and they never actually met. Obviously, he's embarrassed about it.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    yeah i dont think he know to much of it his friend set it up. He is still a good player
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    two words: Johnny. Football.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Why in the heck would he do that, do you think it was to get an edge on Heisman voting. Kid is sick.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Ha ha

He is the greatest troll ever
  • Laces_0ut
    yeah i dont think he know to much of it his friend set it up. He is still a good player

his friend set it up and he just went along with the hoax? wow.

i would not want this guy on my team thats for sure. he seems mentally unstable.
  • mateo57505
    mateo57505 Posts: 83 Member
    Lance Armstrong is really happy right now that this story has been uncovered!!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    I'm thinking his friend had a serious gay crush on him.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Notre Dame claims that Manti was duped. Hmm... Will be fun to see how this plays out.
  • Laces_0ut
    Notre Dame claims that Manti was duped. Hmm... Will be fun to see how this plays out.

ESPN is running an old interview with him right now where he says "she's the most beautiful woman that i ever met". "love of my life" etc..

of course he will try to say by "met" he meant met online or something.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member

Yeah. I remember the interview with his dad and how he said she came to Hawaii to visit him several times...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Whoa!!
    What if Te'o is having relations with Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and this is his way of covering it up?
  • that *kitten* cray
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    I'm going to have to fire up the Google, because I have NO idea what you're talking about!