Struggling to lose any weight :(

Options
13»

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm doing different exercises: work out videos that are low impact to moderate aerobics, elliptical, toning exercises.

I'm eating more healthy and less fast food. I'm not going crazy healthy though. I need more water and fruits and veggies for sure.

There is no such thing as toning. Do high intensity running and eat more protein and less everything else.

Muscle Toning Exercises | LIVESTRONG.COM

No need to be a jerk.

THAT wasn't the post that sounded like they were trying to be a jerk to me! Perhaps they meant toning exercises don't work. There are pictures of unicorns and fairies on the internet, doesn't mean they are real :flowerforyou:
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Eat more and lift heavy weights.

In order to increase your metabolism you need to increase your lean muscle and the only way to do that is to lift heavy weights and eat more (max out on protein).

Are you weighing all the food you eat? Kitchen scale for solids and measuring cups/spoons for liquids? A kitchen scale is a must! For example, I have protein powder that says one scoop is a serving and one scoop is 34g. ONe scoop is actually 40g. Another example is with pre packaged foods that you eat all of... I have protein bars that say they are 70g on the package... they are actually 78g. You could be eating a lot more than you think or a lot less than you think you are.

Weight, measure and log every single bite. Ensure you log the mayo on your sandwich, the cream/sugar in your coffee/tea, etc.

Interesting. I lost 75 lbs in 6 months and didnt lift a single weight. i did run, though.

You sure can lose weight without lifting any weights... I have done it before.

You just end up (normally, not everyone) "skinny fat" as you lose some muscle along with your fat and water weight loss.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I'm doing different exercises: work out videos that are low impact to moderate aerobics, elliptical, toning exercises.

I'm eating more healthy and less fast food. I'm not going crazy healthy though. I need more water and fruits and veggies for sure.

There is no such thing as toning. Do high intensity running and eat more protein and less everything else.

No need to be a jerk.

THAT wasn't the post that sounded like they were trying to be a jerk to me! Perhaps they meant toning exercises don't work. There are pictures of unicorns and fairies on the internet, doesn't mean they are real :flowerforyou:

Heavy lifters just hate the word 'toning'. It makes their skin crawl whenever a woman says she wants to 'tone up', and they feel the need to be snarky.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

No need to be a jerk.

Heavy lifters just hate the word 'toning'. It makes their skin crawl whenever a woman says she wants to 'tone up', and they feel the need to be snarky.

The heaviest thing I lift is a fork to my mouth and I don't like the word toning!
  • Storm2685
    Options
    bump