Poptarts

Options

Replies

• derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    TOASTER STRUDELs are the bomb...I used to eat them frozen becasue I loved them so much...and who didn't eat the frosting once it thawed right from the plastic? lol
  • mdyorston
    mdyorston Posts: 158
    Options
    pop-tarts, I love my pop-tarts....they make me happppyyy when skies are gray...you'll never know dear how much I love you....so please don't take my pop-tarts away...............................:love:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM Poptarts.............................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Your point?

INGREDIENTS: WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, WATER, FLAKED WHEAT, SUGAR, YEAST, WHEAT GLUTEN, WHEAT BRAN, SALT, CORNMEAL, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, PRESERVATIVES (CALCIUM PROPIONATE, SORBIC ACID), GUAR GUM, DATEM, CITRIC ACID, MALTODEXTRIN, ALGIN, SOY LECITHIN, SOY FLOUR*.

That is from a Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel.

Was anybody suggesting Thomas Bagels were "wholesome"?

Ingredients in the homemade roll I just ate:

Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast

Granted, the Flour's ingredients are: UNBLEACHED HARD SPRING WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED
    BARLEY FLOUR (A NATURAL YEAST FOOD), NIACIN (A B VITAMIN),
    REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN
    (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID (A B VITAMIN).

King Arthur Bread Flour ROCKS!!!
    You were implying that poptarts are not healthy. I showed you the ingredients from something that is considered healthy.

Now, please leave this epic thread.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Bro ur gunna eat toster stroodel? u gunna get fat as fuk bro. all them shugary carbs gonna make insulins go a lot. bro

Poptarts don't make people fat. People who eat at a caloric surplus get fat. Food isn't to blame. Poptarts are okay in moderation.

I wasn't serious. It's upsetting that people actually say things like that and people believe them.

When you hear bro 3 times you must laugh and ignore ;-) But some people will believe anything.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i drove to the store at 9PM last night and bought a box of pop tarts because of this thread. :drinker:

24853504.jpg

PS... OP obviously works for Kellogg's and was using that reverse-psychology voodoo magic on us.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    its hard to pick one or the other? pop tarts have many different flavors then the strudels. i like poptarts cold and the strudels have to be warm.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Have you read the ingredients?

Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Palm Oil, Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Maltodextrin, Corn Starch, Modified Corn Starch, Dry Yeast, Salt, Dextrose, Whey, Blueberry Puree, Egg Yolk, Baking Powder (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Mono and Diglycerides, Propylene Glycol Monoesters of Fatty Acids, Preservatives (Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, TBHQ), Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Polysorbate 60, Colored with (Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Artificial Color), Locust Bean Gum, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Glycerin, Sucralose.[2]

HFCS
    http://drhyman.com/blog/conditions/5-reasons-high-fructose-corn-syrup-will-kill-you/

I don't put anything in my mouth I couldn't make myself.

Oh my dear you are missing out on all kinds if fun things!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like both.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Have you read the ingredients?

Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Palm Oil, Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Maltodextrin, Corn Starch, Modified Corn Starch, Dry Yeast, Salt, Dextrose, Whey, Blueberry Puree, Egg Yolk, Baking Powder (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Mono and Diglycerides, Propylene Glycol Monoesters of Fatty Acids, Preservatives (Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, TBHQ), Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Polysorbate 60, Colored with (Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Artificial Color), Locust Bean Gum, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Glycerin, Sucralose.[2]

HFCS
    http://drhyman.com/blog/conditions/5-reasons-high-fructose-corn-syrup-will-kill-you/

I don't put anything in my mouth I couldn't make myself.

did somebody say Gwar?

up-2GWAR.jpg
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    i drove to the store at 9PM last night and bought a box of pop tarts because of this thread. :drinker:

24853504.jpg

PS... OP obviously works for Kellogg's and was using that reverse-psychology voodoo magic on us.
    You have done good my son.
  • EdwarddeVere
    Options
    Let me guess... They can kill you
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    Wait, did I MISS SOMETHING? Are these a new MFP style snack..? They look sooo good,
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love toaster scramblers.......:smokin:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a poptart in years, but now you guys are making me want some..

Must go to store later and buy smore poptarts..
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i love toaster strudels and pop tarts, but pop tarts are way better. They have seasonal ones out right now like frosted sugar cookie, gingerbread and frosted pumpkin pie. SERIOUSLY. they are amazing
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how the Topic is Poptarts but you are on team Strudel, I personally vote for poptarts because I :heart: them :wink: This thread has made me very happy & I would like to thank-you for it. Most of you especially the OP cracked me up! This weekend I shall be buying smore poptarts, hershey chocolate bars & marshmallows, that will be the only thing I eat for the day lol :smokin: better then sex! bahahah
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    lkj_zpse46c469c.jpg
    =) drooling
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    That picture is just beautiful, I could cry. *wipes a tear*
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options