Have you found a "diet" that worked for you?

Options
I'm a firm believer in eating well and exercising, and the only real diet I have tried was the SlimFast back when I was a teenager. Personally I don't believe in things like WeightWatchers, SlimmingWorld, Dukan or anything.

But for some people it really works! :-) Do you find that you stick well to a certain diet plan? If so, what is it about the plan that makes it easier for you to maintain?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    When losing weight, I stick to a reasonable calorie deficit. I don't cut out foods or follow diet plans, but I do try to limit portions and work in more green things.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I have switched to a plant based diet. Mostly veggies, sprouted beans & lentils, grains. As a former eat red meat till you get meat sweats, I have made a pretty good transition.

I've also noticed that my food choices have gone though the roof - there are many more veggie choices out there than available kinds of meat, so I never get bored! Plus it's hard to go over your calorie budgets if you're not eating processed all the time.

All my cravings stopped on the 6th day.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. Wish I came upon it sooner
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Whole 30 - with low-no oxalate foods, cuts out most things that make us chubby!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    For me the answer is easy.

Not a diet but MFP, I track everything and exercise.

Lost 2lbs a week consistently since I started.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I found "Master your Metabolism" by Jillian Michaels a good introduction to a healthy way of eating.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Low carbing helped me reset my metabolism and sweet tooth (and sense of true hunger) now I eat anything and everything in moderation. I make sure that I hit my protein target and the rest just falls where it may.
  • Burdo70
    Burdo70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, are you able to have a look at my program since 7/1/13 and let me know if I should be doing anything different or more of a particular thing please?

I want to lose weight but mainly from the stomach and chest/breast area.

I started at 93-94kg and this morning weighed in at 90.6kg.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work. Calorie deficits do.
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    South Beach Diet!!!
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    A slight calorie deficit and exercise.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Don't fall for any diet that eliminates food groups. Eat lean protein, vegetables, fruits, low-fat dairy, whole grain carbs. Drink lots of water. What I am doing is following a diabetic diet plan of counting food exchanges. This is the only diet that will work for me. I lost 55 pounds on it when I first started.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    A slight calorie deficit and exercise.

This^^
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. Wish I came upon it sooner
    IF is not a diet.
  • Spartacus31
    Spartacus31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Forks over Knives not a diet but a lifestyle
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I need to have a meal plan.

Honestly, I'm only just getting used to what is healthy and what isn't and even what has hidden nasties like sugar or salt. I applaud the people who can just whip up something healthy and delicious on the spur of the moment. I need to research into recipes and plan out what I'm going to eat way in advance.
    I totally crave routine too, so it tends to be the same things.
    But it helps with logging and also saving money. I know exactly what I need and when I need to buy it and it always costs the same :smile:

I suppose it's a little boring but it's educating me slowly but surely :happy:
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet or a lifestyle either. I intermittently fast with a five hour eating window at night.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Diets dont work because they are temporary changes. When you go back to eating your normal way you will gain it all back. Its about a lifestyle change. I eat anything I want but maintain my calories. I log before I eat and if I run out of calories at noon I either have to work out or I'm done for the day. I monitor calories, fat, carbs, proteins and sugars. I'm never hungrybecause I pack snack size portions to eat throughout the day.
  • RonandDi
    RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider it a diet, and time will tell if I can sustain it, but just keeping track of my calorie intake and exercise has worked so far. I haven't cut out anything, I eat the same things I did before, just not as much of it.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes do.