Have you found a "diet" that worked for you?

Options

Replies

• kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yes everyday I eat the same thing boring yes but I DO log my meals every day before I eat them, I then adjust as when if I need to that way you can play around with your cals per day if you need to to make sure Im not over - if I have something I dont normally eat I lose something on my food till make it add up. Weekends are diffierant I eat what I want as long as its not too much - everything in moderation!! And yes if I over indulge at the weekend I drop my cals in the week to make up for it.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Slimming World & MFP x
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Low carb works for me. It's not a diet, though. From everything I've read, if I stop I will probably gain everything back. So even when I hit goal weight I plan to stay low carb. Sorry pigsies and cowsies, but unless I find a way to go low carb vegetarian, I'm going to have to keep eating you!
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    For the last four months my diet has been MFP.

Previously I tried low carb and it did work for me twice before. The reason I always stop is because I love my bread and Pasta so the temptation soon comes back. Also everyone was commenting on how sad I looked all the time so I think subconsiously I felt like I was missing out.

I have also tried weightwatchers for a while but stopped when the propoints was introduced. I don't think I could go back to it now and I find myfitnesspal so much simpler.

Out of both diets, I think low carb worked better for me long term than weightwatchers as I had an improvement in skin as I cut out diet coke and just drank water all the time. I now weight less than I did when I was on low carb but I noticed my hips and stomach looked so much better during my lowcarb days.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    A slight calorie deficit and exercise.

This^^

^^ Again, this
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    A slight calorie deficit and exercise.
    and again.

Although, I've heard that if you mix up raspberry ketones, green coffee extract, and use body by vi powders with your nutribullet, the weight just disappears....

• cot101
    cot101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anything works if you stick to it - WeightWatchers and Atkins have both shed wight for me. Unfortunately, as everyone else has said, it's about keeping to the routine and keeping it off.

If now found that 5:2 fasting works and it looks like it may be easier to stick to in the long term...... no weeks of denial or cravings. You can always have food tomorrow. Or if you screw up a fast, there is always tomorrow.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    low carb, high protein, calorie defecit with one high carb cheat day a week
  • supermoo2
    Options
    Anything works if you stick to it - WeightWatchers and Atkins have both shed wight for me. Unfortunately, as everyone else has said, it's about keeping to the routine and keeping it off.

If now found that 5:2 fasting works and it looks like it may be easier to stick to in the long term...... no weeks of denial or cravings. You can always have food tomorrow. Or if you screw up a fast, there is always tomorrow.
    True - but important to remember to stay away from the fad diets
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have been in this for over 2 weeks now. i believe its watching your calories and exercising. i did add a diet supplement to give me energy.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The maker's diet by Jordan S Rubin works well for me. I can eat as much on the approved foods as I want to and no calorie counting. the last time I was on it I lost 40 pounds in 40 days. I went from 250 down to 210. I am on it now so I look to reach my goal weight with it.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's called "not a diet". I eat lesser portions, healthier food and I move more. And wall-la the weight comes off.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    40/30/30 Carbs, protein, fats. Whole grains, lotta leafy greens, all the meat, greek yogurt, nuts and their butters, cupcakes...
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Balancing my macros to 40/30/30 or 40/25/35, in that range, has been the thing that works for me when it coincides with a calorie deficit. My food digests better, my body feels better, and I get my nutrients.

Right now, I'm trying to build lean muscle, so I'm eating more. Being on MFP and reading up on that has been great.

When I do decide to lose the weight and lean back out, then I will kick start everything with intermittent fasting.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Tracking my food intake (i.e. MFP), knowing my TDEE, eating at a small deficit and hitting my protein goals.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    What "works for me" is

making a shift to eating as much non-processed whole foods as I can without being obsessed over it.
    Reducing dairy (that was more for bloating & stomach issues thatn weight control)
    I eat lots of fruit, veggies & lean meats.
    Occasionally I'll eat pasta or rice.
    I snack heavily on trail mix & nuts.
    I don't drink pop, and almost never drink juice or other liquid calories.(except good beer)
    I find when following this way of eating, I have no need to count calories to maintain my weight. I eat when I'm hungry.
  • Roxymellish
    Options
    i also dont believe in those kind of diets either, personally i think eating well and exercising regularly is a good long term way of losing weight and keeping it off. its a way of life rather than a short term solution. i do allow myself treats in moderation so dont feel like i am stopping myself from enjoying food.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    my daily in take consist of chicken, organic fat free cottage cheese ( THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE WITH ORGANIC COTTAGE CHEESE AND REGULAR - IT UNBELIEVABLE, i buy the kind from trader joes), cheese, veggies, fish, extra lean turkey, beans, organic brown rice pasta, wild rice, fruit, green tea and occasionally coffee with real raw sugar - hey this diet works for me , i love it! may not work for everybody , but it works for me!!!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Yes I do Weight Watchers unlike most people who dont understand it I eat all my own food cut out nothing but eat so much healthier. I did calorie counting and just would watch calories and never anything else. Weight Watchers teaches me to look at everything and it works for me. Before I had kids I lost 80 pounds on WW in a year and kept it off for 5 years. Then I got pregnant and lost it all on WW again no problem. Then after my son and my dad passing I did not care about what I ate and just ate and now I am back on WW losing it and realizing when a close family member passes it is not worth going to food to help my pain!
    I dont consider WW a diet its a lifestyle and I had no issues keeping my weight off till I had my 2nd child and did not care lol
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've never really followed a diet plan to be honest. I do watch what I eat but I don't have a gallbladder I really do not have not much of a choice but to reduce dramatically or even cut out most fatty or fried foods. I just stick to foods that make me feel good and avoid the ones that make me feel not well, tired, etc.
    Also I am the most boring person when it comes to food, I basically eat the same things every day so I don't stress a whole lot on counting the calories.