What to eat for breakfast and will fill you up

Options

Replies

• fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    After reading this:

http://www.healthygreenkitchen.com/one-simple-change-a-proper-breakfast-and-an-ochazuke-recipe.html

I've started having ochazuke (brown rice with green tea) and sardines in tomato sauce, olive oil was a bit greasy.

I have it after the gym, did try before but find it hard to exercise on a full stomach.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Berry smoothie made with raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, some milk or yogurt, dash of apple juice and protein powder.

Chorizo, onion and chilli omlette.

Porridge with honey and fresh berries.

Sooooooo hungry right now...
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem which is why I eat breakfast as late as possible.

Usually ar ound 12-1 pm

Then it's eggs, broccoli, salmon, maybe some sweet potatoe too if I'm training.
  • CharlyBravo
    Options
    I have Peanut butter and sliced Banana on toast (crustless bread and half a banana) keeps me full till and beyond lunchtime or on the weekends when i have more time Poached egg and marmite on toast yum yum
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    20g oats
    80ml water
    60ml milk
    1 peeled, cored, chopped apple

Nuke in m/wave for 2 minutes.

I add cinnamon and sugar free syrup once its cooked.
  • talilakay2
    talilakay2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 large hard boiled eggs
    2 slices of wholegrain bread, with either natural peanut butter or marmite

Keeps me full most of the morning.
  • dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning is 1 scoop protein powder, 2 tabl flax ground, and then fruits. Lots and lots of fruits. I use almond milk for my liquid. I put it in a blender bottle and sip it over the course of about 2 hours. Keeps me beyond full until lunchtime.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I started making these almond flour muffins: http://www.elanaspantry.com/ratio-rally-quick-breads/

They're about 211 cals per muffin, 9g protein, 8g carbs, 16g fat (the good kind). I pair them with greek yogurt and berries. It's pretty filling until lunch (about 5 hours from bfast).
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I just had two double cheeseburgers with no bread and feta for the cheese, a side of onions and some mustard and chili powder. I doubt I will eat again today. Yes, my stomach is made of iron.

Steak is good, too. Ribeye is nice and fatty and full of protein and will keep you going awhile.

Three or four eggs scrambled, turned into an omelet with onions, mushrooms, and peppers, or fried will keep me going pretty much all day, too.
  • pennysaurus
    pennysaurus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bowl of oatmeal and 1 or 2 eggs - breakfast of champions :-)
  • mwownbey
    Options
    I love Chobani yogurt. It has a lot of protein so seems to hold me for several hours. If I do get alittle hunger I try to eat a piece of string cheese or fruit with peanut butter. Any type of protein should hold you. There are lots of great suggestions on here.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    CARBS!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    A grilled chicken breast with either a handful of nuts or some cheese and your favorite fruit.
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just had a Ghiradelli brownie with fat free reddi whip and Sumatra coffee........
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a large omlete (2 eggs) with bacon (about 1 slice, crumbled) and lots of cheese and veggies.

I've tried oatmeal but it does not stick with me for very long.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Protein is definitely the key for me. Also a little fat and some fiber helps, too.

I like eggs - 1 whole, a few whites and one slice of whole grain toast - yum
    Or one egg, a little bacon, on whole grain toast.
    A smoothie or protein shake.
    Protein bar when I am running late (ThinkThin chunky pb flavor - 20 g of protein)
    Greek yogurt mixed with a little high fiber cereal or fruit.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I like to make this:

http://www.sohowsittaste.com/2012/06/blueberry-raspberry-baked-oatmeal.html

I make a pan on the weekend and then portion it out into individual servings and it's ready to go through the week. It heats up pretty nicely, and it's a good way to get an extra serving of fruit into my daily intake.
  • mnlewis33
    Options
    My breakfast begins with

4 Egg Whites scrambled with chopped grilled chicken, broccoli or spinach and a touch of fat free cheese. On some occasions if I feel I need to add some carbs to that I will add instant oatmeal as a side.
  • Live_To_Kayak
    Options
    I usually have an O.N, casein protein shake. It keeps me full until lunch and only provides 120 calories.
  • nickkiluv
    Options
    I eat 2 boiled eggs with hot sauce and a piece of fruit. An apple is good because it has lots of fiber and takes longer to chew. I also have a cup of skim milk with chocolate syrup in it. Loading up on protein will help you feel fuller longer.