Weird concoctions you love?

Options

Replies

• Plume
    Plume Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don’t remember ever eating sandwiches as weird as you guys mention! But, a guy I know likes peanut butter and bacon sandwiches! And, my boyfriend puts mayo in his hot chicken sandwiches…

With Kashi Go Lean Crunch, I usually add plain yogurt and a sliced banana or blueberries. Very yummy, especially since these cereals stay crunchy for a long time!

A healthy snack I enjoy: Mix cottage cheese with shredded carrots and celery and a bit of salsa. Serve on whole-grain crackers.

A treat: chocolate yogurt - mix plain yogurt with Quik chocolate syrup! I too mix yogurt with almost anything! I just gotta try that banana PB squished together with yogurt!

Deconstructed Sheppard’s pie: brown ground beef with diced onions, add corn and brown sauce. Serve with mashed or squashed potatoes. I like to “mix” stuff in my plate and I do this with this meal, mix the potatoes with the meat-sauce mixture… very yummy (but not that healthy!

That’s all the weird stuff I can think of for now…!:ohwell:
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    apples and peanut butter. one of my fav snacks. came up with it when i ran out of bananas for my usual bananas and peanut butter. haha

I've been eating this since i was a child!! Delicious!!
  • Crawline
    Options
    Uhm...I like white rice with soya sauce and sour cream....weird. One day I just wanted sour cream and rice and soya sauce, so i put them all together...its not too bad, I can't eat it very often...but I think its delicious when I do.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Ham and peanut butter sandwiches!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    As a kid we used to make reeses sandwiches for a special treat

2 slices white bread (no crust!0 what kid likes crust
    peanut butter on both sides
    squirt hershey syrup on peanut butter
    put together and enjoy!!!!

yummy!!!!!

and sometimes we would add marshmallows too!!!!!!

not healthy but it was oh so good!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    on the healthy side I like a little peanut butter and sugar free jelly in my oatmeal. On the unhealthy side I like raisin bread peanut butter and grape jelly with a thick slice of red onion sandwhich. (its a sweet and sour kind of thing.):tongue:
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    where do I begin

some unhealthy combo's I've done in the past
    fries in big mac sauce, which you can actually order by itself
    and way back used to do gnocchi with semi dried tomatos, spring onions mushrooms and port with cheese

some super weird ones

vegemite on tomato (by itself) occasionally with avocado
    *suggested by a friend sultanas dipped in vegemite - weirdest thing I've ever eaten
    vegemite and peanut butter sandwich
    potato and vegemite sandwich

and some fun stuff I eat thats a tad weird these days
    kidney beans, corn kernals, sliced mushrooms and salsa eaten in lettuce

apple and celery salad

grated fresh beetroot with alfalfa and other stringy green type veggies

diced cucumber and tomato with diced canned beetroot

apparently eating baby corn from the can either alone or dipped in salsa is thought weird by some

thats bout it off the top of my head, being a dieting vegan time poor student does tend to make you eat weird stuff, but it works for me :)
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    on the healthy side I like a little peanut butter and sugar free jelly in my oatmeal. On the unhealthy side I like raisin bread peanut butter and grape jelly with a thick slice of red onion sandwhich. (its a sweet and sour kind of thing.):tongue:

WITH A SLICE OF RED ONION?!?! Oh my goodness. I don't know what to think about that. haha! I must give it a try some time.

And your puppy is adooooorable! Your pictures make me miss my Jess. She was a chocolate. I had to put her to sleep last year. Very old with bad hips. She couldn't get around anymore & it got to the point where I couldn't keep her comfortable. But at least she had a long good life and was happy up to the very end. :brokenheart:
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    cabbage+mayo+diced apple salad

grated carrot+mayo+raisin salad (I got very weird looks when I made this with salad bar ingredients in a Vermont university cafeteria, hehe)

chopped steamed pumpkin (Japanese kabocha)+mayo (kewpie mayo)+raisin+sliced/chopped almonds+brown sugar (Discovered this one in Shizuoka, Japan at a supermarket. Immediately bought it again the next time it was on sale. Made sure to read the ingredients the second time and then duplicated it at home when kabocha went on sale. Totally filling and satisfies a sweet craving.)

Yes, there's mayo in all of those. But just don't overload it. And maybe use light mayo. Except I'm not sure how that would taste with the kabocha salad.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I saw a commerical for what looked to be the grossest looking hamburger ever. It had a hamburger patty, cheese, a fried egg, and bacon. I about threw up just looking at it on the tv.

OMG, no offense, but that sounds delicious to me! :laugh:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

Bologna-cheese-mustard-potato chip sandwich. Potato chips IN the sandwich. It crunches!

I love you more every day :love: This was my FAVORITE THING growing up. Is it an Ohio thing?

Plain shredded wheat dipped in vanilla yogurt tastes like a waffle cone!

Can't be an Ohio thing. I grew up in Idaho and it was my favorite thing as a kid too. Heck, who am I kidding. I did that at a picnic last year! haha.

This bologna concoction is apparently is a "Kid" thing, rather than regional. I recall a friend when I was about 10, living here in Washington state who made such a creation for me and pronounced it her favorite. I can't recall if I liked it then, but I would not be likely to try it now as I avoid processed meat because of the nitrates, but maybe the same idea with nitrate free ham would be interesting, and the vanilla yogurt and shredded wheat sounds good to.

The best chips to use was Nacho Doritos.

I totally agree with Doritos! I so want a sandwich right now. lol

My weird concoction is steamed white rice and thousand island dressing. Delicious!

You are ALL wrong. Ruffles are the best. Especially if you substitute ranch dressing for the mustard & mayo.

(is there any wonder I'm this fat?! haha.)

YES YES YES. I'm a HUGE fan of Ranch dressing, and Ruffles chips in sandwiches, both together is the ULTIMATE. :love:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I saw a commerical for what looked to be the grossest looking hamburger ever. It had a hamburger patty, cheese, a fried egg, and bacon. I about threw up just looking at it on the tv.

OMG, no offense, but that sounds delicious to me! :laugh:

I think it was at Bob Evens.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

WITH A SLICE OF RED ONION?!?! Oh my goodness. I don't know what to think about that. haha! I must give it a try some time.

And your puppy is adooooorable! Your pictures make me miss my Jess. She was a chocolate. I had to put her to sleep last year. Very old with bad hips. She couldn't get around anymore & it got to the point where I couldn't keep her comfortable. But at least she had a long good life and was happy up to the very end. :brokenheart:
    his name is Bodi. He is just a big love dog. I get a complete fash washin' every morning when I wake up. He is so happy to see me awake.
  • Crawline
    Options
    oooOOOoooo Triscuits with cream cheese and a dill pickle slice on top is delish too!

I like triscuits with cream cheese and green pimento olives.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE triscuits and dill pickles with a slice of cheese OR triscuits and salmon flavored cream cheese. And I can only have the salmon cream cheese on triscuits, it just doesn't taste good on anything else
  • Crawline
    Options

his name is Bodi. He is just a big love dog. I get a complete fash washin' every morning when I wake up. He is so happy to see me awake.

Is he a pure bred yellow lab??
    I have one, his name is Kona. He's 5 and he just loves - I don't think he knows any other emotion - haha. His whole butt wiggles when he wags his tail, and is always full of love and energy!!!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I LOVE breakfast burgers, have you ever tried one? They're actually DELICIOUS!!!!!

Now, about Pizza in a little town I lived in for a few years, in central Germany...... pizza was topped with all the normal toppings, pizza sauce, onions, olives, peppers, pepperoni, sausage, etc.... but their combination pizza came with ANCHOVIES, TUNA, and THREE WHOLE EGGS, CRACKED RAW OVER THE TOP, COOKED BY THE HEAT OF THE PIZZA, just out of the oven. :sick:

THAT I could never try.... or smell...... not for me! :huh: :laugh:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    There's a pizza place near where I live that has a "Cheese Fries" pizza on their menu... crust, pizza sauce, french fries and cheese whiz....
    I can't decide if it sounds nasty or good :laugh:
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    There is a pizza place in my parent's home town that is a little different. You get a plate and sit down and they walk different pizzas around the restaurant and you take a piece of whatever kind you want. They have weird kinds. Like hashbrown pizza, corned beef and sauerkraut, etc.
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump.. for reading later
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    OMG the best pizza I ever had was a polish sausage/feta and corn pizza... I can't describe its awesomeness.