1200 Calorie diet, SO TIRED ALL THE TIME! HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How much are you working out? Are you eating back the calories that you lost while working out? And what are you eating? I find that if I make my meals a little higher in protein and just pack lots of veggies I am fuller longer. I plan out some snacks through out the day too.
  • silky_kitten
    silky_kitten Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foodz!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    The more you do the more you need to eat, if you are working out at least 45 minutes a day then you need to eat those calories back!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Eat more.....
    yep
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE FOODZ
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-21059-1355944273-8.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Back to the OP, yes, eat more!! I was exactly in your shoes last year, and I tweaked my intake to 1,300, and then increased to 1,400-1,500. It works for me :smile:
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight, and day job? Chances are you are not eating nearly enough... try this:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 calorie a day diet as well.... supplement with exercise and eat the extra you earn.

And focus on quality (not quantity) of food, fresh is best and your body will be happy with you again!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Bummer... I am still at 1200 cal per day, my work is often physical.. and I feel great! Actually I was wayyyyyyy more tired when I ate more...
    I am still a person that needs her 10 hours sleep though :tongue:
  • Park9847
    Park9847 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else is saying about eating more - you need to make up those calories you are using up by exercising. One other thing to try as well, is to not use too many of those calories with starchy foods i.e. bread, potatoes etc...not saying don't eat them at all, but starchy foods can make your body feel tired and sluggish as well!
    Good luck!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m88yt30pgz1r4j9rwo1_500_large.gif
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat and upped my calories to 1400 and it has made a huuuuuuuge difference
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    By the way, I started on the MFP '1200 plan' too. I ate vege heavy, so didn't really suffer much hunger. Then I started reading more and more, and one day actually sat down and figured out my calorie expenditure. When I was honest with myself, I'm actually burning 2,500 to 3,000 calories a day. So even with a 1,000 calorie deficit (2 pounds a week) I should have been eating 1,500 to 2,000 calories a day.

I now float around the 2000 to 2500 calorie mark, and I'm still losing fat. I say fat because I'm not just interested in losing weight. It's the fat that's hurting me, not my muscles.

So I'll add an item 4 to my list -

1. Eat back your calories, and unless you weigh over 200 pounds, don't use the 2 pound a week weight loss goal. 1% of total body mass per week should be your max.

2. Better still, figure out your TDEE including all your workouts and everyday activity (being honest), and then eat 80% of this. Read this and follow it closely for a plan tailored to your body and your lifestyle -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

If you lose weight too quickly, you'll drop muscle as well as fat. And guess what? Muscle burns calories, and fat doesn't. So every time you lose muscle instead of fat, it gets harder to lose the fat that's left. Bringing us to...

3. Lift some weights. You don't have to go power-lifting crazy, but do some form of resistance training. You want to burn fat, not muscle. So you need to tell your body you still need those muscles.

4. Get off the scale, and get out the tape measure. Track your body fat percentage. A 150 pound person with 33% body fat is less healthy than a 200 pound person with 25% body fat. So be sure you are losing fat, not lean mass.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Been there, found this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

1200 isn't enough for most people, and likely well below your BMR.

^^^THIS. I was at 1300 calories based on what MFP calculated. I had put in light activity and goal of losing 2 lb/week. I was tired and felt yucky and like I was going to fail. Then I found the link above and I figured out that I should be closer to 1900 calories. 1700 keeps me pretty full and I'm losing weight, but I'm trying to get to 1900 as I'm working out more. GL!