5'5 to 5'6 girls!

Options

Replies

• AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is about 140-150. Lowest I've been was 130 but I was pretty thin then, and in high school. Not sure I'd really want to be that low again.
  • rochellena
    rochellena Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6ish and most happy I've been with my body was when I active in high school around 140. I was still a bit pudgy, but my basic shape was satisfying enough, so I think around that same weight with an emphasis on more muscle definition would really make me very happy. I could probably go a bit lower (125-130ish) and still be fine, but once I've gotten closer to the 140 mark (which is still a long ways off), I want to focus a lot more on body fat % than weight itself.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I've got a really small frame, guys. Thank you for your concern. <3 But I doubt I'll ever get that low, it's just something to write down.

so your food diary isnt accurate?
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    5'5" and GW is below 130
  • midnightmorgana
    Options

I've got a really small frame, guys. Thank you for your concern. <3 But I doubt I'll ever get that low, it's just something to write down.

What do you mean?
  • lthaigrrrrl
    Options
    I just had a baby 5 months ago so I'm trying to get back to my original size of 120lbs (however I realize that might not happen)

Height: 5'5.5" (i'm somewhere between 5'5" and 5'6")
    CW: 135
    GW: 120
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    Options
    I'm trying to get to around 160 lbs. That's a comfortable weight for me. The last tiem I weighed that I was a size 10. That's small enough for me.
  • cheylizbeth
    Options
    I'm 5'6", currently 130 lbs. I dont really have a goal weight. I only put 100 lbs into mfp because it asked for a goal weight. I dont want to be that skinny. I just want to lose my love handles and get a bit off my thighs. Weighing less than my fiancee would be a plus too. (He weighs 130 lbs also)
  • Kelogik
    Kelogik Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My starting weight was 230+, currently 203, and my goal weight is 150 :)
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 150 pounds, and a size 8.

I'm aiming for around 135 pounds but I care more about body fat% than the number. I'm currently around 24-25% and I'd like to get in the 16-20% range.
  • divincenzo1
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and hoping to get to 140ish. But it's not the number that matters as much to me...more how I look and feel. Please feel free to friend me...looking for more support and friends on this journey :)
  • kelsey678
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my current goal is 155. I did a body fat test with calipers and according to that, if I keep my current muscle, at 155 lbs I will be in the "lean zone". I am a curvy girl, very hourglass, and I want to keep my curves. I will get to my 155 lb goal, and then I can always set a new goal if I think I need to at that point.

Always keep in mind that nobody's body composition is the same. People with lots of muscle, dense bones, etc might weigh more than others. Track your measurements and body fat to keep your weight loss in perspective.

Good luck everyone.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6, and I think I'd like to get down to about 125lbs :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What do you mean?

just what i say. your food diary isnt accurate, as in you arent only eating what is logged in your diary?
  • krispykremes13
    Options
    I'm 5'6 - the most I've been was 160 a while back, I tend to stay around 150-152. As of now I'm down to 147 and realistically I think my body would only let me get to 143-ish. It totally depends on your body type - unless I starve myself I KNOW I'll never weigh below 140 (and look/be healthy!)
  • babysvt
    Options
    I am 5'5" and am shooting for a goal weight of 135. I will see how my body handles that weight before deciding if I need to go further. Usually when I really start working out alot I don't really take my weight into consideration because alot of times I will find that I am getting smaller but not losing weight because of the replacement of the fat with muscle. This is a very helpful post because is shows me the huge range of weights that people are trying to achieve at the same height.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5. UGW is 127- Dont ask how i got that number I just like it :smile:
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6", and my goal was 130. But after playing around on various online calculators, I'm not going to see that unless I lose a fair amount of lean body mass and have really low body fat percentage. So I guess my new goal is about 160.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and currently happy around 120, but I'm ok with gains if I put on muscle. Looking to get to 18-20% BF, and I'd kinda like to be a solid size 2 (I can squeeze into size 2 pants but they're really tight. 4s are loose though.)
  • liannesaut
    liannesaut Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5'6 here! Started at 220lbs, down to 207 since Jan 2nd! I'm really just aiming for 190 right now. After that 180 would be nice. I don't ever remember being less than 188. I was 240 was I was 13. I carry my weight pretty well, in a size 12-14 right now, so being comfortable and confident in size 10 would be really nice. Anything lower than that is icing on the cake. I guess I just do better with smaller goals, as they seem more tangible for me. I'm REALLY hoping to be around 195 by the end of February when I go to Mexico for a very belated honeymoon (five years) with my husband! I'm halfway there and have about five weeks to go - and it's only 2.5 lbs a week!