5'5 to 5'6 girls!

Options

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 currently at 140lbs and I'm looking to get down to 130 at the moment, but may change it to 120 depending on what I look like at 130 :)
  • midnightmorgana
    Options

I've got a really small frame, guys. Thank you for your concern. <3 But I doubt I'll ever get that low, it's just something to write down.

so your food diary isnt accurate?

What do you mean?

just what i say. your food diary isnt accurate, as in you arent only eating what is logged in your diary?

Oh, no, my food diary is accurate. I write everything down. I've just come out of a fast, however, so that's why it's so low. No need to worry. ^^
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    That's really pretty low for that height. Is there a reason you are shooting for that low? I'm 5'6, the lowest I would ever go (and would be extremely hard for me to get there) is 125. Generally, my "happy" weight is just under 135. (ie, can drink wine, have snacks and maintain = happy weight!)

This exactly. I'm 5'6" as well and the lowest I would even consider is 125. But with my goal being stronger, not necessarily lowest weight, I don't think I'll get there. I want muscle definition and I don't think I can be that low and still have nice muscle mass. I'm shooting for a lean 130-135 happy range.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I used to think my UGW was 125-130 but I'm not sure that's possible for me. I currently weigh ~146 (just got back from vacation and haven't touched a scale yet!), and I don't know that I can lose much more than maybe another 10 pounds before I start sacrificing some of my hard earned muscles.
    I'm not so focused on the scale anymore, but am focusing on fitness goals and cleaning up my diet for health related reasons. I figure if I can accomplish those, the results will show on the outside as well.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm just a shade under 5'6". My current goal is to not gain any weight while pregnant, and post- partum (July) my goal will be to get myself down to 150#. I can't remember the last time I weighed in at that, so, when I get there I will likely reevaluate said goal. Ideally, I'd love to be around 140, because I remember my grandmother saying that's when she looked/felt her best, and she and I are of similar build.

Good luck on your journey, OP!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Oh, no, my food diary is accurate. I write everything down. I've just come out of a fast, however, so that's why it's so low. No need to worry. ^^

yeah.... ok!
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 1/4, if you count the 1/4, and I do! LOL.

Starting weight was about 140lbs and I was just looking to lose the last of the baby weight from my 2nd child. GW was 125.

I'm now around 118-119 and I think that's on the low end of what's healthy for me, but admit I like being "skinny" enough to fit into everything I own! I am also smallish-framed and I'm a runner, though. I got down that low while training for a half marathon and am currently trying to maintain a long run base of at least 8-10 miles over the winter as I'd like to do another half this spring.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 - probably a medium build
    SW: 165 lbs
    CW: 144 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and about 115. I'm desperately trying to GAIN! I'd like to be 125 and 15% body fat. I lift heavy and eat right, but this has proven to be extremely challenging. Sigh.....
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

CW 182
    GW 145

I've been as low as 130 in my adult life but I was running marathons and dieting hard core. Don't want to work that hard again. At 145 I'm a size 6-8 and I feel great. I still have curves.
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    5'6 here. Goal is 140 and a UK size 10 (a US size 8 I think). Lowest weight I've been is 144 but I got there in a really unhealthy way so I changed up my way of thiniking after I put all the weight on. I've got about 15lbs to go since starting in June last year
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and about 115. I'm desperately trying to GAIN! I'd like to be 125 and 15% body fat. I lift heavy and eat right, but this has proven to be extremely challenging. Sigh.....

there is no way you will gain weight with a goal of 1600 cals....
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    5'6 here! Started at 220lbs, down to 207 since Jan 2nd! I'm really just aiming for 190 right now. After that 180 would be nice. I don't ever remember being less than 188. I was 240 was I was 13. I carry my weight pretty well, in a size 12-14 right now, so being comfortable and confident in size 10 would be really nice. Anything lower than that is icing on the cake. I guess I just do better with smaller goals, as they seem more tangible for me. I'm REALLY hoping to be around 195 by the end of February when I go to Mexico for a very belated honeymoon (five years) with my husband! I'm halfway there and have about five weeks to go - and it's only 2.5 lbs a week!

Great job with your loss :)
  • supergirljen
    Options
    5'5, UGW is 100ish pounds, currently 112.

there is no way that is a healthy weight, EVER. please get some help.

Agreed
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and am currently 116-118 (kinda varies), which is the lowest I have ever been. My start weight was 220.
    I am pretty happy where I am at the moment. My main focus is strength training and toning.
  • linzikerr4
    Options
    hey im 5ft 5.5" trying to get to around 140lb, hard work ahead
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm like you. I'm 5'6", but pretty muscular with a large frame. I'm shooting for 180 myself. I was that weight in high school and a solid size 12-14. I look back on those pictures and I looked pretty good.

Of course, compared to what I weigh now, any substantial loss will be a gain for my health. :)
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and hoping between 140-150. I'll see when I get there. :bigsmile:
  • limabean00
    limabean00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and I am happiest with my body at 135 pounds. I agree with TavistockToad, 100lbs is dangerously low. When I was in college I got mono and after a month weighed about 110. My friends and family all told me I looked bad, way too skinny, even sickly or skeletal.
  • raegan1215
    Options
    i'm 5'6''.

cw: 157
    gw: 130