How old is to old to get your first Tattoo??

Options

Replies

• rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Never.
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was 18, and I've gotten two more since then. Still don't regret it!! :)
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    You're never too old!
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I got my first tattoo at 18 and i'm hooked. In fact, i'm booked in for a 3 hour session at the end of the month. However, my 60+ year old father is talking about getting one. I don't think you can be too old. In fact, as you get wiser with age, i'd imagine the choices you make would be more suitable and meaningful having lived alot more than somebody my age.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm......85?

Wrong, when I had one done for charity a couple years ago there was an 85 year old woman getting her first one and when asked WHY? she said "The money goes to a good cause and if I really hate it who cares I am gonna die in 10 years anyways"

LOVE this!

Im 42 and just really started wanting one this past year - and will get one!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Tattoos don't have an expiration date!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm......85?

Wrong, when I had one done for charity a couple years ago there was an 85 year old woman getting her first one and when asked WHY? she said "The money goes to a good cause and if I really hate it who cares I am gonna die in 10 years anyways"

Love that!

I agree, never too old! When I was in a couple weeks ago, there was a little old man, looked about 80, no visible ink in the waiting room. I wondered who he was with. Then I saw, who I assumed to be his wife, getting some ink done. I thought it was so cute :D
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Your never to old. ever. simple.
  • bwaybabe25
    Options
    21 and it was a present. I don;t regret getting it but i regret placement. I am dying to get a few others.
  • GymRatToo
    GymRatToo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I own Tattoo America in Seabrook N.H. We have so many people of all age groups getting their first tattoo, or filling in their sleeve. Just make sure you KNOW who you are going to. Do Your Homework and you will be happy with your beautiful artwork ... for life~
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in 2012 and decided I wanted to get my first one. I have 2 that I definitely want to get, but one of them won't happen for a few years.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    <~~~~45 when I got my first and I plan to get at least 1 more, maybe 2.
  • GymRatToo
    GymRatToo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You've got that right! LOL
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've got three, and i got the last one when I was 55. the other ones were always hidden when I wore business attire, because of the position I had. when I retired from that job, and went into business for myself, I added a visible tat that i had wanted for years. Once I achieve my goal, I will probably treat myself to another one. I will probably be 60 when that happens!
  • Riszpiisz
    Options
    So funny that I was contemplating this just the other day! My 32nd birthday is tomorrow and I am thinking about getting a tattoo...if I can finally decide what I want by then. Good to know that if the decision takes another 10 years, I still won't be "too old"! lol
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    The day after you die is too old... There is a too young though... I feel like anything under 18 is too young... Tattoos are for life and while you can cover somethings up with newer tattoos or get them lasored off it's better to get something you will love forever and not want to cover up, change, or remove. I got my first Tattoo, an elephant on my ankle 3 years ago, I just got my bumble bee on my other ankle less than a year ago. They are addicting, fun, and (if you have a professional do them) beautiful.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
  • jacksonkenneth77
    Options
    Never, EVER, too old!!! I love the two I got and will probably get more as I can.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love the people who lack reading comprehension in this thread. :drinker:
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    when your dead...until then, go for it.