Any ideas on snacks for someone with a sweet tooth?

Options

Replies

• RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    toss a small sweet potato in tupperware.
    cover with cinnamon.
    microwave for 3-4 minutes (or more depending on size).
    open, mash, make everyone around you jealous.
    All of that win for 100 calories or so.

Need to try this!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have mixed half of a no sugar added hot chocolate packet (about 60 cals) into plain or french vanilla greek yogurt. This way you get your chocolate fix at little expense plus protein to fight other sweet tooth cravings.

Mesaure and mix your own trail mix with your favorite nuts dried fruit and chocolate chips. Store bought trail mix serving sizes can be so deceiving.

Fruit with chocolate syrup also works for me sometimes.

I usually try to allow for enough calories to have a small dessert every night, this way you don't feel like you are ever depriving yourself which results in fewer cravings over all.

Cooking Light has some great lighter dessert recipes, usually they just use less sugar and butter and cream rather than replacing with artificial sweetners.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I was craving sweets earlier and and had homemade dehydrated apple slices and they worked.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Fruit and 100 calorie snack packs
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Stripper cake is full of sugar but has no calories.
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have to have chocolate from time to time. I like the 100 calorie fudge stripe cookies and chocolate fat-free pudding snack packs!
  • Ginsey31
    Options
    Fruit helps curb those cravings for me. I saw one person mention sweet potato. That is great and carrots are surprisingly sweet when cooked.

One really awesome thing to keep in mind, is that the longer you can go without eating the super sweet stuff, the less you seriously crave it. Your taste will also change a bit so that fruits and some of the sweeter veggies will seem sweeter and the really sugary stuff will be overpoweringly sweet.
  • Hoebilly
    Options
    Ughh, I have the same problem, SUCH a sweet tooth. I really like popsicles, they are cold and delish and something like 40 cals! They also have these new popsicles with frozen yogurt, I got some of the creamsicle variety in cotton candy and watermelon and OMG, sooo good. And dark chocolate is actually good for you and your heart (in moderation) at higher cocoa content levels, so you are totally justified in having a square or 2 a day!
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    Pink & whites. :-). Really hits the spot and only 50 calories.
  • tiredofbeingfat843
    Options
    Nabisco 100 Calorie Chocolate Pretzels. Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters, Dark Chocolate are my two favorites.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a Jell-o Double Chocolate pudding cup right now... 60 cals
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Cherries (when they are in season)

Welch's Fruit snacks

Instant Oatmeal (I like maple n brown sugar) with a teaspoon of peanut butter

Mini Fudgesicles
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow is my favorite when I want something "bad" like ice cream or chocolate.

Baked apples. Core the apple and slice most of the way down (into quarters) but not through. Line the cups of a muffin tin with foil. Put in the apples and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake until soft (sorry, not sure what temp or how long- it's been a while since I've made this), and enjoy! You can add a scoop of low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt too if you want, after it's baked.

Another idea: Low-fat ricotta cheese. Mix in Splenda (or whatever sugar sub you like), cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I take light and fit Greek yogurt and stick it in the freezer for a bit. Yummy!
  • mbaileyblock
    Options
    skinny cow has fudge bars that are only 100 calories and they hit the spot when in need of a sweet.

Popcorn with melted white chocolate only use one block and it's a nice salt and sweet treat.

Pudding with whip cream is low in calories.
  • mbaileyblock
    Options
    toss a small sweet potato in Tupperware.
    cover with cinnamon.
    microwave for 3-4 minutes (or more depending on size).
    open, mash, make everyone around you jealous.
    All of that win for 100 calories or so.

That sounds so yummy I am going to try that one!
  • bethanyn311
    bethanyn311 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Every night we allow ourselves one little treat. Mine is 1 of the tiny Hershey dark chocolate candy bars and it's about 40 cals i think and my hubby has 1 twizzler. every night to keep us from going nuts without the things we love.
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use my different flavor protein powders to make all types of treats...no bake cream cheese cake, peanut butter chocolate balls or bars, oatmeal cookies, etc. They are amazing, low cal, no sugar, low carb sweet snacks. I have recipes if you want.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Pink & whites. :-). Really hits the spot and only 50 calories.

What are pink and whites?
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My go to is a cup of hot cocoa (made with water) with a few mini marshamallows....the warm, sweet chocolatey taste always does it for me!