Any ideas on snacks for someone with a sweet tooth?

Options

Replies

• justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate, Skinny Cow ice cream treats, Vita Muffin Tops, even sometimes a spoonfull of Nutella will do the job. Thing is, I try to eat the better for you version 90% of the time. But every once and a while I just NEED the real thing. So I have a little...get my fix, before I binge on it, and move on. Everything in moderation. :smile:
  • FLBachatera
    Options
    Think Thin Chocolate fudge bars or Chocolate Espresso Bars - I cut them in half and enjoy with a glass of milk. 10g of protein for half!!

Frozen bananas are always good, as are frozen grapes - YUM.

I also like Pitted Dates, Sugar Free Jello, Hot Cocoa, Kind Bars, Pudding, Chex Chocolate Cereal, (or cinnamon or honey nut), herbal tea with real honey, Quakes (wish they didnt have HFCS though)
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My favorite dessert is currently a frozen banana dipped in plain Greek yogurt and then rolled in chopped almonds.
    I take a banana peel it then cut It in half put a wooden stick in the banana like a Popsicle. Put the banana in the freezer for a couple of hours then mix cinnamon and honey with Greek yogurt. Roll the frozen banana in the yogurt and sprinkle chopped almonds on to the yogurt. Stick the bananas back into the freezer for a couple hours and enjoy. I usually make several servings at a time for the week. It's a great low calorie dessert that is good for you and taste delicious
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    a cup of hot cocoa or some chocolate graham crackers
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries over cottage cheese
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate and Frozen Yogurt are certainly two of the top on my list :-)
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Agree, Skinny cow is good ice cream....big popcorn freak, but use an air popper to stay away from microwave stuff...chocolate on it..might have to try it !
  • raindrops517
    Options
    I am a junk food junkie, especially when it comes to sweets.

However, I gave up soda (more specifically Coke) over a month ago and I've found that I don't have near the sweet tooth cravings I used to have.

When I do have them, though, I usually go for a little dark chocolate. Or a fruit like stawberries or raspberries.

Get all the sweets out of your house, even if you have to give them away. Out of sight, out of mind. Plus, you'll be forced to eat/do something else and the craving just might go away.
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I eat caramel rice cakes-- the cakes are 50 calories a cake,or you can get caramel rice cake crisps-- they are 60 calories for 8 crisps...
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/11/guiltless-banana-ice-cream.html

I use my mini blender... sometimes I add PB2 or chocolate protein powder.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters -- super yummy chocolate/caramel candies that are 120 calories for a package of about 5 or 6.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The little frozen healthy choice greek yogurt cups!! 100 calories and cures my sweet tooth. It's like a little cup of ice cream.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I mix sugar free/fat free pudding mix with FF milk (as much as it calls for on the box) then mix that with FF cool whip, put it in the middle of two low fat graham crackers and freeze them ..they're delish :smile:

This sounds so good right now
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Why would you cut out something you enjoy? I'd say, do what I do, and fit such goodies into your daily calorie allowance. I have a couple of Hershey's Bliss milk chocolates every day. When I try to avoid this treat, I blow all my calories on trying to find something to take its place. Better that I just go ahead and have the thing I crave.
    Good luck.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond has English Toffee roasted almonds. 14 for 100c. YUM.
    Also have Cocoa roasted ones - good too!
  • asmithstl
    Options
    Special K bar Chocolate pretezels... only 90 calories and so yummy!

I am hooked on these! Its like a candy bar!
  • jeshhh
    jeshhh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just commenting so I remember this thread!
  • TinkaRose
    TinkaRose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat a Zone Dark Chocolate Almond Bar everyday for lunch! They are the best bars ever! I have lost 27 pounds and have some sort of chocolate daily!I stay under 1000 calories daily.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I like the options hot chocolate drinks-particularly the mint chocolate-less than 40 cals a mug. :smile:
  • _cherbear_
    Options
    I love to make my own vegan ice cream.
    Use a frozen banana, a date, and coconut water. Blend all in a food processor and enjoy!!!

I have also subbed out a couple things and did a frozen banana, stevia, and unsweetened coconut milk and it was delicious!

OR artic zero ice cream, I only like the chocolate flavor but its great and really helps with cravings.